Bloody Palace releasing to PSN and Xbox Live next week.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So, according to this article over at Polygon the dates for the release of the FREE Bloody Palace mode have been released. On the 19th it will be released on North American PSN. The very next day the 20th it will come to Xbox 360 and PS3 for the EU territories. Also alongside the DLC is a title update that apparently fixes some minor bugs. I'll be interested to see if they actually mess with nerfing the Demon Dodge since a lot of people are abusing it to high hell.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm sure it'll be a nice addition to the game, especially to those who are already enjoying it quite a bit. I don't know if it makes the game worth the full price of $50-60 to me, but it's nice anyway.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sounds fun. I can't wait for that and Vergil to be playable.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cool, hopefully kills in this count toward that 5,000 kill trophy since I was basically waiting for this to do it instead of just doing tedious grinding.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Any word on a PC release for this DLC?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the PC version comes soon after (and the Vergil DLC.)

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when these things used to be in the game...

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the other stuff that is being tweaked, digging it.

• Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
  • Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
  • Arbiter “Drop” now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
  • Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
  • Damage done by weakest enemies increased
  • Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
  • Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
  • SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
  • No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)

Source:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/13/dmc-devil-may-cry-update-to-add-bloody-palace-mode-make-game-tweaks/#hyAucc52eqcpm9jC.99

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanious said:

Here is the other stuff that is being tweaked, digging it.

• Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
  • Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
  • Arbiter “Drop” now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
  • Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
  • Damage done by weakest enemies increased
  • Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
  • Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
  • SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
  • No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)

Source:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/13/dmc-devil-may-cry-update-to-add-bloody-palace-mode-make-game-tweaks/#hyAucc52eqcpm9jC.99

Okay, so will there be a patch to make the enemies more aggressive?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Man, I still haven't even completed DmC on Son of Sparda mode yet. I admittedly got sidetracked when I started digging into the prior DMC games again, alongside Dead Space 3, and now Rising will be released next week, too! O_o'

I doubt I could be bothered in getting all of the achievements, because I rarely can, but I do still want to eventually beat it on DmD mode to continue the tradition. Still, I dunno, I just don't find the game to be quite as replayable as previous games for some reason.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I've been slowly inching my way through Son of Sparda, but this and the Virgil DLC may make me go back to the game in earnest. I just hope it isn't a bunch of rooms with Angel only and Demon only enemies, because the game kind of sucks when it does that.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nettacki said:

Doesn't look like it?

Either way it looks like they're making an effort to make it a little more difficult/balanced.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Finally! I've been waiting for the Bloody Palace mode. I loved the main game and everything, but after finishing it I really wanted to be able to go back in and fight large amounts of enemies without the story/platforming getting in the way. Can't wait.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musubi

Huh some interesting changes. Especially to how style rank stuff gets changed. Im almost shocked they didn't change the parry properties of the spinning scythe move. Its stupid easy to parry the saw blades those one enemies throw at you.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is great. Someone is borrowing my copy of the game anyways, so i`ll possibly be playing MGR:R anyways. I like the changes to the style meter.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan: Hope you enjoy Rising. I wish I could but man...I just can't seem to muster any fucks to give about that game after playing the demo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd love it so much if they released a mode that nuked the elementally aligned enemies.

Those things absolutely neuter your options, rendering the combat (the main draw, arguably) totally shit.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan: Hope you enjoy Rising. I wish I could but man...I just can't seem to muster any fucks to give about that game after playing the demo.

I`m not getting it for sure but knowing my love of platinum if the day one receptions is good I will end up getting it. I never cared for the demo either but I am not allowing that to color my judgement. I have a bizarre track record with demos. I was not all that impressed with the demos for Bayonetta, Batman: Arkham Asylum or Vanquish either but all those games are excellent. In contrast I loved the demo for DMC4 and played it multiple times. Turned out that game has some issues and is not in the same ball park as those three aforementioned games.

I'd love it so much if they released a mode that nuked the elementally aligned enemies.

Those things absolutely neuter your options, rendering the combat (the main draw, arguably) totally shit.

I would not mind this. They were the main reason I stopped playing the game, methinks. On son of sparta they just make the combat less fun by throwing too many of those at you. I was enjoying exploring the combat and making up combos. This is what I always enjoyed in DMC.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@snail said:

Any word on a PC release for this DLC?

I hope the PC version comes soon after (and the Vergil DLC.)

From the official Capcom twitter account:

DmC update: The PC version of Bloody Palace Mode is also now confirmed for a release on Feb. 20th!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanious said:

@nettacki said:

Doesn't look like it?

Either way it looks like they're making an effort to make it a little more difficult/balanced.

All I see are damage adjustments, not AI adjustments. Therefore, they're not more aggressive, they just hit harder.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nettacki said:

@sanious said:

@nettacki said:

Doesn't look like it?

All I see are damage adjustments, not AI adjustments. Therefore, they're not more aggressive, they just hit harder.

The enemies in Devil May Cry games have never been super aggressive. If you want super aggressive enemies play a Ninja Gaiden game.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sanious

@nettacki said:

Don't really know what you want me to say. OP mentioned bug fixes and stuff, I found that information and I posted for that purpose. I am sorry the update doesn't include things that you wanted. Not trying to have another discussion on this game on what it should or shouldn't be/have.

The game isn't perfect but I like that they're making adjustments based on some of the feedback.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@geteveryone: Those listed changes really don't merit looking at but addressing the elemental enemies would be great. I get that they're supposed to force you to use your weapons in a specific way but all they do is interrupt the flow of combat and stop you from mixing things up properly.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: You're right, but even older DMCs had more aggressive enemies than the new one. Or at least they don't telegraph their attacks as easily. I mean, if the enemies weren't very aggressive in the older games, they wouldn't be considered difficult classics. Or maybe the main source of difficulty came from the bosses and minibosses.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nettacki said:

@demoskinos: You're right, but even older DMCs had more aggressive enemies than the new one. Or at least they don't telegraph their attacks as easily. I mean, if the enemies weren't very aggressive in the older games, they wouldn't be considered difficult classics. Or maybe the main source of difficulty came from the bosses and minibosses.

I played the easier version of DMC3. I get the impression that the original was harder because the levels had no checkpoints. Something I'm glad they gave the option to not play like that. Not my idea of well made challenge. The other part of it is that the hard mode in the japanese DMC3 became out normal for whatever reason. That too was reverted back in DMC3 special edition.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nettacki: The difficulty comes from execution. Thing is even in the old games well... possibly minus DMC 1 DMD which I still think is BY FAR the hardest game in the series. Once you knew a pattern for a boss that was it even on tougher settings as long as you were good at execution you would beat it just as easy on DMD as you would normal. Now yeah, the enemies aren't super aggressive but there is still some difficulty to be had in spots. The difficulty doesn't come from the enemies themselves but more so in how they are paired. Which is where the colored enemies come into play. Yeah, I can see how you can dismiss them as gimmicky but thing is this also means that in cases where multiple elemental are abundant you can't simply just spam attacks with wide range and just hit the crowd and be done with it. You have to be a bit more surgical about the whole process.

Not to mention while not super super game changing bosses and all enemies get new tactics as well as being placed differently in higher settings and in the case of some enemies like the Frost Knights they even get shields added to them. And yes my former point on execution also applies largely to DmC as well but they do at the very least change up the initial flow so at least the first time you play you have the potential to be surprised at least a little bit.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Many will argue that what you consider "surgical", others consider "limiting combat options against certain enemies for the sake of artificially increasing the difficulty." IIRC, the old DMC games generally aren't known for that sort of thing, except for those shadow things in DMC1 where you have to shoot them first before they reveal their weak point upon which you slice the crap out of them with the sword.