#1 Posted by Emoney244 (161 posts) -

What moment were they referring to? I've played through the game four times and for the life me can not say what moment they could be referring to.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (22506 posts) -

They must be referring to the Bob Barbas boss battle. Which was indeed pretty awesome, especially the segments inbetween where you hafta fight demons while watching from the perspective of what looks like a heli-cam.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15131 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

They must be referring to the Bob Barbas boss battle. Which was indeed pretty awesome, especially the segments inbetween where you hafta fight demons while watching from the perspective of what looks like a heli-cam.

All while fantastic "on the scene" audio bytes of people being interviewed is playing. God its fantastic.

#4 Posted by Emoney244 (161 posts) -

I like the game but I don't see how that moment would sell people and how its really that amazing. Plus they showed that boss fight before the game came out.

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (10125 posts) -

The other genius thing about the Bob Barbas fight is that Ninja Theory always excels with face tech, and that fight is basically against a massive, animating face. His jowliness actually makes it better, since video games traditionally do soft flesh really poorly, the fact they do it pretty well only makes it that much more impressive.

#6 Posted by MikeW1980UK (75 posts) -

Different folks react differently to different things. I don't think Deckers.Die was al that great.

#7 Posted by csl316 (9411 posts) -

The Bob Barbas fight made me say out loud, to no one in particular, "this is fucking awesome." And then the game got even crazier. Parts were making me want to replay El Shaddai for whatever reason.

#8 Posted by Nentisys (893 posts) -

It was cool. Too bad all the boss fights in DmC are quite bad from a gameplay point. "Hit the red spot only"

#9 Posted by Brighty (251 posts) -

Boss fight was incredibly cool aesthetically, but mechanically was a total snorefest. If only they could have hit that sweet spot.

#10 Edited by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

Bob Barbas boss fight > Deckers.Die

#11 Posted by Glottery (1386 posts) -

This and the Club level were both great looking stuff, but definetly didn't make me loose my mind over their greatness. But then again, I don't thinks games have really managed to make me go "HOLY SHIT THIS IS CRAZY!" in a loooong, looong time by now. Just mildly, perhaps.

#12 Posted by WolfHazard (492 posts) -

Huh interesting you think it was the Bob fight, I always thought they were referring to the club sequence.

#13 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -

I thought they ware talking about the Rapture News level and then the boss fight. Patrick said something along the lines of "you crash into it and then...".

#14 Posted by dudeglove (8254 posts) -

Replaying both, I feel the club level should get more love, but I fucking burst out laughing at the Bob Barbus fight. Pretty sure Brad and Patrick are referring to the Barbus fight, though.

#15 Edited by SpasticHeathen (33 posts) -

@brighty said:

Boss fight was incredibly cool aesthetically, but mechanically was a total snorefest. If only they could have hit that sweet spot.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when you could replace the boss with a box of Wheaties and not lose anything for it. Once you get past the novelty of the presentation, there's nothing there.

#16 Edited by PhilipDuck (569 posts) -

@emoney244 said:

What moment were they referring to? I've played through the game four times and for the life me can not say what moment they could be referring to.

Yeah dude i had the same thought, everytime Brad was like omg have you played 'that' bit! Ialways thought what bit? :S But i'm also guessing he means Bob/Club..

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16155 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it was the club moment.