#1 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

The new Doom game was teased at E3 this year with the tagline "Reveal Quakecon 2014" What it didn't mention was that it was going to be revealed to the live attendees of Quakecon and the live attendees ONLY

According to a few sites like vg247 and polygon this is the case that is happening now. What a complete slap in the face, to release a teaser to the public and then only show off what was teased to an exclusive party.

I fully anticipate someone is going to record and leak the stuff anyways, but what a stupid move to not show off the game like was seemingly promised. Wolfenstein already had a horrible marketing campaign, this isn't looking much better. The only thing I can see helping me from foaming at the mouth is if the multiplayer beta comes out the same week, and the private footage is of the single player campaign. It'll burn a lot less.

#2 Edited by BigJeffrey (5112 posts) -
#3 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Lack of confidence in their own game? This does not bode well for DOOM 4.

#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -
#5 Posted by flasaltine (1713 posts) -

Fuck that

#6 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

All the more reason to get Brad and Drew there.

#7 Posted by Pr1mus (3956 posts) -

That game is so never coming out.

#8 Edited by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEART, ID. STOP FUCKIN WITH ME.

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (3273 posts) -

That doesn't sound too good

#10 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

This game is either never coming or is going to be an absolute trainwreck.

Can't wait!

#11 Posted by Pie (7117 posts) -

Doesn't this just mean that the general public just get some shitty sneaky hand cam footage to base their first opinions of the game on? Sounds good to me

#12 Posted by BradBrains (1184 posts) -

Is doom the new duke nukem forever ?

#13 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
#14 Posted by Stackboy (517 posts) -

That's some good marketing right there.

#15 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2296 posts) -

Well that sucks and whatever leaked footage hits the internet will only show that game in a bad light with it's blurriness that I just don't see how this works for id showcasing a new game.

#16 Posted by Itwongo (1246 posts) -

Aww maaaaan

#17 Posted by Korwin (3046 posts) -

Oooh look it's the internet's favourite relentlessly trotted out idiom.

#18 Edited by Corevi (5151 posts) -

It will be leaked anyway so why not livestream the reveal and cut the bullshit?

#19 Edited by Demoskinos (15188 posts) -

Just wait till the day after on YouTube.

#20 Posted by EveretteScott (1533 posts) -

@darkstalker: @siroptimusprime: @pr1mus: I'm lost. Didn't this game just get announced 'recently-ish'. I don't remember much talk about it after Doom 3 at all. So why is it 'never coming out'?

#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@darkstalker: @siroptimusprime: @pr1mus: I'm lost. Didn't this game just get announced 'recently-ish'. I don't remember much talk about it after Doom 3 at all. So why is it 'never coming out'?

Its been 'announced' before Rage came out several years ago. I don't think there was ever a press release, but they said they were making a new Doom game numerous times

#22 Posted by Victorboris1 (27 posts) -

fucking Bethesda/Zenimax, we should congregate at their headquarters and shit all over their parking lot

#23 Posted by conmulligan (792 posts) -

I'm fairly confident that Doom 4 is going to be at best a Rage-level disappointment, but I'm still super curious to see what it actually is.

#24 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2621 posts) -

@everettescott: Doom 4 has been in development since like 2007 and they've completely restarted development multiple times. I think it's definitely coming out this time, but obviously people are wary due to its rocky past.

#25 Posted by Pr1mus (3956 posts) -

@everettescott said:

Its been 'announced' before Rage came out several years ago. I don't think there was ever a press release, but they said they were making a new Doom game numerous times

Yes this. It was first announced in 2008 and apparently restarted in 2011 without ever releasing any meaningful news about the project and since then most key people at iD are gone and the studio is barely a shadow of its former glory.

#26 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3830 posts) -
#27 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1148 posts) -

Terrible decision is they do not release something at the same time. Off screen footage will be recorded by someone there, and it will be up on the internet for everyone to judge. It will give the game some pretty poor press from the start if that recording is lackluster in any way.

#28 Posted by crithon (3458 posts) -

Kinda curious what other Bethesda games would be shown there? Maybe fallout 4 ;)

#29 Posted by Skyfire543 (770 posts) -

As long as I can shoot a rocket launcher.

#30 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -

I agree with the general sentiment ... why not just show it to all in good light than rather a crappy & blurry at best phone shot video , that is beyond me

#31 Posted by csl316 (9526 posts) -
#32 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3830 posts) -
#33 Posted by kindone (2843 posts) -

So, you're complaining about a video that was never guaranteed to you? I see no loss. It sucks that we won't get the video that early, but they have to get people to attend somehow.

Whether you think its right or not, it's silly to call them out for being unfair...

#34 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@kindgineer said:

So, you're complaining about a video that was never guaranteed to you? I see no loss. It sucks that we won't get the video that early, but they have to get people to attend somehow.

Whether you think its right or not, it's silly to call them out for being unfair...

You have the worst logic in this situation

#35 Posted by ripelivejam (4924 posts) -

games are so hi-fi and 4k textures nowadays tht the ol pocket cam footage just isn't enough anymome :(

#36 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

I'LL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET.

#37 Posted by SteamRickroller (310 posts) -

And now for a leak to spill onto Youtube in 3,2,1.....

#38 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3830 posts) -
#39 Posted by csl316 (9526 posts) -
#40 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3509 posts) -

That's sweet. I like when companies reward their fans, even if it's only a few days/weeks before the rest of the world.