• 112 results
Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

So I just saw DOOM pop-up on Steam for $60USD/$80CAD, and my questions are: In what world does anyone buy DOOM for $60? And does anyone actually care anymore? Mind you I bought Doom 3 on release day, had some interesting mechanics with visibility, but got super repetitive after the first two sections.

I've seen the previews, they've added some kill animations, and speed it up (From Doom 3), whoopy-doo? At least Rage had a cool vibe, something new from ID. It wasn't perfect but at least they tried something slightly different. I can't believe the people at ID have no idea's, nothing new to contribute past, let's reboot doom.

Is this just an Id Tech 6 tech demo on consoles? The only interesting tidbit I could find was Id Tech 6 implements is a Vulkan (third Party Mantle successor) based game engine. Which reduces CPU usage and increases SLI/Crossfire performance. Great? The only time the CPU is stressed is in console ports/games that emphasize cpu over gpu. (i.e Dragon Dogma:Dark Arisen on PC)

Why does this project even exist? Stop coming back to your ex, with wide open eyes, leave it be, move on, do something new.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dude. The game looks awesome.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I would really enjoy a fast and fun FPS. Looks good to me.

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

I'm not excited for it, but my brain is for some reason.

I'll be buying it with intent to critique it, after all my experience with old Doom and Quake.

The alpha was pretty bad, but MP DOOM isn't my thing.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Schmollian

Um..... Fuck yes?

For one, not only have I absolutely loved every entry of the Doom franchise (1 through 3, and their add-ons), I think it's about time we had a good old fashioned violent shooter set against the forces of hell again.

So "Fuck yes" is what I am saying.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I absolutely fucking do.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a new game to shoot stuff in, so sure.

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious to play it. I can appreciate another action-packed, ultra-violent romp through Hell while looking for keycards/skull keys for what it is.

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mathj

yes, very excited. looks awesome. sounds like you just might be cynical about it.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup don't understand some of the cynisism this game has gotten out of freakin' left field. I mean it looks like a really fun, really well made straight foreward shooter. Last time I played a truly good one of those was Warhammer 40K Space Marine and to a lesser extend Wolfenstein New Order.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it's still not as fast as old DOOM, but it's sure as hell a better sequel than DOOM bro-dude edition. Maybe this one will about the speed that DOOM 64 was, which was still a great game that no one really talks about.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks bad. I hope it turns out good.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I abso-fucking-lutely DO care. For one, shooters like this aren't really made anymore, let alone big budget ones. Two, on top of that, it looks like a fantastic amount of fun. And I don't know about you, but I really like fun. It's pretty cool.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I very much care. Doom is a great franchise, and this one appears to be much more than "faster Doom 3". If anything, it looks like it may be the closest thing to a true 90s-style FPS that we've gotten in ages. Whether that's the case or not remains to be seen, but it looks promising.

I will definitely be buying this at full price if the reviews bode well.

As for why this exists, it's because Doom still has a diehard fanbase. It's admittedly weird that half of the entries in the franchise, not counting Doom 64, are reboots. But since nobody on the planet is thinking "Gee, I wonder what Doomguy got up to after Hell on Earth?", that's fine by me.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more interested than i ever was before, granted i only played original doom on like super nintendo I think lol. It looks like it has the good shooting from Rage with the doom universe wrapped around it, i know rage gets hate but it had very good shooting mechanics and pretty good enemy variety.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

If it plays like the 90s ID games (or even Rage honestly) then I definitely care.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i'm on mobile but someone please tag punkxblaze

i'm very excited tho

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

Dude. I still pick up and play Doom 1 and 2 often. I love these games, and I played them long after their heyday. Hell, I also love Doom 3. The whole franchise is still super fun to me.

I'm cautious about the new Doom, but I'll definitely play it.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think if this game was just a fast and fluid shooter, I'd be way more into it. The scripted melee kill animations really kills the momentum for me. The way they cut that latest trailer just proved my fear that the cool new scripted kill animations will look cool the first couple of times, and then they'll just become tedious.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I am totally up for a new Doom!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh fucking whatever. Doom looks great.

crow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SNAPMAP!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not crazy about it but it looks pretty cool and hell i may even get it at/near release if i get caught up in the zeitgeist enough (though i really shouldn't *looks at backlog*). only sort of problem i have with it is those kill animations; they really seem to break up the flow.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also it better support my .WAD files.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By geirr

I'm semi-curious about it but I haven't loved any FPS since the original Doom. It was kind of perfection for me, and since then it's only been downhill.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

After playing the extremely limited alpha, I saw the potential and can't wait to try the full game. They got the feel right, that's all that matters in a run and gun shooter campaign like this.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am fully in on a new Doom game. For better or for worse, there just aren't a lot of shooters like this anymore. So when one does come around, such as the new Wolfenstein, I dive in.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Itwastuesday

everything i saw about it turned me away. reminds me more of quake than doom, but really it just looks generic and uninteresting.

especially at e3 when they kept emphasizing the speed. i was thinking, yeah, okay sure i guess doom was pretty fast. maybe that will make this a good doom game if it's fast

and then they showed it and it wasn't fast at all

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks kind of like bulletstorm (minus the points and combos) but that boom boom boom pace to everything seems kind of cool.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am definitely looking forward to playing a new Doom title. I would like to see a little more variety in my shooters and this game isn't based in realism like most other shooters out right now.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually don't think there's a way to make a Doom game in the modern era of video games. Everything I've seen from it makes the game seem far too slow and the contextual melee kills are really putting me off. The latest trailer leads me to believe that they're really leaning into the melee stuff too.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the appeal, but I looking forward to trying out the beta, got that from buying Wolfenstien the New Order.

Honestly, right now I'm more interested in hearing about the new Homefront game coming out around the same time.

Maybe it will be like Wolfenstien turn out surprising well.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

Everything I've seen of it thus far (which granted isn't much) has looked plain and boring. Currently, I have zero interest for it. If, however, it comes out and people who know them some Doom (Brad Shoemaker, for example) says its awesome in the way original Doom/Doom II was awesome, I'm entirely onboard.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything I've seen of it thus far (which granted isn't much) has looked plain and boring. Currently, I have zero interest for it. If, however, it comes out and people who know them some Doom (Brad Shoemaker, for example) says its awesome in the way original Doom/Doom II was awesome, I'm entirely onboard.

Mr. one Brad Shoemaker is a known filthy Doom 3 apologist, let the record show.

MrSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a dive in and mess people up kind of game which I can get into in short blasts. Will buy it but not expecting a massive comeback. Old DOOM cannot be topped.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spitznock

I have enjoyed every release of Doom since the first, and this is one of the few games I'm actively looking forward to this year. If they get the feel of the shooting right, a return to the speedy chaotic combat of the first games could be amazing.

Do I think it'll be one of the best games I've played recently? Doubt it. Do I still really want to play it? Yes.

-edit- We need more Satan in shooters these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didn't think I'd be interested, but everything I've seen makes the game look really fun.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't think I'd be interested, but everything I've seen makes the game look really fun.

---^

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally excited for the new Doom game. I'm curious though: would it be possible to make a mod that replicates the original speed of Doom?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it has the pace it appears to have it'll be a great whiteknuckle shooter which is something we don't get much of these days. It's probably one of my most anticipated games of the year.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By gundogan

Singleplayer, multiplayer and an easy to use and share level editor. Sure, that sounds like a good $60 deal. Multiplayer is fun from what I've played and it feels fast enough at 120 FoV. The E3 demo was like every other presentation: slow with a controller so people can follow it.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes yes yes. I need some good old dumb well-crafted FPS. I'm starving over here.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@civid said:

Yup don't understand some of the cynisism this game has gotten out of freakin' left field.

Yeah, this is the first of them ramping up the advertising on it and properly promoting it and before we've really seen that much of it, so many people are being cynical towards it with a "oh.. doom? they still make those huh?" attitude.

I'm excited to see what Doom looks like in 2016. And if it sucks I'll just load up Doom 1 again and listen to that ripping synth guitar from E1M1.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. FPS shooters or shooters in general in futuristic space mining environments are boring and dull now. Would be better if the environment was more open or just outside for some of it so you could see more of the planet / hell or wherever the convoluted story says you are.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, I enjoyed Rage and Wolfenstien New Order quite a lot.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In what world does anyone buy DOOM for $60?

I'm not particularly interested in it besides potentially trying out the multiplayer, but what does this question even imply? Because it's titled DOOM it's somehow a lesser game? I don't understand how DOOM can't charge $60 for it especially when you compare it to the current shooter market.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 24

No, then again I began Quake, so never care that much about Doom series personally. This new Doom feels like id finally applies what they learnt from Quake on a Doom, and that's more than a decade too late.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I don't understand (and get really annoyed by) "I'm over it" gamers.

I feel like there is no other medium in the entire world where people do this.

If you like something, you like it. People who only like something while it's trendy and then move on when the crowd moves on aren't actually fans of something and aren't actually it's audience.

I remember having a conversation with a person on a music site who, when I said I enjoyed Ska music, replied "Pssh. So did I... in like 1994!" as though to imply that I wasn't cool because I liked music that was "out of date". The reality is that I was actually fan of the genre while this other person was just a tourist. They moved on to pop punk and then probably emo and then hipster folk rock. Meanwhile... I still like Ska.

So, yes, I am excited for new Doom content. My only requirement is that they make it suitable to the things that made the game great to begin with and don't fall into the trap of trying to make it trendy and keep up with what they think is "in style" right now.