• 83 results
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: DotA coverage, yes? (388 votes)

YES, MORE DOTA COVERAGE 62%
NO, THAT IS ENOUGH 38%
#1 Edited by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Shit, I posted this too early. Let me edit this post...

#2 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Non, señor.

#3 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Well I wold prefer league I'll take my moba however I can get it.

#4 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I enjoy listening to Brad talk about the game. Better than nobody playing games at all, it is a slow period after all.

#5 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2195 posts) -

You're getting some tomorrow.

#6 Edited by triple07 (1196 posts) -

NEVER STOP THE DOTA!

#7 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

I can't wait until they unironically act like collectSHUN with brad's DOTA 2 habit.

#8 Posted by LevelIchi (24 posts) -

More DotA? More content for me to skip.

#9 Edited by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -
Soon

The forthcoming "Daily Dota" feature is soon upon us, and while I'm not a particular fan of the game myself, its grasp on Brad is quite alarming as he is the Anime Editor on the site after all and, not to mention, his seemingly unhealthy obsession at the moment if his stories on the Bombcast are to be believed. I've only played about half an hour worth of the game and realized it was not for me at all, having issues with similar games like Torchlight and Diablo with how... boring they are in almost every regard (also, my poor mouse shouldn't take all that clicking). Hearing Brad recount his daily adventures with the game on the Bombcast is my primary source on the subject, so I don't really mind whatever he has to spill, especially when he's talking about how odd it is to play with another person named Brad.

Anyway, while I don't think "Daily Dota" won't really be "Daily" like the name suggests (God, I hope not, for Brad's sake), do you think enough's enough? Or do you like this sudden spiral into Brad's demise is only a good thing?

Edit: Damn it, site, I just want to edit this.

#10 Edited by BeachThunder (11692 posts) -

Yikes, no! I'll watch it anyway though >_>

#11 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5222 posts) -

I have no interest in Dota, but with the lull in games, I don't mind.

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Welp, can't edit my first post but all I really wanted to make was the poll. Oh well.

#13 Edited by Slag (3995 posts) -

There is no such thing as too much DOTA.

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

GIVE ME ALL THE DOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

I think Brad is kind of losing it. Also, as a League of Legends player whose attempts at playing Dota have ended in mostly confusion... Nah. I don't even think MOBAs are necessarily all that fun to watch, for as much as the streaming community seems to disagree.

#16 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

More coverage the better. Doesn't matter what it is. Give it the people.

I mean game-wise its pretty dead, so they gotta do SOMETHING. Might as well cash in on brads current DOTA habit.

#17 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'm not really into the coverage as much as I'm into Brad's slow transformation into something not quite human.

#18 Posted by Village_Guy (2492 posts) -

Why is it always "yes" or "no" questions, I much prefer "yay" or "nay" questions.

Anyway nay, but I'll get my Giant Bomb any way I can, so I'll probably watch as much as I can of it.

#19 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Sure, I don't play the game but it's nice to here someone be generally enthused about games every now and again.

#20 Posted by Soap (3564 posts) -

My lack of care or hate for Dota knows no bounds... I just have the feeling it's going to be the end of gaming as we know it. :/

#21 Edited by forkboy (1115 posts) -

I'm fine with more video content, but if you asked me to choose what game it would be I'd not choose DOTA, put it like that.

Though I guess I actually know what MOBA means now which is nice.

#22 Posted by UlquioKani (1026 posts) -

I'm getting into DOTA as well so I'd like to see more of it on Giant Bomb

#23 Posted by SomeJerk (3141 posts) -

I like watching it more than SC2 but in the end it's one guy and his addiction, something I wish we'd see for things like a JRPG or even a Japanes title like ever. (this level of addiction I mean. I'm more addicted to Dark Souls given the time I've played it in the past six months)

On the other hand, there is nothing else to cover until after the E3 dust settles and I really dig his dedication/addiction and like seeing that combined with a niche game that actually has interesting things to it in its pure raw gameplay.

#24 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

You guys suck. And so does Dota.

#25 Posted by TheLegendOfMart (239 posts) -

@twolines said:

You guys suck. And so does Dota.

#26 Edited by Happenstance (461 posts) -

I'll probably try and watch it simply because its GB content but I find Dota really boring so dont know how long I will last. I'd much rather they played something else.

#27 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -
@animasta said:

I can't wait until they unironically act like collectSHUN with brad's DOTA 2 habit.

That would be a beautiful tragedy. And it would be ironic considering Brad played the doctor in collectSHUN.

#28 Posted by Nev (539 posts) -

Eh, sure. Not a DOTA fan, but I'll take the guys bullshitting and chatting around it.

#29 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Yes yes! Me like more DOTA.

#30 Edited by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Just nothing about MOBAs has sounded appealing to me. It sounds like the ultimate expression of games as psychological tricks to keep you hitting that joy button to get the shiny, and with a reportedly hostile community to boot. WoW leveling, but arguably with even less story content or things to say. I mean, I killed many hours playing Counter Strike some years ago, but I don't necessarily view that as a good thing that happened. As an outsider, it seems so blatantly commercial and soulless, I can't understand what keeps people so enraptured by it. That said, I got keys, so hit me with a PM or Steam message (also Kraznor) if you want to ruin your life/see what the crazies are up to.

#31 Edited by SuperTess (142 posts) -

No. Because I don't want Brad to die.

#32 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

Or do you like this sudden spiral into Brad's demise is only a good thing?

It's the best thing to happen to the site in a while, in my opinion.

#33 Posted by ShaggE (6328 posts) -

Eh. Let Brad fill his DOTA quota.

I have no actual opinion on this, I just wanted to say "DOTA quota".

#34 Posted by EternalHaV0C (66 posts) -

@twolines: You are the one who sucks. I'm joking of course, but some kind of weekly or bi-weekly show/wrap-up/watch Brad play a game of Dota2 would be cool as far as I am concerned.

Different strokes etc.

#35 Posted by djou (858 posts) -

One of my favorite things about GB is that is follows the passions of the crew. You can always tell when they are into a game during QLs and other content and when its just about showing the game or dicking around.

Brad is really into Dota right now, I'd rather see his content contribution be with something he's into. The DMC series is fun, but he seems miserable playing them. If its the right format, with some commentary for noobs and others who will stumble on the videos down the line, then I'd love to see a daily series at least for the Dota competition that's about to happen.

#36 Edited by ajamafalous (11846 posts) -

Oh man, I didn't even realize this was a thing. Have they said what they'll be doing? Is it just going to be Brad playing, or streaming inhouses with commentary, or watching pro games, or what?

#37 Posted by Matt (957 posts) -

I'm way into this!

#38 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

I wish I could play Dota 2, but my colorblindness is pretty much crippling in that game. Worse than Battlefield 3 was before they added a colorblind mode. Still, I enjoy watching it be played by people who can tell what's going on and hearing people talk about it.

#39 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

I wish I could play Dota 2, but my colorblindness is pretty much crippling in that game. Worse than Battlefield 3 was before they added a colorblind mode. Still, I enjoy watching it be played by people who can tell what's going on and hearing people talk about it.

#40 Edited by Bocam (3670 posts) -

If this ends in Brad turning into a tree, I'm all for it.

#41 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

#43 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -
#44 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

Give me all of the Dota!

Btw today's games just started.

#45 Posted by Nardak (463 posts) -

I think Brad invented this thing just to have a chance to play dota 2 during the day.

#46 Posted by Rayeth (1021 posts) -

GIVE ME ALL THE DOTAS.

But seriously, with the International 2013 Qualifiers in full swing and the ramp up to the tournament it self getting pretty crazy, this is the perfect time to give the scene a bit of coverage. Hopefully by the time the actual tournament happens (August 7-11) Brad will still be into it and can cover some of the goings on during the big show there as well.

#47 Posted by Rayeth (1021 posts) -

GIVE ME ALL THE DOTAS.

But seriously, with the International 2013 Qualifiers in full swing and the ramp up to the tournament it self getting pretty crazy, this is the perfect time to give the scene a bit of coverage. Hopefully by the time the actual tournament happens (August 7-11) Brad will still be into it and can cover some of the goings on during the big show there as well.

#48 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -
#49 Posted by BaconGames (3291 posts) -

To be honest I felt like I was nearing the end of my time with the site talking about Dota but who knows, I have no idea what to really expect with a title like that.

#50 Posted by Killercombo (218 posts) -

I personally don't care about the game either way but I voted yes just because it's more content and I would prefer it has it's own show rather than on TnT or UPF so that thing tomorrow is fine.