#1 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

If you haven't already heard, Elder Titan (or Taruen Chieftan) is coming with tomorrow's patch in all his yellowly man-bull glory. Despite being a melee strength hero, Elder Titan has the ability to initiate from long ranges by sending out a controllable spirit double that can mimic his Echo Stomp ability: a powerful AoE nuke that knocks targets unconscious, similar to Bane's Nightmare. He also packs one of the coolest looking ultimates in the game with his Earth Splitter, a spell that opens up a huge fissure in front of Elder Titan that, after a short delay, explodes causing damage based on their max HP and applying a slow to anyone caught in the blast.

So yeah, I'm fucking stoked. I love strength heroes and this CC machine is right up my alley.

#2 Edited by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

Oh thank Christ they changed what he looked like. I would not have been okay with this shit:

#3 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@ajamafalous: That wouldn't have made any sense. I mean, he even appears right next to ES on the hero selection and looks nothing like him, despite the fact that both are tauren. That straight up looks like one of those "has science gone too far" banners you see on weird websites.

#4 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

That passive makes me scared...

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

@ajamafalous: That wouldn't have made any sense. I mean, he even appears right next to ES on the hero selection and looks nothing like him, despite the fact that both are tauren. That straight up looks like one of those "has science gone too far" banners you see on weird websites.

I'm not really sure what you're saying. That was his beta model before he was finalized for this patch.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The spirit also carries the passive.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@cloudenvy said:

The spirit also carries the passive.

Next you'll tell me it stacks or something.

#8 Posted by Rayeth (1043 posts) -

Playing this guy in pubs is going to be the most frustrating thing ever. The stomp DOES NOT STUN. It basically sleeps enemies, so any damage from a hero (Radiance, etc included, but Necrolyte aura or other HP removal skills don't) will wake them up almost instantly. So tell your teammates and hope they listen otherwise you will not be doing so much with that totally awesome disable.

#9 Edited by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

@rayeth said:

Playing this guy in pubs is going to be the most frustrating thing ever. The stomp DOES NOT STUN. It basically sleeps enemies, so any damage from a hero (Radiance, etc included, but Necrolyte aura or other HP removal skills don't) will wake them up almost instantly. So tell your teammates and hope they listen otherwise you will not be doing so much with that totally awesome disable.

Eh, it'll be fine in a couple weeks once everyone knows it works like Nightmare.

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@ajamafalous: I was saying that artistic rendition wouldn't have made any sense if they had kept it that way for the reasons I outlined. Thankfully they didn't. New one looks much better, and thankfully they also fixed the ulti as well.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

@subjugation said:

@ajamafalous: I was saying that artistic rendition wouldn't have made any sense if they had kept it that way for the reasons I outlined. Thankfully they didn't. New one looks much better, and thankfully they also fixed the ulti as well.

Well, I'm not really sure they care too much about 'artistic rendition,' considering they changed Legion Commander's gender.

#12 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Oh thank Christ they changed what he looked like. I would not have been okay with this shit:

At that point he was not done.