What do you think about Brad's "Daily Dota" Content?

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By DriveupLife

Poll What do you think about Brad's "Daily Dota" Content? (1598 votes)

Great! 24%
Good! 22%
Meh 12%
I dislike it 4%
I don't watch it 38%
 • 
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#301  Edited By RVonE

If Brad has so much disposable time at the office, why can't he devote more of it to diverse content? I would happily re-up my subscription if the premium content didn't consist almost entirely of the archived live shows. :/

Agreed.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cleron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#303  Edited By Cleron

I like it, but from time to time it would be nice if they could throw in a few LOL games.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#304  Edited By bemusedchunk

I get that there aren't many games coming out now, so I don't think the argument of "If he has so much disposable time, can't he do something else?" holds up much.

Personally, I'd rather see some more Bombastica stuff or just random/old stuff like Bioforge.

If I wanted to watch Dota streams, I'd be on Twitch more.

Also, Dota ain't really my bag...It's like if I started up daily content just to watch dungeon runs in WoW. I'd enjoy it, sure. But not many others would...

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played it, so never watched it.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great, I watch a few of the archives as i'm not online when it's live. Wish I understood more of what was going on, i've picked up some stuff over the weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish it was starcraft, but thats just me.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

I watch it occasionally. I'm a LoL fan myself and would prefer it if they did LoL because I think it has cleaner graphics that would pop better in the stream, but DOTA2's fine. It has the same niche as reality TV for the site: content that is quickly produced which a sizable chunk of the viewers enjoy. (I wonder how the Daily DOTA's apparent 45% viewing rate compares to other content they put up.)

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool he does it but in in the LoL camp so I personally don't find it all that interesting. I can't comment on how it plays as I've never played it but the actual champions are sorta boring. LoL had more personality but hey that's just my opinion.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i love it, granted i rarely watch it i just listen to it while im doing something else. its only when crispy is yelling something that i switch over to it. like the black hole part. or any courier part. but mostly its just entertaining background noise

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who knows jack shit about Dota, I've watched a few and they've been entertaining enough, especially when they just decide to dick around.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#312  Edited By davidwitten22

I still don't understand why people watch it. It doesn't really matter what game he's playing to be honest cause I'd imagine very few of the people who watch it are actually watching it for DotA as there are many, many more and better places to get it. People who watch it I guess are just watching it because its Brad, he could be doing LoL or HoN or Sc2 and the viewership would probably be the same.

I love DotA but I have my hands full playing it and watching the tons of content that comes out in the form of tournaments, and when I decide to actually watch a player stream the last thing I want to watch is someone who is equal in skill to me.

@thesoutherndandy- I don't understand why LoL people say this, especially since half the heroes in LoL are just copycats of heroes that originated in DotA. I mean we have a dude who can summon trees that he can control, teleport all over the map on a 20 second cool, and launch his ultimate which hits 20+ units globally. We have a guy who spawns a blackhole. We have a guy who is actually up to 5 guys once he hits a certain level and buys one item. We have a guy who can steal ANY spell in the game from any guy on the opposite team. There's a lot of reason LoL people don't like dotA, but calling the heroes boring compared to LoL heroes who all follow the same pattern doesn't really make any sense.