Who else is really excited for this game?

• 77 results
cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cbk486

I can't wait for another good, proper Bioware-style RPG. It's been far too long.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

Everything I've seen of it so far reminds me more of KOTOR than of Origins, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. It could work out as long as the 'seize the strongholds' thing doesn't become too formulaic.

I'll definitely play it, but I don't go into any Bioware game with high expectations anymore. They're far from being the studio they once were.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's easily the game I'm most excited for this year. I still love everything Bioware's made and have no doubts that this is going to be fantastic.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I didn't care for the previous installments, but this one looks interesting.

Loading Video...

Looks like its shaping up to be a great game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm interested in seeing how it ends up, and I will buy it because I am a sucker, but I can't get myself to be super hyped about another Bioware game.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My most anticipated game this year. I loved the first 2 so I can't wait for this one. I wasn't burned by DA2 and ME3 like other people were.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't wait to see the story and the exploration looks like a lot of fun. The only thing that concerns me is the combat. It looks sooooo fucking clunky.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Odds are, it won't be like the first one, which makes me sad. I have no problem with action-y games, but I would KILL for another DA game exactly like the first. It made me finally understand why people liked the Infinity engine games a long time ago, as I felt that DA:O was the modern version of those.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Pretty sure it will be the first disc I buy for my PS4, so yes, I can't wait for October.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I'm really excited. I get that 2 wasn't good but I think it's very clear why it was not. And Origins was one of the best games of the last generation.

This one looks like it's also not playing it safe which I'm very interested to see.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Hunter5024

I'm super interested. I can't get excited though, they fucked up too bad, and they've said a lot of the right things, but not enough to keep me from being cautious. Still, it's one of my most anticipated games of the year.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024:

Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC went a long way for me (in terms of feeling good about the studio again).

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By onyxghost

Effin A Cotton....

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EthanielRain

My most anticipated game...I actually loved 2, and this one looks to have improved on it in every way.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By veektarius

Yeah. It'd be nice if there were more competition in this genre, but since there's not, I can't help but anticipate it when one comes.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I am not excited. I'd certainly like to be, as I enjoyed the first Dragon Age (save for the Fade), but Dragon Age II left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not going to get my hopes up or hyped for Inquisition, nor am I going to preorder it. I'm going to wait until the game is released and wait to see what the reaction is. Not just from the press, but from players in general.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm cautiously optimistic. Another big production values RPG would be really nice. Let's see how it turns out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

I love what I've seen, but I still haven't found the drive to finish Dragon Age Origins. I guess "cautiously optimistic" might be the best way to put it, but I'm more excited than that implies. I just can't shake the fact that my feelings on DAO leap back and forth, from "really good old-school epic fantasy" to "boringly generic old-school fantasy with too much dialog and uninteresting combat".

But Inquisition's combat, from what I've seen, looks a little more action-y while keeping the pause-and-play tactics options of DAO. Maybe I'll enjoy it more. Also it looks fantastic.

EDIT: And I think the PC version is even supposed to have controller support. If the rest of my post didn't make old-school Bioware fans cringe, then that sentence certainly will.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Bioware game Im not getting at release in a while. After DA2 and ME3 I can't do blind buys for Bioware anymore.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShadyPingu

I'm deeply cautious after DA2, but I enjoyed Origins so much that I can't simply write this one off. We'll see where we are this fall.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I can't be super excited after DA2 (which I enjoyed) and ME3 (which was pretty average). I have no doubt that BioWare can still make "Good" games, but they used to make GREAT games, and their games haven't been impressing me lately. ME2 was the last one I really liked. DA2.... it was okay, but it couldn't hold the smallest, dimmest candle to DA:O.

I haven't see much of Dragon Age: Inquisition, apart from the art-design and the graphics, which are admittedly very nice. But a pretty game does not necessarily equate to a good one. Now, I have heard some things about DA:I which I like, such as not being confined to one city, having more than 5 different environments and being able to play as someone other than Hawk (UGH. That character will never be remembered or praised). A large party and a big world all sound pretty good - sounds like a proper Dragon Age game, and not a side-story like DA2 seemed to be (I'd almost call DA2 "Hawk's Quest", because that's what 95% of it was about. So there's hope, I think, for DA:I. I will look forward to hearing more about it... but I'm not going to pre-order it. I'm wary and wiser. I'm waiting for reviews this time.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not hyped. They seem intent on making it both action based and tactical. DA 2 did not give me any confidence they can achieve that. Even Inquisition is better than 2 (which I can hardly doubt!), it probably won't be what I want in the successor to the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. I'm definitely going to wait for a quick look, a WTF is and for the launch hype forum chatter to settle out before I really look into DA:Inquisition.

I am much more hyped for Pillars of Eternity, which does look like a true Infinity Engine successor.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

please be good please be good please be good

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope I don't jinx it... but I've been following the Twitch streams Bioware has been putting out lately and this game is looking fantastic. Kinda surprised we haven't started seeing a little more hype for this game by now, it really is worth a look if you haven't been paying any attention to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I think everyone is being cautiously optimistic because of Dragon Age 2. I am hoping for the best because I've been jonesing for a Bioware style RPG for awhile.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

considering its the only game i see having a chance at beating borderlands the presequel for my goty,ide say im pretty excited.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bargainben

I'm going in having loved the 1st and super duper loathing the design doctrine they thought they could get away with after 2. So I haven't watched a single preview because for all I know the sweet dungeon they show in a preview build is the only dungeon in the game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I am! Looks terrific, and I didn't hate either of its predecessors. Looking forward to getting my mitts on another beefy Bioware RPG.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By schlorgan

I'm in day one. Even considering taking the day off work.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By LawGamer

Ehhhhhh . . .

For the record, I'm really hoping it's awesome. After Destiny kind of fell flat for me, I need a good meaty RPG to tide me over until the Witcher 3 comes out. That said, I'm in a position where BioWare seems to be saying all the right things, but then they show gameplay and it looks like they haven't learned any lessons from DAII at all.

Combat looks even more action-y than DAII (if that's even possible) and the tactical camera, while back, looks more like a genuflection to fans of DA:O than a meaningful feature. Also, in the last two videos I've seen, they have:

a) Added in a jump. Which wouldn't necessary be a problem except that it's the most video-game looking jump since Mario. At this rate, they should just add secret ? blocks for you to find.

b) Auto-diaglouged the hell out of most of the quests. If a significant chunk of their "100 hours of content" is going to be me retrieving the "Silken Bra of Intense Itching" from the laundry because Susan Lazypants just happened to mention it as I walked past on my way to saving the world, I'm out.

c) Given you a item-find "pulse" which looks exactly like the one in the Witcher 2. I'm not necessarily opposed to the feature, but it makes me worried they're just ripping features out of other games people like without actually understanding what makes those features work or whether they're even necessary to include.

In general, it looks like the philosophy underlying the game was "more." More explosions, more skills, more systems, more feels. More. More. More. More. That would be great if all of that "more" were any good, but I'm getting worried its going to be like going to Olive Garden - the "never-ending pasta bowl" sounds great until you realize all the pasta they have is kind of crap.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm exited to see more about it for sure, not sure if I will buy it right away, but it is on the "interested" level for me now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've lost a lot of love for BioWare, and at this point I'm not sure if I have the energy left to try and mend our relationship. A friend of mine is too invested in the Dragon Age universe to stop now (even though he absolutely hated the second one - a sentiment I share), so I'll likely wait for his review on the game. If nothing else I'll probably end up watching a playthrough at some point, since I think that BioWare's writing is, for the most part, still strong. It's when the gameplay starts that I start to have problems...

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ungodly

I'm super pumped for it... Hell I bought it twice (once for PC, and again for the Xbox One), because I'm dumb like that.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Even though I'm one of the few that really enjoyed the last DA game, I just can't get excited for it when The Witcher 3 is so close behind it. Maybe if it is really well received I'll check it out, but right now it's not a priority

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bartok said:

I think everyone is being cautiously optimistic because of Dragon Age 2. I am hoping for the best because I've been jonesing for a Bioware style RPG for awhile.

I wish I could be only cautiously optimistic, but at this point it's my most anticipated game for the rest of the year. I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but everything I've seen of it has looked fantastic, so perhaps it can live up to my expectations.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sessh

I can't wait for this, it's one of the reasons I finally went and bought a PS4.

Also while DA2 was nowhere near as good as Origins, it was still a well done game, that I put a lot of hours into. So yeah, excited for the new one.

Only problem I have are the none existent safe transfer options, I really don't remember all the decisions I've made (especially because of multiple playthroughs, but the firs one is the "canon" one for me) for use in The Keep, so this is gonna suck.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like a few other folks in this thread, i've lost a lot of love for the Bioware brand. I'll likely pick this up at some point, it just won't be the first week, I don't think.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved Dragon Age II so I'm super pumped for this.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EternalVigil

After Dragon Age II, SWTOR and ME3 I've lost a lot of trust in Bioware's ability to make a compelling game and narrative, so this is probably going to be the first time in quite a while I don't pick up one of their games at launch, as I plan to wait and see how it's received critically and from fans before I'd even consider it as DAII really left a bad impression on me.

The little I've seen of it doesn't garner much hope from me as the combat still seems to be pretty much mashing on the attack button then press another for a special like DA II was, and adding multiplayer again for a single player RPG (admittedly it was pretty good in ME3) really rubs me the wrong way.

I really hope I'm wrong about it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love what I've seen, but I still haven't found the drive to finish Dragon Age Origins. I guess "cautiously optimistic" might be the best way to put it, but I'm more excited than that implies. I just can't shake the fact that my feelings on DAO leap back and forth, from "really good old-school epic fantasy" to "boringly generic old-school fantasy with too much dialog and uninteresting combat".

But Inquisition's combat, from what I've seen, looks a little more action-y while keeping the pause-and-play tactics options of DAO. Maybe I'll enjoy it more. Also it looks fantastic.

EDIT: And I think the PC version is even supposed to have controller support. If the rest of my post didn't make old-school Bioware fans cringe, then that sentence certainly will.

This still pretty much sums up my opinion quite well, but unless something crazy happens I'm pretty sure I'll buy it soon after launch. I'm up for a nice-looking AAA romp through fantasyland and I'm not necessarily looking for something that's going to blow my mind.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited. There's finally a combat system that I think seem decent(I thought DA2 had a pretty crappy action system and DA1 had a really boring non-actiony one). There are things I don't like, mind. For instance, I haven't seen anyone run faster than a light jog yet. That might be to encourage you to use mounts, but if I'm gonna maneuver a huge open fantasy world, I really hope they give me the ability to move around fast, at least if I'm a rogue. With what their jump looks like though, I'm not holding my breath. I won't get to run around like it's Dragon's Dogma.

The story could go either way I suppose. It's certainly Bioware again, with the collection of representatives from each nation or race to fight against an inhuman, personality-lacking force. Depends on whether they nail the writing or not.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hated Dragon age 2, thought the justification for the last act in that game to be the dumbest thing ive ever seen in a videogame.

but i loved Dragon age Origins.

ill wait for reviews,

TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

I love Dragon Age Origins, lukewarm on DA 2, I expect this and Far Cry 4 to be in contention for my personal game of the year.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By conmulligan

I like what Bioware are saying about the game, but every time I see it in action I come away more and more apprehensive. It's mostly the presentation — something about the art direction seems off, and the UI looks absolutely abysmal. Maybe I'm just ruined by The Witcher's more natural looking environments.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#46  Edited By alistercat

I know I'll get it but not importing a save in to DA3 just bums me out. I'm in the Keep beta, so I know how it all works. Still feels like cheating.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShadyPingu

Really starting to wonder, after watching some gameplay, if they learned the right lessons from DA2. That game's most remarked-upon flaws are also the most patently obvious ones, so while I appreciate more environmental variety, I sure hope they realize having one cave is not the only part of DA2 worth rectifying. I guess we'll see come November.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit that in this post-Destiny world, I am reluctant to get excited for new titles until they prove their worth. But I've enjoyed the previous games, even DA2 (though to a lesser extent, mainly liked that it was one of the first games to make a mage feel powerful in a long time). I am optimistic, at least.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FREAKING GAME.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: How is the keep? Are you allowed to talk about it at all?