• 57 results
#1 Edited by zoozilla (984 posts) -

The announcer, the amazing bullet points, the editing....

I could almost imagine Jeff reading the lines. It's like Giant Bomb was somehow contracted to make this trailer.

It's so good.

#2 Edited by Snail (8662 posts) -

Four player battles sound like a great idea.

If this ends up being another good Dragon Ball Z game that would be great. If this ends up actually being an ultimate Dragon Ball Z game by current-gen standards like the trailer kinda makes it out to be that would be a-mazing.

But then it's also easy to see how so many of those great ideas could be poorly/booringly implemented.

Let's hope for the best.

#3 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4822 posts) -

Yes. Just....yes.

#4 Edited by Petiew (1361 posts) -

The voice over guy got me pretty hyped up. Then I realised it'll probably just be one of the many DBZ games that play like shit.

#5 Posted by BigJeffrey (5185 posts) -

Yup always wear my goku costume while playing or watching DBZ

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

With a game as camp as this, you'd expect Adam West to narrate the trailer.

#7 Posted by TranceQuina (150 posts) -

HE'S ENORMOUS!

Gold.

#8 Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum (366 posts) -

I'd like that guy to narrate literally every trailer ever made.

#9 Posted by Nonused (222 posts) -

Super Saiyan GOD? That's not canon.

#10 Edited by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

All of the new animation they make for these games just makes me wish they'd re-do the whole series like that.

also I'm like 99% sure that's Vegeta's VA narrating that. There are just a couple points where it sounds a lot like him. Amazing. He should narrate all the stuff ever.

#11 Posted by gokaired (570 posts) -

Wow, i want this game badly, and it looks like Tenchaichi 3 controls too. :)

#12 Posted by Petiew (1361 posts) -

@nonused said:

Super Saiyan GOD? That's not canon.

It is actually. Gohan also gets drunk and deflects a bullet into his wife.

#13 Edited by peritus (1071 posts) -

I loved DBZ back in the day but i don't recognise half of the stuff in there. Did i somehow end up missing a few seasons? or is this just new stuff?

#14 Edited by FLStyle (4923 posts) -

@zoozilla: That announcer is totally the Vegeta and Piccolo voice actor, he's awesome.

So now that Battle of Gods exists, they and we're all just going to pretend that GT never happened? I'm OK with that. Unless they sneak GT characters in and have SSJ4 Goku go up against SSJG Goku. If not now then in the inevitable sequel.

#15 Posted by gokaired (570 posts) -

@peritus: some is new the rest are movies or OVA

#16 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

@flstyle said:

@zoozilla: That announcer is totally the Vegeta and Piccolo voice actor, he's awesome.

So now that Battle of Gods exists, they and we're all just going to pretend that GT never happened? I'm OK with that. Unless they sneak GT characters in and have SSJ4 Goku go up against SSJG Goku. If not now then in the inevitable sequel.

I think someone at some point mentioned the possibility of GT being an alternate universe or some shit. I don't remember if it was Toriyama himself or what. I'm super okay with ignoring GT, though.

#17 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

the game still looks like shit though

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6002 posts) -

Christopher Sabat is just a great voice actor all around. He definitely had a "Gerstmann-like" quality in this trailer.

#19 Posted by Eidderf (507 posts) -

I quite liked the Burst Limit DBZ game, it was pretty simple and characters felt relatively interchangeable in a way but it was over the top enough to make it quite fun. I played the demos of the games that came after that and wasn't really keen on them though to be honest, the open areas and destructible environments were fun but I couldn't really get a hang of how they played.

I hope this is a little more simplistic in a way like Burst Limit, I come to DBZ for it's big dumb spectacle moments not some complex fighting system (though perhaps I'm in the minority here)

#20 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2405 posts) -

I CALL GOTEN.

#21 Posted by Akyho (1698 posts) -

HUUAAAGHH!!! Sorry....I had to throw up....oh I mean I loved it all....but one...thing ruined...pre order now...for gokus Naruto costume.......

I am interested. I have bought and played pretty much every other DBZ game since 2002 this is now a must among them.

#22 Posted by JamesJeux007 (503 posts) -

Everything about this trailer is amazing. EVERYTHING !

Hold on, if I pre-order, I get a Naruto costume ? FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !

#23 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1821 posts) -

So it's DBZBZ

#24 Posted by Yummylee (22571 posts) -

My last DBZ game before I finally gave 'em up was Budokai Tenkaichi 3... But man, that trailer certainly makes this new one look pretty enticing.

#25 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

@flstyle said:

IIRC, Toriyama doesn't consider GT canon or something. Why is it so bad?

But man, was that trailer amazing. I'm glad Dragonball Z continues to baffle me with its enduring popularity, just so I could see to what they have to do in order to differentiate their games. Someone, somewhere is incredibly angry about that Naruto costume on Goku and that thought alone sustains me.

#26 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

May get this for Vita.

#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11406 posts) -

I can't wait for Vinny to do a Quick Look of this game and then never think about it again because these games seem to never be as fun as the trailers make them look when they're being played by people who know what they're doing.

Or maybe this is the one! I don't know.

#28 Posted by believer258 (12203 posts) -

Man! This is fucking awesome!

"Pre-order for Goku's bonus Naruto costume!"

FUCK! That's the worst thing they could have put on the end of that. Now, let me use Yusuke Urameshi in this game, and I'd almost be glad to pre-order, responsible spending be damned.

That guy had way too much fun making this ad.

#29 Posted by believer258 (12203 posts) -

@arbitrarywater:

Someone, somewhere is incredibly angry about that Naruto costume on Goku

I should have tagged you in my reply above, but I didn't read the comments.

I'm not actually that angry about it, but it was a bit of a buzzkill.

#30 Posted by Xeiphyer (5611 posts) -

I'll uh... I'll probably get this...

#31 Edited by OrwellHuxZam (134 posts) -

Sabat needs to get his!

#32 Posted by andrew2696 (358 posts) -

Man, how did Dragon Ball Z fans go two years without a new game?

#33 Posted by Khann (2914 posts) -

I want to see someone do a gritty reboot. That would be hilarious.

#34 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

'The first all new DBZ game in over 2 years' is an amazing bullet point.

#35 Posted by afabs515 (1329 posts) -

Maybe this is the great DBZ game I've been waiting for! Fingers crossed!

#36 Posted by Epidehl (328 posts) -

Man! This is fucking awesome!

"Pre-order for Goku's bonus Naruto costume!"

FUCK! That's the worst thing they could have put on the end of that. Now, let me use Yusuke Urameshi in this game, and I'd almost be glad to pre-order, responsible spending be damned.

That guy had way too much fun making this ad.

Well, there is this:

#37 Posted by SaintOfKillers (66 posts) -

Now i'm sad because there won't be anymore Vinny/Ryan quick looks of really terrible/good DBZ games.

#38 Posted by Flappy (2354 posts) -

Looks like another bad DBZ game.

P.S. Fuck Bills.

#39 Edited by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

That NAruto plug at the end killed it all for me. Naruto and DBZ should never interconnect, even at that lvl. Naruto is the biggest turd in the anime world. IT's an insult.

#40 Edited by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

What's this? NO WAY!!
This might be the best trailer ever created

Has it really been two years without a DBZ game now? Really?

#41 Posted by peritus (1071 posts) -

@gokaired: That would explain it, i've never seen any of the movies.

#42 Edited by FLStyle (4923 posts) -

@flstyle said:

But man, was that trailer amazing. I'm glad Dragonball Z continues to baffle me with its enduring popularity, just so I could see to what they have to do in order to differentiate their games. Someone, somewhere is incredibly angry about that Naruto costume on Goku and that thought alone sustains me.

• Contradictions, plot-holes and bad logic
  • GT isn't based on the original manga and therefore are written by people other than Toriyama
  • Changes to existing characters that people don't like
  • New characters that people don't like
  • Everyone other than Goku and Vegeta have been demoted to weaklings
#43 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

This'll probably play like garbage

#44 Posted by Sanj (2541 posts) -

@flstyle said:

@arbitrarywater said:

@flstyle said:

• Contradictions, plot-holes and bad logic
  • GT isn't based on the original manga and therefore are written by people other than Toriyama
  • Changes to existing characters that people don't like
  • New characters that people don't like
  • Everyone other than Goku and Vegeta have been demoted to weaklings

Vegeta in DBZ

Vegeta in DBGT

Need I say anymore.

#45 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

@sanj: The only interest I have in DB is to watch Vinny play it, but I think that bottom picture just changed my mind. It's glorious.

#46 Posted by Flappy (2354 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

That NAruto plug at the end killed it all for me. Naruto and DBZ should never interconnect, even at that lvl. Naruto is the biggest turd in the anime world. IT's an insult.

I'm not the biggest Naruto fan in the world (read it out of habit more than anything else), but I think that Bleach is more of a turd. Of the Big 3, Bleach has squandered the most potential.

#47 Posted by PhilESkyline (784 posts) -

So they basically took the last DBZ game and combined it with the gameplay of DBZ Legends from PS1 and Sega Saturn...I would rather have a real DBZ RPG game where you character develops and is able to explore planets and train to prepare for battles.

#48 Posted by DarthOrange (3906 posts) -

Cross-play? If so I will gladly buy it for twice on Vita and PS3.

#49 Posted by Budwyzer (635 posts) -

All of the new animation they make for these games just makes me wish they'd re-do the whole series like that.

also I'm like 99% sure that's Vegeta's VA narrating that. There are just a couple points where it sounds a lot like him. Amazing. He should narrate all the stuff ever.

Sounds more like Yamcha to me. :P

#50 Posted by crithon (3451 posts) -

any comment I would make would be just a troll comment, because when I was around 1990 I saw a Toriyama art book and always felt DBZ never looked up to par with it. Give me whimsey any day.