#1 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

So I watched the quick look and got a huge rush of memories of playing arcade games. Sadly this game is not on Xbox so can anyone recommend games like it? The side scrolling sort of beat em up with loot?

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (36000 posts) -

Princess Crown? It's like Dragon's Crown, but with Princess.

#3 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

Rapelay.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Princess Crown? It's like Dragon's Crown, but with Princess.

My Saturn is in my storage unit most likely in the way way back. And I meant on 360 lol.

#5 Edited by Ares42 (2573 posts) -

At first when I watched the QL I thought it looked very much like Dust: An Elysian Tale , obviously not the art style but the gameplay. After watching the whole thing though they aren't quite that equal, but I'd still say they're pretty similar.

#6 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1590 posts) -

Charlie Murder comes out in a couple weeks. Not sure how deep it'll be, but it's definitely a brawler with loot.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Yeah, I think Charlie Murder would be your best be also Dishwasher Samurai is decent as well. Double Dragon Neon... uh.... I'm sure there are others too.

#8 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -
#9 Posted by xyzygy (9892 posts) -

There is Scott Pilgrim vs. The World which is a pretty amazing game. Also coming out is Charlie Murder and the new TMNT. And Castle Crashers.

#10 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

Guardian Heroes, which recently had an XBLA release (and a quick look).

No joke, they are VERY similar, and some would call it a classic.

#11 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

They where talking about it might come to 360 (Dragons crown) I could hope.

#12 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@milkman said:

Rapelay.

Now, now. Let's not shit up this thread.

#13 Posted by SunBroZak (1016 posts) -
@milkman said:

Rapelay.

Scott Pilgrim Vs the World would be my first guess. Very different aesthetic, and less focus on loot, but it has your typical beat 'em up gameplay. Sacred Citadel would be another, though I've heard mixed things about that one.

#14 Posted by SeanCoughing (261 posts) -

@psylah: would you happen to know if anyone still plays this online? I remember being interested in the crazy fight mode they tried in the QL.

#15 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

It is very similar to the Dungeons & Dragons Collection that just came out along with Guardian Heroes which are all great games even today. It has probably more in common with Guardians Heroes with a few more levels or RPG and item mechanics put of top of it.

#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It is very similar to the Dungeons & Dragons Collection that just came out along with Guardian Heroes which are all great games even today. It has probably more in common with Guardians Heroes with a few more levels or RPG and item mechanics put of top of it.

Two best friends did a play though of Dungeons and dragons. It looked real cool.

#17 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

Two best friends did a play though of Dungeons and dragons. It looked real cool.

I will have to check that out. I have watched a bunch of their videos and must have missed that one. I have access to a Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom arcade machine but the connectors to the monitor burnt out or something and I'm not even sure if the monitor itself is working anymore. I was really excited when the collection came out recently.

#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

I will have to check that out. I have watched a bunch of their videos and must have missed that one. I have access to a Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom arcade machine but the connectors to the monitor burnt out or something and I'm not even sure if the monitor itself is working anymore. I was really excited when the collection came out recently.

Its Patt,Matt,Woolie and Liam.

#19 Edited by alanm26v5 (437 posts) -

Sacred Citadel just got added to the Humble Deep Silver Bundle, so I guess I'll check that out.

#20 Edited by falserelic (5326 posts) -

I was going to say Odin Sphere, but nevermind.

#21 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

@psylah: would you happen to know if anyone still plays this online? I remember being interested in the crazy fight mode they tried in the QL.

No clue.

#22 Posted by BBAlpert (1370 posts) -

Castle Crashers is similar in some ways, although much more streamlined/simplified.

#23 Posted by Ravelle (1188 posts) -

It doesn't have loot but Ragnarok Battle Offline by French-Bread. It's one of the best and fun side scrolling beatem ups I've played in recent years.

#24 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Final Fight

#25 Posted by Humanity (8809 posts) -

Yeah, I think Charlie Murder would be your best be also Dishwasher Samurai is decent as well. Double Dragon Neon... uh.... I'm sure there are others too.

Didn't Double Dragon Neon turn out to be surprisingly pretty good?

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@humanity said:

@demoskinos said:

Didn't Double Dragon Neon turn out to be surprisingly pretty good?

Yeah Neon is pretty alright. I personally didn't play it but its got some love around here for sure.

#27 Posted by GunstarRed (5025 posts) -

Guardian Heroes is fantastic, one of Treasure's best. It doesn't have the loot, but it has a bunch of characters, leveling and branching paths with multiple endings.

#28 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

anybody knows what happend to the old tmnt games that were on xbox live?

#29 Edited by darkvare (758 posts) -

anybody knows what happend to the old tmnt games that were on xbox live?

#30 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@darkvare: I believe they were taken down cause Konami lost the licensing when Activision bought it. I thought the Turtles in Time remake was still up though.

#31 Posted by Lifestrike (481 posts) -

@milkman said:

Rapelay.

oh fuck off with that

#32 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Pretty much any Vanillaware game.

#33 Posted by SomeJerk (3142 posts) -

1) Buy a supergun or an arcade cabinet.
2) Buy PCBs of Golden Axe 2, Night Slashers, Metamorphic Force, etc.
3) You're set.