I'm ridiculously excited for this.

• 69 results
IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma for the most part. The moment-to-moment combat and skill system are excellent. On the other hand I felt the open world was kind of useless ,except for forcing me to kill monsters and get items that I would have otherwise missed. Also I only ever got the "bad/quitter" ending since I was under leveled for the dragon. I feel like the game would've really benefit from a Demon's Souls style set up ,a hub world and areas to tackle in any order. It would have made the game flow a lot more naturally I think instead of constant sprinting past the hundreds of wolves.

I was tentatively interested but, I just watched the trailer and that might've sold me on the expansion. I'll probably wait to see what people say about this first.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_laughing_man said:

@egg0 said:

Sooo last week I almost bought the PS3 version of vanilla for $20 at Gamestop. I read up on it and there's a framerate issue with the PS3 version, so I ended up not buying it. Also read that there is screen tearing on the 360 version. Anyone know if they've addressed these issues for Dark Arisen? I really do want to buy this.

I never had screen tearing.

Ditto.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@beefygrandmole said:

I missed this last year so I'm really excited for this. Was any of the dlc released for it any good?

It was uniformly terrible DLC sad to say. Perhaps the worst DLC I've ever bought.

weak piece of junk weapons, some goofy costumes and really really really boring fetch quests.

don't let that turn you off the game though. The rest of it is great and this expansion is actually significant new content from the sounds of it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So do we know if it will have separate achievements?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm thinking not. Apparently on 360 the achievement list for Dragon's Dogma was updated to say "Dragons Dogma:DD" which is a bummer but they probably added new achievements based on the new stuff at the very least.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

I'm thinking not. Apparently on 360 the achievement list for Dragon's Dogma was updated to say "Dragons Dogma:DD" which is a bummer but they probably added new achievements based on the new stuff at the very least.

Kinda lazy of them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#57  Edited By musubi
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sounds like a pretty good value. I probably still won't get it until it's even cheaper than it already is but yeah.

As for new achievements I don't think it has any. Xbox360Achievements pretty much gets their lists as soon as they become certified and they don't have one for this game.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Sounds like a pretty good value. I probably still won't get it until it's even cheaper than it already is but yeah.

As for new achievements I don't think it has any. Xbox360Achievements pretty much gets their lists as soon as they become certified and they don't have one for this game.

Ya that sounds right. Seems like a lazy job on Capcoms part.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know guys, many Capcom re-releases usually get a seperate list of achievements from the vanilla version. Lost Planet and Lost Planet: Colonies had seperate achievent lists.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und said:

I don't know guys, many Capcom re-releases usually get a seperate list of achievements from the vanilla version. Lost Planet and Lost Planet: Colonies had seperate achievent lists.

Some people are hoping for an update later on that will add more...but it seems kinda lazy to add all that extra stuff and not even make a serpate list or even new achievements.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

a neogaf user has claimed that it took his existing DD achievements and just renamed the game they belong to. Also so far no new ones have been added.

take that for what you will.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

So is this Dragons Dogma with new content added? Or is this a whole new game?

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By SuperWristBands

original game with new content.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By Zornack

Did the original release play better on the PS3 or the 360? I'm debating which system to pick up Dark Arisen for.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SuperWristBands

@zornack said:

Did the original release play better on the PS3 or the 360? I'm debating which system to pick up Dark Arisen for.

It's said the 360 version suffered from screen tearing but quite a few in this thread have said they never experienced screen tearing. PS3 version has framerate issues. I've seen less people talk about that one but in this thread a user said it was overstated and didn't happen all that often.

Regardless it seems the better choice is the 360 version (based on the original game, of course).

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@sackmanjones said:

So this new content is spread throughout the game or what? It seems kinda strange that they wouldn't just sell this content on the psn/xbox store as well as retail copies, then again it is CAPCOM.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By myniceicelife

@superwristbands said:

@sackmanjones said:

So this new content is spread throughout the game or what? It seems kinda strange that they wouldn't just sell this content on the psn/xbox store as well as retail copies, then again it is CAPCOM.

Kevin VanOrd did a "quick look" of some of the early bits of the extra content. Seems like a new island that you can go to, but you should at least be level 50 if you are going to do the content.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=dragon039s_dogma_dark_arisen20130304

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SuperWristBands

@sackmanjones said:

@superwristbands said:

@sackmanjones said:

Seems to be a fairly isolated piece of content. It also comes with all previous DLC (which is apparently really lame DLC) edit: actually, I take that back, I'm not sure about the DLC bit. As for it being strange to sell it this way, I totally agree and I'll blame it on Capcom having a real odd bad way of handling these things.