Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I will be importing my dude who has finished the game. And I would happily take along some new player (Or low level player) Pawns to give them a try. I do not mind if they are low level due to the fact my own pawn was super geared out by the middle of my second play-though (I am assuming it does not import saves and will restart me)

So toss your gamertag (Or PSN name) here and I will look you up and take your pawn around. This of course will give them knowledge about monsters and quests as well as giving you crystals to hire pawns. I will also send back gifts (And if you want I can gear out your guys or upgrade certain items)

And please other people feel free to offer this as well. I am personally not asking for anything in return.

Please post your pawns stats (When the game comes out of course) Mostly their class and items and what ever items you might like them to have.

PSN/XBOX list

NameGamerTagPSN
The_Laughing_ManHumanXHammer
DemoskinosDemoskinos
KarkarovKarkarovKarkarov
TheHTTheHT
StarvingGamercatbond
damswedondamswedon
SuperWristBandsSuperWristBands
Solh0undSolh0und
FredchuckdaveValgresas
SIXPINSIXPIN
MesoianMesoian
MonkeyKing1969MonkeyKing1969
ChaosTonyChaosTony
darkjohnny47johnny5x47
poisonmonkeystoneygeezer
YummyleeBrianMcIrish
PatchcoatPatchcoat
NuxBAD WOULF02
HumanitysupHumanity
RabidCentipedeoulzac
El_slickSLIKKILLER33
Wampa1Foodcricket
aaronBLUEeyesaaronBLUEeyes
ArbitraryWaterArbitraryWater
BarrockBarrock
JoshthebearJoshthebear
VanderSEXXXfafaSMURF
LeSiegDJShortcake
BeefyGrandmoleBeefyGrandmole
Switchb1adeSwitchb1ade_5
Bio2hazardxLordsxHitmanx
ZealousadonisZealousadonis
QuestionableATAMOSK
outerabizOuterabi
GnorboothGnorbooth
buggrit_1979buggrit_1979
ilatrellTheTrellster1
JumbsJumboCac
bmadgerbmadger
JFunkhouserJFunkhouser
EzakaelProstormzz
kerse kerse4143
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Even though I bought the vanilla on 360 I'll be getting DD on PS3 and starting over from scratch for fun. My PSN ID is the same as my Giantbomb name.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@slag said:

@the_laughing_man:

wikia makes it sounds like it does import saves

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data

pretty generous offer on your part, hopefully new players see this.

I kinda hope it restart me. Maybe I can just hit new game plus and go with it. Any word if the achievements are separate?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@the_laughing_man:

For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data

I kinda hope it restart me. Maybe I can just hit new game plus and go with it. Any word if the achievements are separate?

I'd assume so. Super Street fighter got its own achievement list didn't it?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@slag said:

@the_laughing_man:

I'd assume so. Super Street fighter got its own achievement list didn't it?

Well again I will happily offer to take along any ones pawns

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Slag

@the_laughing_man said:

@slag said:

@the_laughing_man:

That I don't know.

They've been calling it an expansion, so I'd be inclined to think no. Maybe some new ones, ala DLC style. But as @demoskinos pointed Super Street Fighter IV had its' own so who knows?

I don't know where you are in second playthough, but I bet you could power through it pretty quickly if need be for a new new game plus. I burned out somewhere in the middle of my second trip, but it did seem so so much faster. Especially if they have overhauled the fast travel system as rumored.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You can import your saves, so you don't have to "start over" unless you want to. I am thinking of starting over on PS3 though to do it all from scratch with Dark Arisen. Anyone wants to throw me an invite for this stuff my PSN and Xbox for that matter are the same as my username. Why don't you edit the OP to include a list of PSN ID's/Gamertag's down for this @the_laughing_man?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

You can import your saves, so you don't have to "start over" unless you want to. I am thinking of starting over on PS3 though to do it all from scratch with Dark Arisen. Anyone wants to throw me an invite for this stuff my PSN and Xbox for that matter are the same as my username. Why don't you edit the OP to include a list of PSN ID's/Gamertag's down for this @the_laughing_man?

Sure. As soon as we get some. And ya I might import my guy and start to story over.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

My PSN is catbond. I will be picking this up for sure.

As someone who didn't play Dragon's Dogma, I'm wondering if it would be worth dropping $15 on the original for the 100,000 Rift crystals, unlimited Ferrystones, and the Gransys Armour Pack.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sure, that would be cool! I skipped Dragon's Dogma when it came out, partially because I had other stuff to play and partially because I was holding out for a PC version. While I wouldn't put it past Capcom to re-re-release it on the PC down the line, I'm itchin to play it now.

PSN: TheHT

If you get that list going, I'll probably call on folks' pawns as well. I can't promise it'll come back with any sweet items, but I can promise it won't come back with trash items.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer:

Rift crystals -heck no, make a lady pawn and you'll get enough of those for free

Gransys Armor Pack- maybe? probably not.

Ferrystones - How much do you like limited Fast travel? There be lots of walking in this game and that's about the only way to fast travel. Basically all they are is a one way town portal until you get portecrystals (which at least originally was post game). Ferrystones aren't prohibitively expensive in game although you don't get access to them for I want to say 5-10 hours in?

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing this. Wish I would have waited but I thought this just another expansion pack, didn't know it was a re release. Maybe there will be a deal ps+ member hopefully. Like if you already bought the game, you can get a discount or something. Anyway, psn is gogosox82. I try to give good items and good recommendations and such.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: Thanks.

Mmm, I might do it anyways. Honestly I just want to mess around with the character creator. I remember it was pretty awesome in the demo.

Whether or not I heed it, I appreciate the advice.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer:

sure man, anytime.

the character creator is pretty great. I played around with that a couple hours, just seeing what I could do. I actually used my Arisen I made in the demo and imported her over, so if you if still have yours you can as well.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer

@slag: Do you think the demo character would also carry over to Dark Arisen? I'm not so sure they would have been that thoughtful but hey, maybe. I'd want to remake her anyways but that would be a cheaper option to be sure.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As someone who loved Dragon's Dogma far more than it deserved, I'm probably going to pick this up and continue my NG+ playthrough.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer:

I don't know with 100% certainty

but I would hope and suspect it would, since my Arisen was made in the demo and then imported into regular Dragon's dogma. Surely I can't be the only who did that. They claim everyone's arisen will be importable from the original game which hopefully includes demo made ones.

Dark Arisen basically sounds like some new things, tweaks plus one new area, but on the whole not too different from the original game. so I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think it basically is the same game + stuff.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The list has been updated.

I kinda hope the game will just let me restart my new game plus. I have no idea where I last left off.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

PSN damswedon

I've got a mid 40's Sorcerer who is big on the drop your framerate down to the single digits spells.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll be picking up Dark Arisen when it releases so...

PSN: SuperWristBands

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@starvinggamer:

I don't know with 100% certainty

but I would hope and suspect it would, since my Arisen was made in the demo and then imported into regular Dragon's dogma. Surely I can't be the only who did that. They claim everyone's arisen will be importable from the original game which hopefully includes demo made ones.

Dark Arisen basically sounds like some new things, tweaks plus one new area, but on the whole not too different from the original game. so I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think it basically is the same game + stuff.

Exactly. I suspect the demo will import just fine, it is literally the same game just with a new area and all that entails and some tweaks. The only thing is Dark Arisen also comes with all the DLC up to this point. So you will get access to some things in the character creator that aren't in the demo. You know, hair styles and stuff. Fortunately it isn't really that hard to change a good portion of your appearance in game and eventually you unlock the ability to do a full character edit much later in the game.

Meanwhile I think Dragon's Dogma has the best character creator I have personally ever seen. It is very rare to find two pawns that actually look alike, the most I have seen is similar but clearly different.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DAMMIT, why do game companies release newer, better versions of games that I bought and want to play but haven't gotten around to yet?!?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slag

@karkarov said:

Meanwhile I think Dragon's Dogma has the best character creator I have personally ever seen. It is very rare to find two pawns that actually look alike, the most I have seen is similar but clearly different.

agree 100%. The creator is really addictive, I've probably spent more hours in that thing than I do in some entire games.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My lady pawn needs some lovin'

That and I only played about 15 hrs of the first game...

Gamertag: Solh0und

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'm playing regular Dragon's Dogma, unlikely to pick up the expansion but I'm reasonably sure that won't affect pawn transferring; I'm level 54 at present. PSN is Valgresas, pawn is a short fat midget archer/stabber (main character is a giant)

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

List updated. Also how did this get to general?

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Xbox Gamertag: SIXPIN

I've got a decently leveled Pawn from the vanilla version of the game. I stopped playing about half way in, but I plan on picking it back up after Dark Arisen comes out.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By monkeyking1969

I'm currently on my 3rd playthrough of DD on PS3. I currently have a 94 lvl pawn Mage, and will be playing DD Dark Arisen. Anyone can hit me up, or tell me your name if you want me to drag your pawn around for more experience. I tend to re-armor/dress the pawns I pick up so you will typically end up with some good loot rather than just one 'trinket or gewgaw'.

PSN= MonkeyKing1969

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

I'm down for this. I'm planning on making a Let's Play of Dark Arisen, so feel free to hit up my pawn, who should be around lvl 67 at this point.

GT: Mesoian.

::Sigh:: I wish there was a PC version of this.

ChaosTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely getting it, loved Dragon's Dogma but didn't have time to give it the respect it deserved.

GT: ChaosTony

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

List updated. I plan to restart the game and import a brand new dude.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

BrianMcIrish <-- be me... I've decided to buy this since it's only like £14 for me with my shopto credit, and... there are elements of this game that I still really enjoy, so I'm down to play through a version with some of the crinkles ironed out alongside what looks to be a wealth of additional content at that.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the the point where I got my pawn. Level 2 fighter as of right now.

Anyone else in here (on PSN) who have low level pawns?

I tried a few of the PSN IDs in here and either didn't find anything (I'm playing mid-afternoon on release day so I assume more will have pawns in a bit) or people's pawns cost so much rift... crystals? I summoned a pawn that needed like 40k (or was it 400k?) and I have 400...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay well Ill be starting tonight. I think I've settled on naming my pawn Momiji after Momiji from Ninja Gaiden. She will most likely be a Strider. Keep an eye out for her. :)

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By darkjohnny47

Would love to be on the list. will be playing later tonite.

gamertag: johnny5x47

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By poisonmonkey

Great idea duder.

I have a pawn from the original game but will be picking up D.A when its released in the UK on Friday to continue. She is only level 20 and a Mage so needs all the help she can get!!

Xbox Gamertag: stoneygeezer

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, fuck, getting your pawn online is way too complicated. Anyways, I guess I should start adding people now since I just found out your friends' pawns are free? My low-level Nun Warrior is out there now so enjoy.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Ok, fuck, getting your pawn online is way too complicated. Anyways, I guess I should start adding people now since I just found out your friends' pawns are free? My low-level Nun Warrior is out there now so enjoy.

How is it complicated?

@yummylee said:

BrianMcIrish <-- be me... I've decided to buy this since it's only like £14 for me with my shopto credit, and... there are elements of this game that I still really enjoy, so I'm down to play through a version with some of the crinkles ironed out alongside what looks to be a wealth of additional content at that.

PSN? Xbox?

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SuperWristBands

@starvinggamer said:

Ok, fuck, getting your pawn online is way too complicated.

Is it not automatic after getting your pawn?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: pretty sure all you have to do is set to share or on or something like that in game options, man.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StarvingGamer

@the_laughing_man: @superwristbands: @slag: Oh, I thought I had to do it through the Pawn Community or whatever. Take a screenshot. Go make an account. Have the in-game browser crash. Go on your PC. Get some verification e-mail. Log in again. Bullshit. It took like 10 minutes.

I wish I knew there was an easier way to do it sooner o_O

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: oh yeah. I went to that option and said "fuck that" immediately as it opened up the browser and closed it.

I'm rollin' around with your pawn. She got drop kicked by a 20 ft tall troll and walked it off. I assume this is useful knowledge for a pawn. "How to avoid drop kicks in the future". You're welcome.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: good thing you said mentioned it here then. :)

Yeah the whole in-game browser things is a pretty busted POS experience But that's only just a "look at my pawn" photo sharing thing AFAIK.

not sure where you are in the campaign, but you should be able to borrow and have your pawn borrowed pretty early once you are done with the initial pawn the game gives you. That can be as early as 30 minutes in or 5 hours depending on how you play.

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: Just a heads up. I'm near the end of Double D proper (slowly been working my way through the game since its release), and plan on playing Arisen within a month of its release. PSN: Patchcoat

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

This looks like a thread for CRAZY PEOPLE when it's not attached to the correct forum.

Pawn recruiting indeed.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: Lol, thanks

This looks like a thread for CRAZY PEOPLE when it's not attached to the correct forum.

Pawn recruiting indeed.

@the_laughing_man: Sometimes when you edit an OP on the new site it resets back to General. If you do a full edit you can put it back in the right place.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to start fresh on psn but if any of you dudes want a super powered warrior type add me on 360. My pawn there is around level 115-120 or so and has basically end game stuff from normal dogma. Should be more than capable of helping out in anything you need.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By Nux

Sure, take my Pawn. My 360 gamertag is BAD WOLF02. She is pretty low level as I haven't played in quite sometime but enjoy.