#1 Posted by Lamashtu (254 posts) -

It's something I can't really put my finger on. Is it because every time he manages to come up with a new skill or event in his life that blows us away (learning to fly a fighter jet, going to North Korea)? Or is he just a plain 'ol affable guy?

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

I feel like this could get super creepy real quick.

Because the obvious answer is his intoxicating aroma and Samsonian locks.

#3 Posted by MentalDisruption (1632 posts) -

I think he's awesome because he has a likable personality, and he adds quality input to whatever content he's in. Plus, he seems to know how to get a lot out of life with all the skills and stuff he gets into. That's a trait I can admire.

#4 Posted by colorbrandon (164 posts) -

He is young, relatable, and has a can-do, adventurer's spirit. Very strong stress on the young.

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11990 posts) -

His beautiful eyes.

#6 Posted by Nardak (494 posts) -

I just think that Drew is actually a spy and Giant Bomb is just the cover for his activities around the world. The trip to North Korea was actually a mission to destroy the nuclear program of North Korea.

Seriously speaking I just think that people like Drew because the guy dedicates himself to learning simulation based games like few other people do. Making your own manuals is something that not many people have the patience for.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Horse pheromones.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

The blonde hair? The eyes? The manly stances? There's all kinds of reasons.

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6kvTVzCYAAcfe6.jpg

#10 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

I dont love Drew

#11 Edited by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

@alekss said:

I dont love Drew

Get out, apostate!

#12 Posted by Encephalon (1259 posts) -

The same reason everyone loves Vinny, I imagine - Drew's so pleasant and easygoing that he's managed not to express a single opinion that's abrasive to anyone. It helps that his appearances are so scarce.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (11927 posts) -

@alekss said:

I dont love Drew

Stage one - denial.

#14 Edited by Vuud (1989 posts) -

I think creating such a realistic android is a great accomplishment for science, that's why I'm a fan. I just hope his brother Lore doesn't show up.

#15 Edited by believer258 (11895 posts) -

He looks like what most of us probably want to look like and he does some cool and interesting things with a personality that isn't overt, but is nonetheless interesting. And he does it all so effortlessly. I mean, he's the only guy who makes that one camera angle at the PC during Unprofessional Fridays look like it was a good idea.

#16 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

Dat posture

#17 Edited by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

The same reason everyone loves Vinny, I imagine - Drew's so pleasant and easygoing that he's managed not to express a single opinion that's abrasive to anyone. It helps that his appearances are so scarce.

I'm not sure that's quite true in Vinny's case. He has said plenty to rub people the wrong way. He just accompanies those comments with a level of frivolity that makes you forgive most any misgiving.

#18 Edited by DarthOrange (3860 posts) -
#19 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -
#20 Edited by Milkman (16779 posts) -

His boyish good looks.

#21 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Dude sets his mind on something and does it. Seems hard working, isn't abrasive or dismissive of others.

#22 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

He's a pretty wholesomely fun guy

#23 Edited by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

He's a man's man.

#24 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Drew is the last true gentleman.

#25 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

Drew is the last true gentleman.

In a world that has moved on.

#26 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

Hot, smart and he does everything he wants at the best of his ability. We are all just extremely jealous to the point of loooooooove.

Also gotta love when someone can show up fairly rarely and say kind of not a lot. But still leave one of the biggest impressions. It's kind of a magical skill.

#27 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1971 posts) -

He's really talented but he's never a dick about it, or falsely humble, he just owns it. And he's really kind and polite, and now I realise I have a man crush on Drew. :/

#28 Edited by Blackout62 (1340 posts) -

He's the only bang on my Giantbomb Marry, Bang, Kill list.

Marry: Vinny, Brad, Patrick, Rorie

Bang: Drew

Kill: Jeff, Ryan, probably Alex

#29 Posted by NoelVeiga (1099 posts) -

@alekss said:

I dont love Drew

I don't love Drew either.

I don't hate him. I don't dislike him. Drew is alright. He's just not more interesting than anybody else on the site when he does content. If anything, while I bet his focus on really slow paced games and flight simulators is extremely entertaining to him, I find those videos to often be... unremarkable, except for everybody else freaking out around him about random stuff.

I always assumed that people loved Drew around here due to a mix of hardcore gaming and PC master race stuff. That made sense to me, because Drew seems to legitimately enjoy stuff that a lot of other people say they enjoy, but secretly don't, which makes his stuff a more entertaining way to engage with those things. I guess I was wrong and it's all about his dashing good looks.

Also, Drew looks like this guy:

#30 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
Pheromones. DX:HR-style.