Calling All Duders

brslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just picked up the game now that it seems to be complete and working. Love it! Created a new club called Duders if anyone wants to join.

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I joined you. Picked it up the on sale today, and yeah, seems really good so far.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders, finally bit the bullet and picked the game up, I joined your club hope you don't mind

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joined. My PSN is NMeck702

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I shall join too when I get home from work.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By fattony12000

I picked up a copy too...

No Caption Provided

PSN is the same as my name here!

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fattony12000 Totally join us, this game's actually kinda all-right. I know, glowing recommendation right.

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got this this game, when it was on sale on PSN last week and i'm surprised how good it is. When it came out everyone made it sound like a flaming hot mess, but i have enjoyed it a lot.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By burgavo

@fierrze: To be fair at launch I think it pretty much was a smouldering tyre fire, at least as far as the servers went, and they launched without the dynamic weather stuff. On the other hand people who were never going to spend any money on the game acting pissy and entiteled that the "free" version isn't live yet kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Not sure if I would have picked it up full price, but I really really needed a racing game on current gen consoles so it was either this or the crew and this seemed the more apealing choice to me.

All that said, I'm having a pretty good time with the game and am getting into the online challenge stuff. Haven't tried any actual online races yet though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@fattony12000:

oh wow. That is an extremely nice box.

Je le veux! Give to me, now.

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo: Yeah that's true. They have fixed and added a lot of stuff to the game after release, like the online component actually works now. When the game released and i heard what Jeff and other people thought about it, i though there were something fundamentally wrong with the game, not just server issues and some other minor things. Decided to take a chance and buy the game and i was really surprised how fun it was, now that it works as intended on online side too.

I understand why they delayed the PS Plus edition, but don't why some gamers feel so untitled to receive compensation for a free demo thing they were promised. At least Evolution is working to bring the game up to speed for the people that bought it, before giving out free tasters for plus members.

I have played couple of races online and it has been uneven. Some races were fine, but some have been like the game was named #BumperCarsClub. So basically it depends on your opponents. Mostly have been sticking to challenges, because they can be really addictive.

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, these club challenges are rough. And very addictive! We should try some multiplayer some time. They have added time trial multiplayer with the latest patch, its like trackmania, you race against ghosts and try to set the best time within a timelimit. So no bumper cars!

Which camera mode do you guys prefer? I mostly use hood cam, would probably use dash cam if the engine sound wasnt so muted. Hope they add some sound options to adress that.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By burgavo

Yeah the challenges can be pretty adictive, I did do some online races and had mixed results, in some of them people will actually try to leave you space and not slam into you to take your position, in others it was more like bumpercars with people activly trying to push you into the barriers. The online time trials are pretty cool but a little too short for me personally, it usually takes me a couple of minutes/laps to get dialed in to the track and the car.

On the whole I'm pretty happy with the game although I do wish they had some more well known actual race tracks in the game, and the car selection is a bit limited, but that's just me.

I'm pretty bummed right now cause I haven't been able to play all week cause my TV is out for repairs and the warranty repair service managed to lose my TV in their system.

Edit: Also I have had that lady singing "How fast do you want to go" stuck in my head for a couple of days now, wich makes me want to play even more...

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo: Ugh bummer about your tv :(. You're still top on that caterham challange, I must have done like 50 laps yesterday but no dice. That's some fine ass driving!

The online has been very janky over the weekend, so i've mostly been doing solo tour stuff. Got the season pass with that psn discount last week, and I have to say the dlc tours are pretty challenging. Particulary the last 3 tours with the weather implemented. Driving hypercars on wet roads, at night, in a snowstorm. Tricky.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yo duders, just submitted a join request, pan is patchingko. So far game is half decent, definitely gorgeous and a decent arcade racer to boot. I'm not great at it but the challenges so far are pretty good.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sent a request to join (name is belisarius86), I hope you guys have room for me!

Avatar image for onceuponamonkey
onceuponamonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Request sent: knottyboy24. Cheers.