#1 Posted by Bucklebutt (41 posts) -

Yes, yes.. the game is in early access but it is very polished and could probably pass as a full game. It is a hybrid tower defense/ rougelike rpg similar to FTL. In DotE you start with 2 characters at your crashed ship/power crystal where you are faced with a door.. that opens into other doors wooooo!! Each time a door is opened a random event occurs, similar to traveling to a new planet in FTL. Where it differs from FTL is the turret defense aspect, you must protect your power crystal and carry it to the next floor. There is a pretty good chance that opening a door will cause a wave of enemies to come after you and your crystal so you must power rooms and equip them with turrets and modules to protect yourself.

^Pretty terrible explanation.. just check it out! It's under 10$ on steam, I've already racked up 50h+ and still have plenty of characters to unlock and still haven't made it to the 8th floor(current last floor)

#2 Posted by BillyMaysRIP (189 posts) -

If you're so hooked, you should edit the wiki ;) It's a little barren right now.

#3 Posted by Bucklebutt (41 posts) -

hmm not a bad idea :)

#4 Posted by Rowr (5710 posts) -

Just watched the trailer on steam. This does look pretty rad actually.

#5 Posted by Zalrus9 (111 posts) -

Do you all know when this comes out for the mac? I bought the founder pack (mainly to get the vaulters for Endless space), and it's been a while, but no mac build yet. I wonder what's up...

#6 Edited by Bucklebutt (41 posts) -

@zalrus9 said:

Do you all know when this comes out for the mac? I bought the founder pack (mainly to get the vaulters for Endless space), and it's been a while, but no mac build yet. I wonder what's up...

Sorry, I have no clue.