• 189 results
#51 Edited by Silver-Streak (1363 posts) -

Submitted my Application, apparently I have a few million spare skill points from leaving my beta character idle for months.

#52 Edited by Sterling (2323 posts) -

So what are the current benefits of being in a corp? I don't play regular hours, so chances of me being on line when most of you are is probably going to be pretty slim. So just wondering besides having a large pool of people to team up with, what else can we do not with or for our corp? It doesn't appear we are earning anything, so not sure.

#53 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

App submitted, soldier JJ Hunsecker reporting for duty. Will be on in an hour or two.

#54 Posted by Spicy_revofdc (2 posts) -

Sent my app in tonight and played a little as a merc. I can see the fun but definitely think this will be more fun in a corp.

#55 Posted by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

Hope the fights have been good today. I'll be jumping on for about an hour here to get new apps approved and maybe get a battle or two in.

Would it be fine to send join the corp with 2 other characters later on when there's more slots open?

Yeah, that'll be no problem. Once I get this base training out of the way on my alt, I'll be able to add more slot at the rate of 50 per skill level, so space won't be an issue after that. I'll post on here when they open up!

So what are the current benefits of being in a corp? I don't play regular hours, so chances of me being on line when most of you are is probably going to be pretty slim. So just wondering besides having a large pool of people to team up with, what else can we do not with or for our corp? It doesn't appear we are earning anything, so not sure.

Much like EVE Online, DUST 514 is pushing to be a 'social game.' So, for now, that's the main benefit of being in a corp. Once we have some people that can orchestrate some district attacks, the other aspect will be being able to take part in these battles and helping to hold control over these points. CCP is working to add more and more into this game, so down the line things will only get better and more varied. Joining now just means you'll already have a home and group to partake in these activities in.

As such, your view is completely valid. I will say that every time I jump on, even at 1a, PDT to check apps, there are at least 4 or 5 people on that you might be able to group up with. At the same time, there's no real 'harm' in joining a corp. Unlike EVE, wardecs mean nothing to us, so there's no chance of it negatively affecting your gameplay.

Hope this helps give you a clearer view, at the very least. Best of luck to ya'!

#56 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

Thanks for the info Mr CEO! I'll keep playing a few matches a day and building up my character so when they update the game with something for us to war over I will be ready. Been having fun so far. Pretty fun game. And I will now be looking forward to them implementing more things for us to do.

#57 Edited by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

@rabidcentipede: No problem, man. If you have any other questions or suggestions, there's a ton of ways to get my attention now listed in the original post.

All new apps have been accepted leaving us with about 45 open slots!

#58 Posted by yakov456 (1908 posts) -

When in game is there any quick way to see if a squad is recruiting? Sometimes I'm in a random game but would leave if a notification popped up about joining my corp teammates in battle.

#59 Edited by TheDigitalistic (71 posts) -

@yakov456 said:

When in game is there any quick way to see if a squad is recruiting? Sometimes I'm in a random game but would leave if a notification popped up about joining my corp teammates in battle.

You can press select/T to bring up the social menu, and if the top tab is blinking, you've got a notification.

Of course, doing that mid-battle is a bit of a pain in the ass, and you'd have to find a place to hide while you do it.

#60 Edited by yakov456 (1908 posts) -
#61 Edited by KirillOrlov (225 posts) -

D/L'ing the updates hope to send out a app in the next few hours. Can't wait to help.

#62 Edited by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

@mr_creeper said:

@shiro2809 said:

Would it be fine to send join the corp with 2 other characters later on when there's more slots open?

Yeah, that'll be no problem. Once I get this base training out of the way on my alt, I'll be able to add more slot at the rate of 50 per skill level, so space won't be an issue after that. I'll post on here when they open up!

I'll be adding my other two in the future then, most likely! The one that joined I'm working on making a logistic/support medic basically, and nanite injectors are a tad broken currently so it's not to reliable =/

Doesn't help that I need a shit-ton of SP to get the equip that I need, along with a dropsuit with the necessary equip slots.

#63 Edited by TheDigitalistic (71 posts) -

@shiro2809: I was looking at skills for logistics suits last night, and holy shit, suit command is expensive. To get level 5 medium suits (necessary for logistics), it takes almost 3 million ISK.

Using just passive SP gain, that's almost 4 months. :(

#64 Edited by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

@shiro2809: I was looking at skills for logistics suits last night, and holy shit, suit command is expensive. To get level 5 medium suits (necessary for logistics), it takes almost 3 million ISK.

Using just passive SP gain, that's almost 4 months. :(

Working on it, slowly but surely. Just got out of the Academy on this character, and I still need 2 levels to my Medium dropsuit skill for the logistics suit, next level is 522k sp and I'm down on 21...might head to get repair tool and other support equip first as I'm still just rocking the default milita fittings...really tempted to get a PSN card just to get an SP boost.

Rolling in the isk though! I've already bought the suits I'll be using, including proto, and some equipment/weapons. Decided to keep passive SP on this character even while playing her.

#65 Edited by Sterling (2323 posts) -

@shiro2809: What do you mean you "just got out of the Academy" ? I thought that was just for quick matches for those not in teams? Or I am missing something with this?

Also, just played some games with some fellow duders. Good experience. Great guys (or gals if there were any). Looking forward to more.

#66 Edited by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

@rabidcentipede: The Academy is for new players so they don't get thrown in people with a lot of SP and high end gear, like the proto suits. You stay in the academy until you get 10k War Points and then you can start choosing which types of matches you want (Ambush, Skirmish, or Domination I believe). The Academy is just Ambush and Skirmish I believe, and it's random on which one it will choose.

People are asking for the required amount of WP to be raised though, as you get out of it quite quickly and you wouldn't have much SP at all. Without using the passive SP I'm still under 600k, when you start with 500k, and because I'm going towards full Logi/support I'm still running the standard militia gear, even though I already have most of my equipment bought.

If you were one of the people playing earlier, then yes it was fun! I wasn't doing that good though, it felt like.

#67 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

@shiro2809: I did not know that, I guess I need to play more of those games then.

And yeah, I am vendrix zallimdra.

#68 Edited by TheDigitalistic (71 posts) -

Yeah, we should probably get a list of names going on.

I'm Kaelon Demiteth.

#69 Posted by yakov456 (1908 posts) -

Yakov Fargo here.

#70 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

JJ Hunsecker here.

#71 Edited by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

@rabidcentipede said:

@shiro2809: I did not know that, I guess I need to play more of those games then.

And yeah, I am vendrix zallimdra.

Mariya Martell (ASOIAF <3), and when more slots open I'll probably be adding my MLP Shiro who's a heavy (Heavy armour + HMG) and Allison2809 (beta character, gonna be standard assault).

If you're in a squad you can hit up the standard playlists still, not to sure about squad leader but I'm assuming you could use the default ones earlier?

EDIT: random edit! deleted my heavy (re-made with same name though) and my original beta character soo yeh.

#72 Posted by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

We're sitting at 188 total members as of this posting. That leaves up with 12 open slots until I this alt gets his skill training done. I seriously did not expect us to pull in this many duders. Fucking awesome. New people are free to send apps, and I'll hang onto them and approve them as soon as the cap is raised. Should only be a couple more days.

I'll be adding my other two in the future then, most likely!

I believe I got your apps, so I'll stash those away until we move that cap up to 250. Thanks, broski.

Of course, you guys can find my character names in the original post.

#73 Edited by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

Nah, I haven't sent in apps for those 2 yet, waiting for you to level up the corp so more people can get in. I'm quite surprised that the corp got so many new members so fast, weren't there only 120 something yesterday?

@shiro2809 said:

I'll be adding my other two in the future then, most likely!

I believe I got your apps, so I'll stash those away until we move that cap up to 250. Thanks, broski.

Of course, you guys can find my character names in the original post.

#74 Edited by Sterling (2323 posts) -

I also noticed when searching for Kite to join the corp, the EVE corp shows up also. And it had less members than the Dust corp. Not sure if that is the actual EVE corp, or if also shows Dust only members for it in Dust, and people have been signing up to both?

#75 Posted by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

@rabidcentipede: The EVE corp, Kite Co. Space Trucking, has 273 members currently. We're sitting pretty at 192. There's also the off-shoot EVE corp, Kite Asteroid Scoopin' Co., that's some guy that wanted to split-off and just do mining and avoid the wardecs; from what I understand. So, it must not be displaying the numbers correctly in DUST. Space Trucking has zero DUST mercs.

#76 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

You are correct, it does show 272, I thought it said 172.

But that makes me wonder if we should have all joined that. Instead of having a new one created. Because the things we do will not help them in the future as we are not apart of that corporation. We are a stand alone. But I don't really know too much of the inner workings. Just a guess really.

#77 Edited by ShadowbladeEdge (16 posts) -

@rabidcentipede said:

But that makes me wonder if we should have all joined that. Instead of having a new one created. Because the things we do will not help them in the future as we are not apart of that corporation. We are a stand alone. But I don't really know too much of the inner workings. Just a guess really.

We can just make an Alliance if there's anything you can do for us or vice versa.

#78 Posted by Devil240Z (3370 posts) -

Ok my main confusion is how the dust/eve stuff works in the molden heath area...I guess thats the only area where corp stuff happens or is it just dust corp stuff. can a dust only corp be successful or do you need to be backed by a eve corp to really take over planets and stuff.

Basically I cant wait til we can do more of the corp stuff.

#79 Edited by BurningStickMan (206 posts) -

@devil240z: This video is super helpful and answers almost all of your questions. It's just Molden Heath for now, but will expand once CCP's comfortable it doesn't break the economy.

tl;dw version, no, you don't need a supporting EVE corp. 80 million ISK buys the DUST corp a "pack" of 150 clones/spawn tickets. We can use these to attack ANY district in Molden at any time. If we win, we control that district, and of course must defend it.

If we're successful in our fights, that owned district generates clones up to a cap (300 clones, I think). We either move those to new districts we've capped, or they get auto-sold at 100,000 ISK per extra clone. There's loot involved in that as well, along with stealing clones for successful battles, but that's in the video.

Biggest challenge is going to be the time window. People will HAVE to commit to waiting within an hour window for a Corp battle, any day we attack or defend. We can't pick the time when attacking. Fortunately, it's only a 32 man battle, so surely finding 16 stalwart sentries out of our 188 won't be too hard.

Kite Co Trucking won't get anything unless they want to try to own and defend the planet we're fighting on. There's no "global" bonus, even for alliances, unfortunately. Same time, we can't use these clones and ISK for anything more than buying more clones and spending them on more districts... yet.

PS - Supposed to be an "arena" added soon for DUST corp on DUST corp battles. DUST's version of wardeccing, I take it.

#80 Edited by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -
@rabidcentipede said:

Security issues are the main reason - which I think I've mentioned before in this thread. It's basically so that our war targets in EVE aren't watching the EVE corp chat via the DUST client. As @shadowbladeedge said, when the time comes and Alliance will help merge use together.

@devil240z said:

Ok my main confusion is how the dust/eve stuff works in the molden heath area...I guess thats the only area where corp stuff happens or is it just dust corp stuff. can a dust only corp be successful or do you need to be backed by a eve corp to really take over planets and stuff.

Basically I cant wait til we can do more of the corp stuff.

From what I understand, Devil, taking districts on planets helps to speed-up the construction/maintenance of Player-Owned Structures in EVE as well as creating clones for use in DUST. Since Space Trucking doesn't even have a POS yet - let alone one in Molden Heath - there's no real benefit for us to do this beyond bragging rights.

You all can follow more on what we may - or may not - be doing with Planetary Conquest in this thread. I've also added a referral link to the original post for any of you non-EVE players who might what to give it a go. Keep shooting merc faces, duders. o7

#81 Posted by Devil240Z (3370 posts) -

@burningstickman: wow thanks. I'm gonna watch that video. And damn, TLDW was an understatement. Saying this while watching a 2 hour long giant bomb video. But I will watch it.

Anyway, It just seems to me that Dusts entire existence is in service to eve, or at least thats how the trailers sold it to me. And I don't mind being the bitch to some guy who has invested 100s of hours and dollars into eve online. especially since I'm paying nothing. Ultimately I'm in this for the Kite co corp, I want to be apart of that.

#82 Posted by BurningStickMan (206 posts) -
#83 Edited by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

@burningstickman: Yay! Someone who knows what the Hell is going on with Planetary Conquest! \o/

@devil240z said:

Anyway, It just seems to me that Dusts entire existence is in service to eve, or at least thats how the trailers sold it to me. And I don't mind being the bitch to some guy who has invested 100s of hours and dollars into eve online. especially since I'm paying nothing. Ultimately I'm in this for the Kite co corp, I want to be apart of that.

Capsuleers > Mercs. CCP's said so, themselves. As more is added to DUST we'll become our own entity. For now, linking the two games in a way that works, and doesn't break the economies of either, is the top priority for them.

#84 Edited by mjk1 (205 posts) -
#85 Posted by swimbuff (27 posts) -

Hey folks I recently joined the corp, you can find me online as Antrec Kesala. The game seems decent fun without being amazing and I can't wait to contribute to the cause but I think I've run into a bit of a stumbling block. I just "graduated" from the Academy and man my KDR must have dropped a whole bunch as I keep getting my ass kicked in pub matches by people carrying proto weapons/armour. Goddamn those effin' Duvolle Tac ARs. Not having a beta character is a real pain and I'm not relishing the grinding I'd need to do to get competitive quickly.

Anyway, looking forward to hooking up with other duders to shoot people in their space face!

#86 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

@mjk1 said:

@mr_creeper I notice their is a donate button for the Corp. Is their any point in donating (isk?) at this moment?

Sounds like the donation thing would be good to build up the Corp wallet to 80 Million ISK so we can buy a clone pack, which will allow us to start fighting for a district, to take ownership of it.

#87 Edited by BurningStickMan (206 posts) -

@swimbuff said:

Not having a beta character is a real pain and I'm not relishing the grinding I'd need to do to get competitive quickly.

More and more I'm wishing they'd wiped all characters after the Beta. Especially considering the months and months it would take for new players to reach that same parity.

Good news - Quick Match matchmaking is supposed to be adjusted soon to keep players of the same gear level together.

Bad news - no plans to do that for Faction or Corporate Warfare. Which makes me think Corporate district capturing is just going to be a Old Beta Squad club.

#88 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

Yeah, some matches I run into guys that are obviously from early beta, and its just not fun fighting them. As its not a fair fight. Their damage is 4x what you can do, and their armor is 4x longer lasting than yours it seems. But if you get a good mix of each on both teams its not bad. I tend to stick close to those guys on my side, let them play tank and try to pick off guys from a little distance.

#89 Edited by e30bmw (356 posts) -

So I decided that I didn't like the name of the character that I made pretty late in the beta and started a new character with a cool Icelandic name. I was thinking of donating all of my ISK from that other character (~1.5 million) and terminating it. Is there any reason not to do either of those things? I'm not planning on using that character again.

#90 Edited by Sterling (2323 posts) -

I'd wait to hear from Mr_Creeper about donations.

As for deleting your character though, make sure you have used anything you have bought (with aup), because that stuff is not transferable between characters. So it will be lost if you don't use it.

#91 Posted by agony (51 posts) -

I totally just applied to join!

#92 Edited by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

Annnnnnd...we're full. Hit 200 members exactly with the last app that was approved. Kite Co. Couriers only opened it's doors a week ago! This is all thanks to you excellent people.

My alt is two-to-three days away from having the skills trained up to up our cap to 250 and will most likely be able to push that up another 50 every few days. Until then, any new duders can continue to send in their apps and they'll stay on file until I can approve them - first come, first serve. Original post will be updated accordingly.

@rabidcentipede said:

@mjk1 said:

@mr_creeper I notice their is a donate button for the Corp. Is their any point in donating (isk?) at this moment?

Sounds like the donation thing would be good to build up the Corp wallet to 80 Million ISK so we can buy a clone pack, which will allow us to start fighting for a district, to take ownership of it.

This.

Let's keep courie...ing? KEEP BLASTIN' FOOLS.

#93 Posted by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

As we look further into Planetary Conquest and the future of Kite Co. Couriers, we're gonna need some good duders to help lead the way. I've appointed Indra Gelan and Kaelon Demiteth as Tacticians to assist us in our future glory.

Keep an eye on the these forums for updates and discussions on what we've got planned, or simply drop one of us a message.

Stay frosty. o7

#94 Posted by TheDigitalistic (71 posts) -

This may be a foolish question, but as members of the corp, if we level up our corp skills, would that increase the cap, or is it just for the owner?

(NOBODY do this until an answer is posted. Don't waste that precious SP!)

#95 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

Quick question regarding the game. Do I need to download something else to get the better textures? I reinstalled it after hearing it looked and played better but it just looks the same as it was in the beta, quite bad.

#96 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

@nikoran: It should have been in the 1.8GB patch the client downloaded when you re downloaded and installed. I never played the beta myself, but mine looks fine. On par with most $60 FPS. There is a lot of texture pop in however, but it an MMO style game, so that is to be expected.

@thedigitalistic: Good question, I was wondering about that myself. But from what I can gather it is for individuals only, for you to start your own. Unless I am missing something and there is more to it, maybe deeper in the tree.

#97 Edited by Sterling (2323 posts) -
@rabidcentipede said:

@thedigitalistic: Good question, I was wondering about that myself. But from what I can gather it is for individuals only, for you to start your own. Unless I am missing something and there is more to it, maybe deeper in the tree.

It appears to be only for each person (as in the CEO) and not cumulative for everyone in the corp, taken from http://dust514.wikia.com/wiki/Corporations

Required Skills

In order to form a corperation, you need the Corporation Management skill. Upon training level I, this will allow you to form a corporation with a maximum of 10 members, in order to have more members in your corp, you need to train Corporation Management higher to a maximum of 50 members, then you will need to train the Megacorp Management skill which will add 50 members per level which at level 5 will bring your corp's maximum member limit to 300 members. If you wish to go beyond this, you will need to train Empire Control which will increase the maximum member limit by 200 per level bringing the total maximum to 1300 members.

In EVE Online, there is another skill called Soverency which can increase the limit further but currently there is no such skill in dust 514.

The active CEO must have the required skills in order to either form the corporation or accept more member.

#98 Edited by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

I'm going to guess that it only counts for the corp leader so it would just be a waste of SP for anybody/everybody else to try to do that. Once s/he fully levels up the corp skills we'll be able to have roughly 1300 members total so it won't be a problem anyway, most likely.

EDIT: seems like Rabid answered first, and with stuff to back it up!

@thedigitalistic said:

This may be a foolish question, but as members of the corp, if we level up our corp skills, would that increase the cap, or is it just for the owner?

(NOBODY do this until an answer is posted. Don't waste that precious SP!)

#99 Posted by Mr_Creeper (917 posts) -

Yup, yup. I have an alt that I'm training up to take over as CEO since I don't want to grind out SP on Creeper. Sorry for the delay, guys, but I seriously did not expect this many people to join up!

@nikoran said:

Quick question regarding the game. Do I need to download something else to get the better textures? I reinstalled it after hearing it looked and played better but it just looks the same as it was in the beta, quite bad.

@rabidcentipede is correct and the game does look quite a bit better than the beta. Also keep in mind, it's free-2-play.

#100 Posted by Sterling (2323 posts) -

I tried to play a few matches of this tonight while listening to the bombcast. Did not work out so well. I kept forgetting what I was doing, and my death count was insane. In 2 matches I died 34 times. I only had 5 kills. Not doing that again.