• 189 results
#101 Posted by Spicy_revofdc (2 posts) -

@rabidcentipede, same thing happened to me. I had a disasterous few games when I played with podcasts on.

Honestly though, I am really struggling to get into the groove on my character build etc and hope the Corp stuff will kind of give me a home, help with picking a role, etc.

Also, I do like the grenades, is there a skill to increase the number you can hold?

#102 Posted by TheDigitalistic (70 posts) -

@spicy_revofdc: If you upgrade your grenade skill, you can buy better grenades that (I think) have a higher ammo count. If you look at better grenades on the market, you can see how many each one gives you.

Also, podcasts aren't the best idea, since you typically have to actually *listen* to them. I find music to be easier to game with, since you can easily kinda just ignore it.

#103 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

I listen to the Bombcast at work. I don't need to pay attention there. :v

#104 Posted by Gatehouse (601 posts) -

Getting a little frustrated running into people with high-end kit and getting battered, any tips at all as I feel I'm missing something. By the way, the name's Kaylee Sparx in game, let me know when I can flail around and die in the name of space trucking.

#105 Posted by Sterling (2146 posts) -

Getting a little frustrated running into people with high-end kit and getting battered, any tips at all as I feel I'm missing something. By the way, the name's Kaylee Sparx in game, let me know when I can flail around and die in the name of space trucking.

Yeah, it seems to have gotten worse as of late. The last few matches I got in, everyone on the other team was decked out, just insane stats, super high end gear. Multiple tanks on the field. Just messing us up left and right. It was pretty pathetic. There should be a way to filter those type of matches out. It makes the game lose its fun factor.

#106 Posted by TheDigitalistic (70 posts) -

I've gotten a bunch of matches like that too, but I've also had a bunch where it was the exact opposite, and the other team felt like their armor was held together with duct tape.

I think it's just down to luck of the draw at this point.

Then again, some of the early beta people are probably super powerful. Either that, or they've bought that tank pack or the $100 "here's everything you'll ever need" pack.

#107 Posted by aznxchunky (15 posts) -

yea it started to get rough after academy. I started to buy the gek 38 ? assault rifle and it did start to even the odds over the generic gun. it could be bought with isk

#108 Edited by mjk1 (205 posts) -

Just a heads up CCP is offering a Skill Respec to anyone, for free, if you not happy with your current fitting. Go Here for more details. Offer ends 31st May.

#109 Posted by swimbuff (25 posts) -

It seems like the only way now I can get any kills in is to hang back and snipe from afar. Takes 3-4 shots from the basic Sniper Rifle to take down dudes with prototype gear but it's doable and at least I'm contributing to the team. I much prefer to be in the thick of the action in an assault role but with my current gear most times I just die a lot, even when in a group so I'm forced to avoid close confrontation. It almost feels like I should leave the game and come back in a couple of months to let the skillpoints accumulate so I can upgrade my guy to at least a near-competitive level. Though at that time I would probably find myself in fights with even more super-powered dudes. They really need to fix the match-making soon before us newbies get tired of dying.

#110 Edited by e30bmw (356 posts) -

I guess I should mention that my character's name is Dabgjartur Kjartansson, which is apparently a real Icelandic name.

I haven't played much the past few days, but I did finally get Assault Rifle level 3 so that I can start buying Gek Assault Rifles.

#111 Edited by TheDigitalistic (70 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

my character's name is Dabgjartur Kjartansson, which is apparently a real Icelandic name.

That sounds like the most Icelandic name. :)

Also, this probably sounds super dumb, but my main loadout is a light-armor dropsuit, which dies SUPER fast by comparison, and I've found a lot of success by running frantically behind cover at the first sign of gunfire. The longer you live, the more bullets you can put in their direction. Just pay attention to your surroundings and look for a way to move yourself behind people.

I still die a shitload of times, but I can get a handful of kills by being a total coward, and it's kinda fun.

#113 Edited by Sterling (2146 posts) -

Skill Respec request sent! I bought a bunch of skills I have no use for when I first created my character, not knowing what the game was at that time. So this will be helpful.

#114 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -

If you just want to contribute, the prereqs for repair guns, nanite injectors, and active scanners are pretty cheap. Repair guns heal armor of both friends and tanks. Nanite injectors revive (though you won't be much help under fire). Active scanners send out radar pings and upload them to everyone's map. Any of these tangibly help the team and give you war points.

If you want to jump in the fight and actively kill dudes, well...

#115 Posted by civid (404 posts) -

5 minutes into the game and there's a god damn Starship Troopers reference. Just needed to say that, great initiative BTW, will join shortly if there's room :)

#116 Edited by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

@civid: Glad to hear it, Civid. We're full at the moment, but the cap will be lifted shortly. My alt is training up Megacorp Control finally!

Like @thedigitalistic, I get a mix of matches where we either get ROFLstomped or do quite well.

I've been running a Medium Caldari Assault Dropsuit with Rifle/Submachine Gun, dual Light Damage Modifiers and Dual Armor Reppers lately. It's served me well. Get up in there, do as much damage as possible, then duck out the way and heal up. Threw in a Nanohive for good measure. Note: With the exception of my weapons, I am running all Militia gear, still. Wish there was an easy way to share fits instead of typing it all out.

#117 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

Just a suggestion to the people talking about having a bad game, maybe try switching modes up? I was kind of sucking and I switched into the deathmatch mode (ambush) and started doing better.

Also, out of curiousity, how much money does the corp have? Or is that something that you wouldn't want to be public knowledge? I think it'd be cool to reach that 80 million mark, and knowing the running tally might encourage people to donate.

#118 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -

@civid: Speaking of god damn Starship Troopers, I assume you've heard about this?

#119 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

@e30bmw: No security issues until we get into combat with other corps. We've got almost 12 million in the corp wallet. I'll update this thread with milestones as we hit 'em to keep you guys apprised. Once we do get into battling other corps, that sort of info will need to remain on the DL so that our enemies don't know that we can't afford to re-attack them! \o/

#120 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Should I be applying to Kite Co. Couriers or Kite Co. Space Trucking?

#121 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -
#122 Posted by Sterling (2146 posts) -

Even if we hit the 80mil in a month or so, we should probably hold of on just straight jumping into a war. make sure we have a good 16 guys for that battle. Good level, good gear, practice in squads, etc. Then spend that 80mill and kick some space butt. We don't want to build it up and then just blow it one battle. Or maybe I am just over thinking it.

#123 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -

@rabidcentipede said:

Even if we hit the 80mil in a month or so, we should probably hold of on just straight jumping into a war. make sure we have a good 16 guys for that battle. Good level, good gear, practice in squads, etc. Then spend that 80mill and kick some space butt. We don't want to build it up and then just blow it one battle. Or maybe I am just over thinking it.

I think you're dead on. We're all talking about how tough it is facing vets as new players, and I believe Planetary Conquest is the ultimate vet playground. And in a lot of ways, I agree that it should be. You shouldn't be allowed to take territory you can't keep.

I think it will also balance out considerably once there are more regions and more planets to take, but who knows how long that will be.

#124 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

@rabidcentipede said:

I think you're dead on. We're all talking about how tough it is facing vets as new players, and I believe Planetary Conquest is the ultimate vet playground. And in a lot of ways, I agree that it should be. You shouldn't be allowed to take territory you can't keep.

I think it will also balance out considerably once there are more regions and more planets to take, but who knows how long that will be.

Agreed. I'm all for rushing in even though we might be out-matched -- as long as we're smart about it.

#125 Posted by TheDigitalistic (70 posts) -

This is probably a question that nobody here knows the answer to:

If we do a planetary conquest match, do we get to know beforehand who we're fighting. Can we pick and choose?

#126 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -

This is probably a question that nobody here knows the answer to:

If we do a planetary conquest match, do we get to know beforehand who we're fighting. Can we pick and choose?

Yes to both if attacking. No, we can't choose if defending, but we can see who's attacking us. Remember there's the 24 hour notice before a battle actually happens.

#127 Edited by Sterling (2146 posts) -

@thedigitalistic: Yes. We have to pick a district to attack. So we can attack a CPU controlled area, if there are any left at that point, or another corporations controlled area. Then the fight will happen the next day, at predetermined time. That time is set by the other corporation. Due to when they set their something or other, forgot the name and too lazy right now to go look it up. This is an hour window each corporation picks when they control a district. So if that is at lets say 6 PM EST. And we say that we want to fight them at 8PM EST on a Monday. We have to wait 24 hours, then the next allotted time of their set one hour window. So the battle would not actually be until a random time between 6PM EST and 7PM EST on Wednesday. Since their allotted hour was before the full 24 hour window, it carries the next day.

That is all stuff Mr. Creeper will have to relay back to all of us, or those 16 going to be in the battle. So everyone can log on just before the random hour time and sit in queue for the battle to start.

Sorry, got a little off track. But yes, we get to pick which district to attack.

#128 Edited by civid (404 posts) -

@mr_creeper: Glad to hear it character name is Alabama Worly and PSN is egaa_hero

@burningstickman: I have now! A rifftrack of the greatest movie ever made? Sure, why not.

#129 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

There's a special event upcoming next weekend. Created a new post with the link and all right here. Hope to see you guys on then!

#130 Posted by Sterling (2146 posts) -

Lately I have been seeing dudes in what appears to be custom colored dropsuites (bright yellow, red, green, blue, some of them even have decals on them). Is this special gear from beta or a contest or something? Or am I just missing the option to customize the dropsuites.

#131 Posted by Lowkey20 (28 posts) -

This game is scratching the same itch I had with MAG, which I loved and sunk over 300 hours into. I'm definitely addicted right now. I applied to the corp, so whenever there is space, I'd love to actually play with a squad for the first time. PSN name is Lowkey20.

#132 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -
#133 Edited by TheDigitalistic (70 posts) -

I've finally discovered the true strength of my ninja build: Defending objectives that only get attacked by a couple people at a time.

Light armor has a smaller scan profile, so most people won't see me when they approach what they think is an unguarded node. Just went 6 /1 just sitting around waiting for solo guys to attack. :)

Also, for the record, scrambler rifles are so awesome. As long as you don't keep mashing the fire button, they can do tons of damage very quickly.

#134 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

Lately I have been seeing dudes in what appears to be custom colored dropsuites (bright yellow, red, green, blue, some of them even have decals on them). Is this special gear from beta or a contest or something? Or am I just missing the option to customize the dropsuites.

They come from several places: beta events, Fanfest promo, paid packages, ect. Got Red, Black and Pink ones, myself.

@lowkey20 said:

I applied to the corp, so whenever there is space, I'd love to actually play with a squad for the first time.

Excellent, duder! I'll be able to get you in tomorrow.

I've finally discovered the true strength of my ninja build: Defending objectives that only get attacked by a couple people at a time.

Great strategy. Gratz on the solid KDR!

#135 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

Our cap has been raised to 250! What-what! All open apps have been approved and we've got room for more. The CEO is training up to increase this limit to 300, but that's gonna take 12 days. I'm not sure if we'll need it - as apps have slowed - but I'm on it, just in case.

#136 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Not going to lie, I wish I would have made a beta character just to get helluv SP/ISK. Constantly going against people who've been in since the beta is not fun at all, and is kind of killing it for me.

#137 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -

Our cap has been raised to 250! What-what! All open apps have been approved and we've got room for more. The CEO is training up to increase this limit to 300, but that's gonna take 12 days. I'm not sure if we'll need it - as apps have slowed - but I'm on it, just in case.

Awesome to hear! Thanks for doing this!

#138 Posted by Sterling (2146 posts) -

There is an omega passive booster up for sale this week only, think it stops selling on the 28th (not 100% sure on that), but it is 100% boost compared to the normal 50% on a passive booster. So buy some AUR and get one, or two (or maybe you have some saved up, good way to spend it). They cost 36,000 AUR. The normal one costs 28,000 AUR.

#139 Posted by TheDigitalistic (70 posts) -
#140 Edited by Sterling (2146 posts) -

@thedigitalistic: $18.96 (You could get away with $17.91 if you bought nine of the 4,000 packs, but still). WOW I didn't think it was that much. You need to buy either a $19.99 40,000 AUR pack, or a 20,000, a 10,000 and two 4,000, which would be $18.96. I didn't think it was that much.

Some of us bought the Veteran pack which came with 100,000, plus you get a permanent suit and gun, and a two 30 boosters (active and passive). If you are going to spend real wold money once, buying one of the pack is the way to go, not buying straight up AUR. Price of the pack is $49.99

Most people bought the Merc Pack, which also comes with a permanent gun and suit, but only one 30 day booster and 40,000. Price of this pack is $19.99

4,000 AUR is $1.99, 10,000 AUR is $4.99, 21,000 AUR is $9.99, 43,000 AUR is $19.99, 110,000 AUR is $49.99 and 225,000 AUR is $99.99

#141 Posted by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

@rabidcentipede said:

They come from several places: beta events, Fanfest promo, paid packages, ect. Got Red, Black and Pink ones, myself

Are you sure about this? My Logi suit has yellow highlights on it, so I was just thinking it was suits with a specialization.

#142 Posted by BurningStickMan (201 posts) -

There is an omega passive booster up for sale this week only, think it stops selling on the 28th (not 100% sure on that), but it is 100% boost compared to the normal 50% on a passive booster. So buy some AUR and get one, or two (or maybe you have some saved up, good way to spend it). They cost 36,000 AUR. The normal one costs 28,000 AUR.

The "variations" tab for the Omega booster lists a 90-day version. So be aware that's probably going to show up for sale at some point.

#143 Posted by Sterling (2146 posts) -

@rabidcentipede said:

The "variations" tab for the Omega booster lists a 90-day version. So be aware that's probably going to show up for sale at some point.

Yeah, but for how much, 96,000 AUR? Seems the likely price, which is way too much.

#144 Posted by samcroft90 (92 posts) -

Just sent my application in.

#145 Edited by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -
@shiro2809 said:

@mr_creeper said:
@rabidcentipede said:

They come from several places: beta events, Fanfest promo, paid packages, ect. Got Red, Black and Pink ones, myself.

Are you sure about this? My Logi suit has yellow highlights on it, so I was just thinking it was suits with a specialization.

Yeah, the Logi suits are yellow. Off the top of my head: you can get a Red suit from the Veteran Package, Digital Camo versions were from a beta event and the Pink one is from Fanfest. I'm sure there are more that are a mix of special events and higher tier gear.

@samcroft90 said:

Just sent my application in.

Awesome. If someone hasn't already approved it, I'll do so in a bit.

Keep the fight going, duders!

#146 Posted by tread311 (355 posts) -

Hmm I might have to apply. I played the beta a bit and didn't care for it but what I have played of the "finished" game seems pretty good. Would be nice to have people to play with.

#147 Posted by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -
@tread311 said:

Hmm I might have to apply. I played the beta a bit and didn't care for it but what I have played of the "finished" game seems pretty good. Would be nice to have people to play with.

We'd be happy to have you, broski.

#148 Edited by Mr_Creeper (768 posts) -

Okay, duders, we're 25% of the way to a Clone Starter Package for Planetary Warfare. Thanks to all of you who've donated so far. Of course, we'll need more than that to be effective, but that's our goal for now.

o7

#149 Edited by Sterling (2146 posts) -

I think I have found my spots for squading now. Switching between a heavy with heavy machine-gun, and a logi with repair tools, injectors and uplinks. These seem to be the best two roles for me. I suck at everything else. I can't snipe for crap, and I have a hard time aiming pistols, assault rifles and pretty much anything else.

#150 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@rabidcentipede: We need to squad up sometime then. Mowing down fools with a assault rifle is what I do.