Ending(spoilers)

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did anyone else feel the end fight was pretty disappointing? I was expecting an actual fight and not a couple button prompts. In the end I guess it doesn't really mater because I could care less about any of the characters. I barely shrugged when Jade died.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

As terrible as QTE boss fights are, I VASTLY preferred it to another tedious boss fight where I had to dodge, attack, dodge, attack.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wemibelec90: I definitely can see where you're coming from, but I was lvl 25 survivor by the time I beat the game and was packing 2300+ damage katanas. Even those huge chargers with the armor were dying in two hits. I would have prefered to have a fight I could have just quickly ended.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I hated climbing up to the top of that tower to have a poorly made QTE come up. Then again, I had some problems with the story missions in this game, but other than that, it didn't ruin my time with the game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I spent probably an hour in the earliest part of that mission killing the fast runners in the bottom level of the tower because I didn't realize I was supposed to run. If you duck into one of the doors that the hulks come out of, the enemies tend to only come at you one at a time, so it made killing hordes pretty awesome, especially with a backpack full of molotovs.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

The boss fight reminded me of Shadow of Mordor's boss fight. That is not a good thing.

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By seemah

@sparky_buzzsaw: I did that same thing. Shit just happened so fast in the first moments there that I didn't realize I was supposed to run away.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@seemah: it didn't help that the audio from Rais all bunched up and would only hit at each checkpoint, so I had no audio clues to lead me on.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9 FinalDasa  Moderator

The entire ending sequence was a disappointment. I thought the 1st person forced parkour was alright but the platforming was absolutely zero fun.

Then to give me a QTE after having other boss battles with humans in other missions was a very strange call.

I would actively tell someone to not finish the game, to not play that level, and just focus on side missions.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

So many games have terrible endings, why is it so difficult I wonder...

How many games can you name where the ending was one of the best parts?

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@getz said:

Asura's Wrath. Not the original ending, but the DLC ending, which pretty much paid for itself in sheer craziness.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story parts of the game were just plain bad, two arena style battles were your equipment are removed and one insta fail qte sequence and a Disordered outlander / Far Cry dream sequence style complete with slowed down platforming and blurred vision nonsense, they were all terrible.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@getz said:

Asura's Wrath. Not the original ending, but the DLC ending, which pretty much paid for itself in sheer craziness.

Definitely a highlight... Though a shame they lock it behind paid DLC

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corevi
@getz said:

Danganronpa, Mass Effect 2, Shin Megami Tensei 4 (Neutral), The Walking Dead Season 1, Shadow of the Collosus, Far Cry 4 (Joke Ending), Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, The Last of Us, Wonderful 101, Final Fantasy 13-2, Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and every Metal Gear game.

For all those games the highlight is the final boss (or whatever that game's equivalent of that is) and ending.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By MikeLemmer

@getz said:

@mikelemmer said:

@getz said:

Definitely a highlight... Though a shame they lock it behind paid DLC

Perhaps. But I wonder if they could've given it the same level of polish if they had released it with the game proper. It does beg the question whether you're willing to pay extra (and wait) for a great ending, or get a bad ending now.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah, this ending was suuuuper lame. Kind of a downer after a pretty fun game

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bullshit run up to the ending is pissing me off. I can't do it. And at this point I don't think I care. Fuck this game. This running from hordes thing is bullshit. They keep catching up to me and hitting me from behind messing up my jumps. Or jump on top of me knocking me off ledges. Or it just wont do a full jump because I'm gassed as the exact second I go to jump. And it really pisses me off I have to start all over every time I die. Fuck this ending. I spent 95% of the game not running from anything and now its forcing me to. If you try and fight them they just keep coming and coming and coming.