#1 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

This may be loads of bullshit or may be spot on or something in the middle, but anyway I thought I'd share it with you guys. This rumor originated in NeoGAF.

The Microsoft game line-up for E3 is rumored to be:

• Halo 5
  • Killer Instinct
  • BANJO KAZOOIE 4
  • FORZA 5
  • QUANTUM BREAK
  • HALO: SPARTAN ASSAULT
  • RYSE
  • FABLE 4
  • CRACKDOWN 3
  • FORTNINE
  • DEAD RISING 3
  • COD: Ghosts
  • BF 4
  • Witcher 3
  • Dying Light
  • PREY 2
  • Homefront 2
  • BGE 2
  • Mirror's edge 2
  • Rainbow 6 PATRIOTS
  • Brother in Arms
  • League of legends

Capcom next gen line-up was also rumored in this thread:

• Dead Rising 3 (XB1 exclusive. Capcom Vancouver)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 exclusive, DD team doing it)
  • Darkstalkers Reborn (Wii-U Exclusive. Funded by Nintendo, Dimps + Ono)
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 4 (Both. Eighting + Capcom. Also "Expandable" and also allegedly taking advantage of Microsoft's E-Sports platform tools they gave to developers)
  • Megaman (both consoles, PC and done by "A very good US developer who you won't expect but would be very happy to hear is doing it")
  • New IP from Capcom Vancouver
  • New IP from Ninja Theory

So what you guys think? Is it pretty close to reality or is it as fake as it can get? I'd say that by having BGE 2 in there makes this list drop significantly in the probability scale, but that doesn't mean the rest won't be there.

Go forth and discuss.

#2 Edited by BaconGames (3134 posts) -

I'm going to just ignore this thread because it does me no good to be any less than surprised during E3.

#3 Posted by Ischar25 (17 posts) -

The Witcher 3 and Prey 2 are on that list. This excites me. A lot.

#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3682 posts) -

capcom exclusives -_- everything else seems legit except prey 2

#5 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

What no Milo?

#6 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

I'm going to just ignore this thread because it does me no good to be any less than surprised during E3.

Not really anything to be surprised about. It's a bunch of numbers in front of names you've already seen. In fact, there's only one name in there that I think I've never heard of.

#7 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

If these are the 15 exclusives its totally fake also

was from JANUARY 20TH 2012 which I think was confirmed as fake back then^^

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (7566 posts) -

Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Mirror's Edge 2 are the only games on that I care about, so as long as they at least come to PC I'll be ok. Obviously I have nothing to worry about with Witcher 3.

That Capcom list reads like insanity. I guess I was already buying a WiiU for Bayonetta 2 but fuck, I don't want to buy a stick for it to play Darkstalkers. I appreciate Dead Rising for what it is but never got into it myself so I won't miss it. Everything else sounds like exactly what I would want out of Capcom so now my hopes are up, ready to be dashed.

#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

Shit! Another Halo! I'm fucking excited for this line up. Those Capcom exclusives to each platform is a little weird.. Cool, but why?. Maybe they're each timed exlcusives?.

Hey btw, I would think that would say 'Fortnite.' But then I don't know what Fortnine would be, otherwise..

#10 Edited by Humanity (7962 posts) -

If its true then that's a pretty good lineup

#11 Posted by Falconer (1658 posts) -

BANJO KAZOOIE GET HYPE

#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

You heard it here first: the new Megaman is actually Irrational's next game :o

Also, I am genuinely excited about the prospect of a new Mirror's Edge, just as long as it's not a F2P iOS exclusive :<

#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11015 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. The idea of putting League of Legends on a console is just stupid enough that I can imagine Microsoft trying to get a slice of that MOBA pie without understanding that anyone with a computer less than 10 years old can run League.

Banjo-Kazooie Gruntyland sounds like a Kinect minigame collection to me, which seems like a fitting use for that franchise given the current state of Rare.

Prey 2? Sure. I'll buy that. I'll also buy Halo 5 being teased in some manner. It'll be fun seeing if this matches up next week.

#14 Edited by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I really hope Dead Rising 3 is just a timed-exclusive. I love this series and I don't want to get an XBOX 1 just for that. Please Capcom, don't do it!

#15 Edited by Daneian (1172 posts) -

If Banjo-Kazooie 4 doesn't lock onto Banjo-Toie locked onto Banjo-Kazooie I am gonna be pissed.

No I'm not

#16 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

The next Halo has the word "assault" in the subtitle?

I'm getting a fucking Xbone!

#17 Edited by Reisz (1359 posts) -

Good lord NeoGAF, E3 only comes 'round once a year and new console E3's are like the E3 Unicorn! Why do you hate mystery!

#18 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -
  • That Halo 5 logo?. Hohh.
  • Fable IV might better to make than a Fable MMO, I guess.. But then I thought Lionhead was hiring MMO designers. Hmm.
  • Rainbow 6. Fuck Yes! No Splinter Cell re-release, I see.
  • The fuck is 'De3..?' Dead Rising 3?..
  • And that lower-left logo looks half-cool.
#19 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

BY the way the rumor thread was already closed so not even Neogaf believes this XD

#20 Posted by probablytuna (3445 posts) -

I only thing that I'm only excited about on that list is The Witcher 3.

#21 Posted by ShaggE (5987 posts) -

@coafi said:

I really hope Dead Rising 3 is just a timed-exclusive. I love this series and I don't want to get an XBOX 1 just for that. Please Capcom, don't do it!

My reaction as well. That said, I'm super excited to see what a next-gen Dead Rising looks like, whether I get to play it or not. It may just score me some favor points with the Xbone.

#22 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

@darji said:

BY the way the rumor thread was already closed so not even Neogaf believes this XD

Neogaf doesn't allow speculation threads, that's why it got closed bby :3

#23 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I dunno that I buy a lot of this. Capcom stuff in particular seems super sketchy.

#24 Posted by Abendlaender (2597 posts) -

Jesus I hope that Darkstalkers thing is not true. Don't waste time and money on Darkstalkers Nintendo...

#25 Posted by MEATBALL (2786 posts) -

I think the only US developer I'd want to see do a Mega Man is WayForward. Hope that lineup is true, looks pretty solid.

#26 Posted by Eidderf (504 posts) -

Seeing Prey 2 on that list makes me a little doubtful, especially with all the problems it has been having and how it seems like only recently anyone has started working on it again (apparently it's target release is 2016 if rumours can be trusted)

Additionally as much as I'd like more Banjo Kazooie did Nuts and Bolts have good enough sales to justify putting Rare to work on that rather than say a new Kinect game. Which is another factor that makes me doubtful is that there appears to be a lack of Kinect titles, I guess Spartan Assault could be something Kinect related and Gruntyland could turn out to be a mini-game collection but I would expect a little stronger emphasis on the device in the E3 line-up (I remember reading Ryse wasn't as kinect heavy as it once seemed to be)

Still I guess we'll find out soon enough.

#27 Edited by RVonE (4480 posts) -

As for the sequels, if true, Halo 5 and Witcher 3 excite me.

#28 Posted by MocBucket62 (1041 posts) -

That Capcom lineup is too good to be true. Seriously, a new Megaman game coming out with the current state Capcom is in?

As cool as the Microsoft game lineup looks, its hard to believe that all those games are real. If Banjo-Kazooie Gruntyland becomes a Kinect game, expect both fans of the original platformers and lovers of Nuts and Bolts to unite and grab their torches and pitchforks at Microsoft.

#29 Posted by theveej (791 posts) -

I don't believe it because of the lack of shitty Kinect games on that list. We all know that there is AT LEAST gonna be 3-4 kinect games in the vein of kinect sports or some shit like that.

#30 Edited by Cirdain (2957 posts) -
  • Not a big Halo player but someone must like the annualisation of franchises
  • Not a fan of the fighting genre because I sux
  • BK: Grunty Land... Should be cute :) (kinect?)
  • Forza 5 yep
  • QB check
  • Another Halo thing... Dunno should be cool to find out (kinect but like the dead space wii game?)
  • Ryse. Gaming for me is a religion and Ryse is the shit! (kinect?)
  • People play Fable games
  • CRACKDOWN YES YES YES. If things don't transform when I get into or use them I will be angry.
  • Fortnine? What?
  • Arcade Zombie Saint's row...
  • meh
  • meh
  • PC gaming for me is a religion and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the shit! (Still funny the second time right?)
  • Everyone is saying that the Dying Light is awesome, well done Techland.
  • Prey 2?? If so, that is some nifty - borderline pro - PR work to make people concerned and talk about the project before a sudden reveal.
  • Ha! Homefront 2 by Crytek...
  • BGE 3 is going to be really interesting to see.
  • Global Illumination for me is a religion and Mirror's Edge 2 is the shit!
  • Rainbow 6 is going to be cool. More serious and slower than what Sam Fisher is trying to do.
  • Brothers in Arms needs some weird spin on it so I'm wondering what new stuff they'll do.
  • meh, I'm not into MOBA's and I'm sure they're fine with the PC.

Ridiculously good lighting, particle effects, shader tech and post processing for me is a religion and Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 Exclusive) is going to kill you, seriously prepare your body for the E3 HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!! (Hopefully it's on the PC too)

If I'm going to get one from what I now know, it would still be the PS4

#31 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Fuck. This looks awesome. Now I kind of have to own an Xbone. Still, I'll end up with both consoles eventually. Who am I kidding? I'll own both of 'em by the end of the year, and be poor and broke, and living in a gutter.

#32 Edited by xyzygy (9626 posts) -

The only thing I don't understand is the Capcom exclusives - unless they're both timed. I really don't see that happening.

If it is true though, that's a pretty impressive lineup.

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (34615 posts) -

League of Legends? What!?

#34 Edited by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

Capcom going exclusive on any platform would be a bad idea. DmC had enough issues as it was. Now imagine the hurdle of being only on one platform thrown in.

And I'm not sure how much I believe that list because the last one is League of Legends. How is that going to work?

#35 Posted by spankingaddict (2646 posts) -

I don't want more Halo , Crackdown , or Fable . But that's not a bad list of games .

#36 Edited by casper_ (882 posts) -

i dont know if i buy capcom making 2 fighting games to series that they have felt undersold in the past 2 years especially considering how fucking long capcom waits to release new iterations (ie non update) of any fighting game.

#37 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

The only thing I don't understand is the Capcom exclusives - unless they're both timed. I really don't see that happening.

Microsofts always gotten some weird Japanese exclusives sometimes, remember Jet Set Radio Future and that big push for Jrpgs they tried to do at the beginning of the 360?

#38 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (864 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Microsofts always gotten some weird Japanese exclusives sometimes, remember Jet Set Radio Future and that big push for Jrpgs they tried to do at the beginning of the 360?

They all bombed, no one will try that again. The xbox is dead on arrival.

#39 Edited by xyzygy (9626 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@xyzygy said:

They all bombed, no one will try that again. The xbox is dead on arrival.

They might have commercially bombed but they were amazing games. JSRF and Lost Odyssey were two of each systems best games IMO.

And really, Lost Odyssey has to date sold around 800,000 copies so it's not really that much of a bomb. Really hope there are more games like that this time around.

#40 Posted by Superkenon (1191 posts) -

You know something's fake when it's sharing space with Beyond Good and Evil 2.

#41 Posted by xyzygy (9626 posts) -

You know something's fake when it's sharing space with Beyond Good and Evil 2.

BGE2 has been confirmed to be in development for years now...

#42 Posted by Scroll (589 posts) -

League of Legends? What!?

Must be a console spin off thing. Makes sense if you're bringing free to play titles to consoles to associate themselves with LoL.

#43 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

No Fallout 4, btw, I see.. That would be an awesome exclusive reveal. Fuck having it BE exclusive.

#44 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (864 posts) -
#45 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#46 Posted by Demoskinos (13874 posts) -
#47 Edited by mrfluke (4844 posts) -

@darji said:

If these are the 15 exclusives its totally fake also

was from JANUARY 20TH 2012 which I think was confirmed as fake back then^^

yep.

#48 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#49 Posted by BaneFireLord (2878 posts) -

No Fallout, no Elder Scrolls, no Rockstar, no Just Cause 3.... *yawn*

#50 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

This does remind me of something:

I think LoL or Dota 2 for consoles would be a terrible idea. I do think a LoL or Dota 2 match viewer would be excellent idea.