• 152 results
Posted by xyzygy (9891 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Now that the three main press conferences are over, which console do you want? (945 votes)

Playstation 4 84%
Xbox One 9%
Wii U 7%

I believe that E3 is all about games and told myself before E3 that I am going to get the console that has the most of them. That's why I'm picking Xbox One. I know it has that really shitty 24 hour check in service, but the used game thing doesn't really affect me. And when I really think about it, one little check in every 24 hours is a small price to pay for the games.

• Sunset Overdrive
  • Killer Instinct
  • Quantum Break
  • Ryse
  • FFXV
  • Titanfall
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Destiny
  • whatever the hell D4 is - it's Swery, how can I not be excited?
  • MGS V
  • Project Spark
  • Forza 5
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Assassin's Creed 4
  • Halo
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Whatever Black Tusk is doing
  • I MIGHT give Kingdom Hearts 3 a try
  • Watch Dogs
  • Plus other multiplats and games I forgot from the MS conference

I feel like the only games I will be missing out on are Infamous and The Order. The only games I actually straight up didn't like from the MS conference was Battlefield. The above list is a pretty impressive lineup and I'm all about the games so this is how I am justifying my decision to stick with Xbox, at least until I can afford to get a PS4 as well for it's exclusives that will come later.

#51 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall were the only things that really grabbed my attention, I'm excited to see what those evolve into but I gotta go with PS4.

#52 Edited by Butano (1728 posts) -

Well, I'll end up getting the main 2 (sorry Nintendo) eventually. Probably the Xbox One first, though I'm waiting to see if Sony comes up with a PS4+Vita bundle around the same price.

#53 Posted by dropabombonit (1484 posts) -

PS4 without a doubt but not on launch day because I'm moving to Japan for a teaching job in September so won't have much disposable by the end 2013 because don't get my first pay cheque until mid October. Flights and living costs will be expensive enough. Having said that, I will get a PS4 in 2014 when the new Infamous comes out

#54 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Wii U and PS4. I'm not sure which one first, I voted for Wii U because that's how I'm feeling right now but there's still time. I'm not buying either before 2014 anyway.

#55 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

I'll end up with both an Xbox One and a PlayStation 4 eventually, but as of right now, PS4 will be my first console of this upcoming generation.

#56 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2210 posts) -

Already have a Wii U so it will be PS4 as a day one purchase, XBOne I'll purchase when more exclusives become available for it as the ones shown didn't thrill me unless they review very well.

#57 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

I already pre-ordered my Xbox One. (Got the achievement to prove it...which is silly, but still a little fun) Gotta support my 'local' businesses.

#58 Posted by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

@oginor said:

I already pre-ordered my Xbox One. (Got the achievement to prove it...which is silly, but still a little fun) Gotta support my 'local' businesses.

You get an achievement for pre-ordering an Xbox One? What?

#59 Posted by Ezakael (911 posts) -

I pre ordered my PS4 today. I'm so pumped. This is the first launch I'm going to get to actually take part in.

#60 Edited by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@xyzygy: Yup, it's 0G so as not to affect the folks who play for GamerScore...

#61 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@xyzygy: I feel the same way, but MS better step their shit up, even with some of the great looking games that are coming to the system they need to do something about the price to value/24 hour check in for me to be sold.

Wii U too.

#62 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

The Playstation 4 appears to be the most suitable console for my needs. Their commitment to providing independently developed games a place on the PS store is not a minor thing. In fact, in terms of pure access to the sorts of games I tend to enjoy, that in itself is a system seller for me. Steam is great but I like the convenience of access to those smaller games in a console format usually. Not quite at the stage yet where I'm ready to put a PC in my livingroom.

Second selling point is the lack of online access checks for disc based games. I do not want my console connected to the internet at all times. I do not want to jump through this hoop just to play a game I bought at the electronics store down the street. Further to that, I would like to be confident that the games I own will be playable on my consoles well after the company that produced them is gone, so long as the machine themselves work. I still pull out my old consoles every once in a while to play my old games. It would be a real bummer to have an old Xbox 1 twenty years from now and know that it's completely non-functioning because the online system it relies on no longer exists. Speaking of which, I need to download a few of the XBLA games I own but deleted for storage space on the HD while that system is still functional.

I don't give a damn about tv integration. I don't want Kinect or anything associated with it. The only Xbox announced exclusive i am interested in at this time is Forza and Crimson Dragon. Neither of those are system sellers for me.

#63 Posted by Strife777 (1500 posts) -

I was always going to get PS4 on launch day, unless they did something insanely stupid, and that is still the case.

I'll probably get an Xbox One at some point. Wii U really depends, we'll see.

#64 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Before E3, I was decisively leaning Xbox, but Sony has won me over for now.

#65 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Even though I turned on Sony back in 2005 and got a 360 Day-One (not getting the PS3 for years after that in spite of having experienced both the first Playstation and PS2 prior), I am now atoning for my sins by putting all my money on PS4 immediately!

#66 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -
#67 Edited by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@xyzygy said:

@oginor said:

IGN: E3 2013: Xbox One Premium "Day One" Edition Revealed

Its sold out.

I'm starting to think that gamers on forums are minorities in comparison to the whole gaming community, because Amazon reported earlier today that the One was breaking pre-order records for them. Really glad to hear this.

#68 Edited by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

I think I'll go PS4 first, then maybe down the road an XBone and a WiiU. My money goes to where the good games are.

#69 Edited by AngriGhandi (754 posts) -

Owned a 360 this gen, pre-ordered a PS4 on amazon as soon as the conference ended.

They had my money the instant Jack T dropped the "used games and consumer respect" face turn, but when I heard how cheap it was I basically bought it without a second thought.

I mean, holy hell-- it's smaller, it's more powerful, it plays used games, it doesn't require online check-ins or an always-on camera that watches your heartbeat, it lets indies self-publish... and it costs a hundred dollars less!

If you asked yourself at the beginning of the current gen seven years ago what you would think of this choice, you would think you were fucking joking.

...I'll probably buy a copy of Quantum Break just to make Sam Lake happy. But I'll have to play it on my friend's XBO, because I'm not buyin' that shit!

Unless I can pick one up used.

Oh, the irony.

#70 Edited by FreakAche (2949 posts) -

PS4 and Wii U

#71 Posted by aspaceinvader (256 posts) -

Xbox one for me, but not on day one, will wait till after Christmas.

#72 Edited by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

I call BS on people saying they're going to get a Wii U before they get an X1. I know you're mad at Microsoft, guys, but let's not kid ourselves.

#73 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@xyzygy said:

@oginor said:

IGN: E3 2013: Xbox One Premium "Day One" Edition Revealed

Its sold out.

I'm starting to think that gamers on forums are minorities in comparison to the whole gaming community, because Amazon reported earlier today that the One was breaking pre-order records for them. Really glad to hear this.

Did you have an option for multi vote? Im sure a few people will get both. And I am sure there is a number of people who just pick one of the options to troll.

#74 Edited by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Not sure, probably going to wait for them to be out as neither one wowed me enough to put down money for a launch. Plus I don't trust Sony so even though it looks like the better console I want to wait till it actually comes out.

#75 Edited by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

PS4, but I will probably end up with XboxOne way down the line, but my answer is PS4.

#76 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2301 posts) -

Well I want them all. :P But as for which one I'll buy first, PS4. I'd totally be willing to fork over the extra $100 for the Xbox One but I just can't pardon the DRM shit as of right now. Sucks too because MS totally destroyed Sony at e3 when it came to games.

#77 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Source? It's underselling the PS4, so I can't imagine it's breaking any records.

The only thing I have found to support this (somewhat) is from before Sony's conference had started.

#78 Edited by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

PS4, maybe Wii U next year if there's a price drop.

#79 Edited by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

Well two of my friends and I went out and preordered a PS4 today, so that should be pretty clear.

#80 Edited by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

PS4, maybe Wii U next year if there's a price drop.

#81 Edited by supamon (1333 posts) -

Both Xbone and PS4. Just a matter of which 1 first. I'll be getting 3DS XL soon too!

#82 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1836 posts) -

Getting a PS4 preorder in as soon as I have the money. I'll get an Xbox One later down the road but it's not a priority; I don't care about the DRM or the higher price point, it just doesn't appeal to me. None of the front end stuff looks interesting and none of the EXCLUSIVES OH MAN that they've shown off have really grabbed my attention; the ones that have are only "exclusive" in that they are also coming to PC, which I've got.

#83 Edited by YukoAsho (2001 posts) -

I already have a Wii U, so I picked PS4. I've no interest in having the Eye of Sauron looking at me at all times, to say nothing of MS' constant online checks.

#84 Edited by Andorski (5189 posts) -

Gonna try and hold out with PC until a good line-up of PS4 games come out. Will probably get a Wii U solely for SSB when it comes out because I'm stupid like that. Xbox One will need more exclusive games announced for me to get interested.

#85 Edited by Andorski (5189 posts) -

@leebmx: Is Sunset Overdrive confirmed to be Xbox One exclusive? Was hoping that would go multiplatform.

#86 Posted by TenStoryMother (85 posts) -

Xbox One has been preordered and I am very much looking forward to its arrival.

#87 Edited by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

@andorski:

It's an Xbox exclusive unfortunately. It's funded by Microsoft Studios. :(

@mandude said:

@xyzygy said:

Source? It's underselling the PS4, so I can't imagine it's breaking any records.

The only thing I have found to support this (somewhat) is from before Sony's conference had started.

Source. And that's from earlier today, I don't even think it was available for 24 hours. This is encouraging news!

#88 Edited by joshth (500 posts) -

Already have a Wii U. Will get a PS4 for Christmas. No plans to get an Xbone at all right now.

#89 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

PS4 at launch. WiiU when it drops to $250.

#90 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I want a 360. Really bad. Thanks E3!

#91 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -

PS4. Not sure if I will get it at launch though. Probably won't get a XB1 for a couple of years if I even get it at all.

#92 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@xyzygy: Oh. I thought you meant that it was breaking pre-order records for Amazon. I wouldn't doubt that both consoles would sell out regardless, and considering that the system architecture is so similar this generation, I don't think Xbox One fans have anything to worry about either way.

#93 Posted by Geralt (315 posts) -

We play our game on Playstation around these parts.

#94 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

I am going to buy a Wii U, or convince my girlfriend to get me one for Christmas. You can't stop me.

#95 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

*I wrote this down before voting*

I bet around 85-90% say PS4 and about 10% say Xbox One.

*(now I'm voting)*

Yup, I was right :D

PS4 is for me, it seems like a lot of the Internet agrees as Xbox seems to be pulling in about 10-20% in most polls I've seen.

#96 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@leebmx: @xyzygy: Jack Tretton has confirmed that 30 games are in development exclusively for PS4 and 20 of those will be releasing within the first year AND 12 of them are new IP. So they kind of have MS beat on the exclusive games front. I guess they haven't announced them because they want the spotlight on those first 5 games (Driveclub, Knack, etc.). Not trying to sway your position, just letting it be known since no one is really talking about this.

Back on topic, I'm choosing PS4. Quantum Break sounds like it'll turn out great, I'm interested in Black Tusk's game, Titanfall looks god damn awesome, if Dead Rising 3 is nothing like DR2 then I'd be sold & Ryse might be pretty good but I could end up not liking those games at all so it isn't worth the money. Plus the Xbone is not something I want to support so maybe if I become friends with someone with an Xbone, I'll play those games.

I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE the inFAMOUS franchise so that pretty much alone sold me on a PS4. Plus the Killzone multiplayer is the only FPS multiplayer I like, Mark Cerny+platformer=Knack=sold, I get (most of) Driveclub for free at launch, and The Order: 1886 is steampunk. STEAMPUNK! It is also being developed by Ready At Dawn and I bet they'll deliver a fantastic product. On top of that, there's still 25 more exclusive games we don't know about so it just makes me super excited to see what developers like Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, Sony Santa Monica, etc. are working on. I'm also have a ton of PS3 games and own a Vita so I'm sold into their ecosystem. It only makes sense.

ALSO! PS4 <3 Indies. <---Enough said. I love me my indies.

OCTODAD: DADLIEST CATCH

#97 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

Pre ordered a PS4 right after the conference. It was just not the games but also the philosophy Sony has. This is the right console for me as a gamer.

#98 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

I already have a Wii U and enjoy it. Out of the Xbone and PS4, PS4 looks more enticing. Right now though I just want know when Kingdom Hearts 3 will be out and if the rumors about it coming to PC are true. Since KH3 wont be out this year, I don't plan on getting a Xbone or PS4 this year at the moment. Want to see what the launch games will be for both of them. Killer Instinct will be a launch game for Xbone, which looks neat, but my fighting game fatigue is kicking in right now.

#99 Posted by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

PS4 day one, Wii U a little later down the line, and an X1 when I think the exclusives justify the purchase.

#100 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

Not gonna buy any at launch (as always) but the PS4 seems the most interesting to me for now. But let's just wait a few months and see how the reactions on E3 will affect the strategies of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.