#1 Edited by Marino (4653 posts) -
Winning Banner by face15

Congrats to @face15 for winning the E3 2013 Sony banner contest. face15 won the Nintendo banner in 2011 and returned this year with a hilarious series of CEO banners. We're not sure we really understand why Jack Tretton would want to destroy us, but who can argue with that smile?

The Official E3 2013 Sony Press Conference Discussion

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Sony press conference. Only discussion of the Sony press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted). And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your predictions for your local soap box derby race.

Specific Announcements

The man, the myth, the legend circa 1998. PlayStation Underground represent!

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2013 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on how to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

If you know of any others, let me know!

Staff
#2 Posted by Marino (4653 posts) -

Thread will be opened and stickied after Ubisoft.

Staff
#3 Posted by shinboy630 (1135 posts) -

I am genuinely curious what the box is going to look like, even though that has no bearing at all whether or not I get a PS4

#4 Edited by Stimpack (846 posts) -

So far so good. I'm actually surprised that I have such a genuine interest in so many things so far. I hope Sony keeps it going.

#5 Posted by Fattony12000 (7292 posts) -

Destroy me, Tretton.

#6 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

For the GB chat, would it be possible to use the Gamespot stream that doesn't have any commentary?

#7 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1106 posts) -

Jax and Daxter or bust!

#8 Edited by Demoskinos (14761 posts) -

Lets go Sony *clap clap clap*

#9 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Hype train gooooo

#10 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2504 posts) -

Jack Motherfucking Tretton.

Fuck yeah.

#11 Edited by wwweh (11 posts) -

My body is ready

#12 Posted by RedOrm (2 posts) -

Woooooo

#13 Edited by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Staying up all night for this, Sony better bring it!

#14 Edited by Strife777 (1520 posts) -

Holy shit that banner.

#15 Posted by Capum15 (4873 posts) -

I am genuinely curious what the box is going to look like, even though that has no bearing at all whether or not I get a PS4

Same here. Wondering if it will be similar to the PS3 or something quite different. Definitely wondering about their lineup right now, too.

#16 Posted by Milkman (16657 posts) -

That banner is fucking incredible. Bravo, @face15.

#17 Edited by TurboMan (7503 posts) -

#18 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@turboman said:

Im going to take a wild guess and say that was made by Neogaf

#19 Posted by Ramone (2961 posts) -

Sony better fucking kill it, they better goddamn fucking kill it.

#20 Posted by Yummylee (21498 posts) -

Finally, it's time for the main course <3 Don't you dare disappoint, Sony!

I wouldn't expect as much, but it'd make for a neat surprise if The Evil Within were to show up at Sony's conference. Wonder if they'll announce what the other not-Last of Us Naughty Dog team have been up to least.

#21 Posted by AuthenticM (3715 posts) -

How long is the conference ? I've heard three hours, but IGN is reporting it being only one.

#22 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -
@ramone said:

Sony better fucking kill it, they better goddamn fucking kill it.

I'm afraid that Microsoft's conference of games, games, games will be better than what Sony shows. It'll be interesting to see.

#23 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Sony has this, I just know. If they don't I'll start drinking.

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11621 posts) -

That banner is amazing.

#25 Edited by RonGalaxy (3103 posts) -
#26 Edited by Aegon (5493 posts) -

"xbox is more of a shooter console" - Peter Moore, reasoning behind TinanFall exclusivity.

#27 Edited by Aegon (5493 posts) -

@authenticm: Its 3, ign sucks

WHHAT? 3 HOURS?

I wonder how much non-games talk there will be.

#28 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

@aegon said:

@naru_joe93 said:

WHHAT? 3 HOURS?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be from 90 minutes to two hours long. 3 hours is insane.

#30 Edited by Coafi (1483 posts) -

@aegon said:

@naru_joe93 said:

WHHAT? 3 HOURS?

Is this real? 3 hours? That seems a bit too much.

#31 Posted by Yummylee (21498 posts) -

Well, fuck... it starts at like 2am over here and I need to be up for 10am. I was planning on sticking it out because i figured it'd be like an hour long, but three?! Guess I'm going to have play catch up tomorrow =(

#32 Posted by BlackLagoon (1407 posts) -

@fluxwavez: What do you think Sony will be doing? For starters I'd say it's quite likely we'll see new IPs from Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games and Ready at Dawn, and something from the Naughty Dog Uncharted team. We've also been promised gameplay from Destiny and something Final Fantasy. And that's not counting any surprises... Bethesda games were notable absent from the Microsoft conference, weren't they?

#33 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

@blacklagoon: Call of Duty was also missing from MS' conference. But... I don't know. I just have this fear that it'll be REAL underwhelming, but I really hope the feeling proves to be absurd. They do have some cool games to show, so I'm still hoping for a cool conference.

#34 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

The E3 Expo site seems to indicate that the Sony conference is 2 hours long. I can't imagine it will be much longer than that.

#35 Edited by RonGalaxy (3103 posts) -

Sorry yall, it's 2 hours (6-8 PDT). The e3 banner thread screwed me up.

Edit: Not the mods fault, I'm (apparently) dyslexic and misread the 9 est time as being the end of the show. Now I feel silly

#36 Posted by BlackLagoon (1407 posts) -

@fluxwavez: They already showed Call of Duty at the reveal last month, so I don't think there would have been much point in trotting Infinity Ward out again. There seems to have been a certain expectation of Fallout 4 getting announced today though, and now there's not a whole lot of options left.

#37 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Finally, it's time for the main course <3 Don't you dare disappoint, Sony!

I wouldn't expect as much, but it'd make for a neat surprise if The Evil Within were to show up at Sony's conference. Wonder if they'll announce what the other not-Last of Us Naughty Dog team have been up to least.

There was already a hands on of that on game trailers so it might not.

#38 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Sony wins the banner wars, but Ubi already won the press conference wars.

#39 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4193 posts) -

3 hour Sony conference: So.. bricks are nice.

#40 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Oh god that banner is amazing. Kudos to @face15.

#41 Edited by Brackynews (4060 posts) -

Jack Tretton is still a trett.

... what? >_>

#42 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

The hype... can't take it...

Moments away from announcing the $399 price point. MS will fold in 6 months after launch and have a $399 bundle.

#43 Edited by MarkM (288 posts) -

FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4 FALLOUT 4

I fucking wish.

#44 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

@markm said:

The hype... can't take it...

Moments away from announcing the $399 price point. MS will fold in 6 months after launch and have a $399 bundle.

This is good. Because I'm not paying 500 dollars for a new console. If Sony keeps their price low, MS will follow suit. Hopefully before release.

#45 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I'm extremely surprised that Sony has managed to keep the look of the console private all the way up to the presser. They normally leak information like a sieve leading up to E3.

#46 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

$500 dollars for a console. Xbox is gonna get 3DO'ed!

#47 Posted by ez123 (1956 posts) -

Almost there!! Bring them games and hopefully bring that free online too.

#48 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

1 dollar!

#49 Posted by Ramone (2961 posts) -

That guy in the glasses has one hell of a thousand yard stare going on.

#50 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

It is inconceivable that PS4 will not have a free online.