• 52 results
#1 Edited by bluesun (232 posts) -

I just hope Jeff plans bathroom breaks better this year... the ending last year was tense for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway, looking forward to it! I'm ill at the moment, so a intelligent conversation on games mixed in with witty observations and occasional buffoonery will be great in distracting me from the sickness.

I do wish the Lang Zone was in effect...

#2 Posted by Damodar (1375 posts) -

*watitng

Any idea if Jeff has said what time he plans to set off?

#3 Posted by bluesun (232 posts) -

About 8 to 9 hours from now, judging from Jeff's last tweet.

#4 Posted by McIntyre (1 posts) -

A good soul on Mixlr shared this:

We can listen to this while we wait.

#5 Edited by lovett01 (27 posts) -

cue 12 hours of Jeff

#6 Posted by forteexe21 (356 posts) -

Theyll first drive to an airport, right? I expect cops to be involved. Have to set the bar high.

#7 Edited by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

Vinny special guest pls

#8 Posted by makkuwata (23 posts) -
#9 Posted by Jesus_Phish (702 posts) -

@forteexe21: I think Jeff, Alex and at least one other, possible two others are driving the whole way from San Fran to LA. I think the rest of the Giant Bomb West guys are flying in, as are Vinny and Patrick.

#10 Edited by heckler (2 posts) -

Dan was confirmed as one of the two guests.

edit: Oh, thought you meant Danny. If you mean Ryckert; he said he wasn't attending. Could be hoax though, I suppose, however unlikely.

#11 Posted by forteexe21 (356 posts) -

@jesus_phish: They were talking in Mixlr about going to the airport but didn't say why. It could be as insignificant as returning Alex's rental car or mind-blowing as picking up Vinny as a guest.

#12 Posted by Obsurveyor (39 posts) -

I don't think it's going to be Vinny. I can't think of a reason to fly in to SFO instead of LAX. A long day of flights then a 6-8 hour drive after a week of driving? No way.

#13 Posted by razatron (27 posts) -

I can't wait for this!

#14 Posted by ZmillA (2269 posts) -

Oh man the ending to last year's drive stream was the best internet content ever.

#15 Posted by Duffyside (888 posts) -

@mcintyre:

Oh man, that's exactly why I came here, to beg you, Giant Bomb forums. Is there anyone who is going to archive today's stream for those of us who won't be able to catch it live? I humbly beg someone to take up this task, as E3 week can't start until I pretend I listened to Jeff and company drive to E3 as it happened.

I'm sure it will be archived on Jeff's mixlr eventually, but I'd really rather listen to it before the events themselves because, well, I'm neurotic like that.

#16 Posted by Scroll (594 posts) -
#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

Man, glad someone made a thread. I was beginning to think it was all a dream. I remember last year's drive was real fun to listen to on and off throughout the day. Somehow, one man talking about games while driving a car for half a day made for an insightful listen. I'm sure it'll be way better with Danny Alex, and mystery guest along for the ride.

#19 Posted by bluesun (232 posts) -

Alex it seems is fully prepared https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/475121742797488129

#20 Posted by Jackhole (372 posts) -

Man, glad someone made a thread. I was beginning to think it was all a dream. I remember last year's drive was real fun to listen to on and off throughout the day. Somehow, one man talking about games while driving a car for half a day made for an insightful listen. I'm sure it'll be way better with Danny Alex, and mystery guest along for the ride.

I think the mystery guest is Vinny. At the end of Alex and Jeff's car ride yesterday, there was talk of meeting Vinny at the airport.

#21 Posted by Aviar (427 posts) -

Vinny just tweeted and it sounds like he's ready for E3 but he didnt' state his location.

#22 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -
@jackhole said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

I think the mystery guest is Vinny. At the end of Alex and Jeff's car ride yesterday, there was talk of meeting Vinny at the airport.

#23 Posted by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -

@aviar said:

Vinny just tweeted and it sounds like he's ready for E3 but he didnt' state his location.

#24 Posted by bboymaestro (237 posts) -

I brought snack mix

#25 Posted by onarum (2066 posts) -

I shall listen to it while I play some M&B warband like I did last time, why M&B you ask? I have no idea... it's my go to game for reasons I cannot fully explain, 250 hrs and counting.

#26 Edited by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -
#27 Posted by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -

It begins!

#28 Edited by onarum (2066 posts) -

oh hey, look at all that healthy food stuffs.

#29 Posted by fisk0 (4037 posts) -
#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

Here we go duders. :D

Edit: All aboard the "Cuddle Shuttle"!

#31 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4714 posts) -

#CuddleShuttle

#32 Edited by bluesun (232 posts) -

#mysteryguest

#33 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

#Greg Kasavin confirmed!

#34 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Wow, Greg Kasavin is the new hire!!!!

#35 Edited by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -

Yay! Greg!

#36 Posted by DannyHibiki (147 posts) -
#37 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

Wow, Greg Kasavin is the new hire!!!!

Wait...what?

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -
#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -
#40 Edited by KaneRobot (1548 posts) -

Here's that interview with Johnny wilson (alleged piece of shit).

Thanks, will check that out later. Guy sounds like incredibly out of touch prick who was terrified of the future.

#42 Posted by onlineatron (165 posts) -

it's back

#43 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Those food items in Jeff's pack look like they'll make one shit bricks... after a week of congestion.

#44 Posted by Duffyside (888 posts) -
#45 Posted by Nightriff (5027 posts) -

@fattony12000: How's that archive coming my favorite duder on the site?

#46 Posted by bboymaestro (237 posts) -

I missed everything after them merging on the 5...was it good for you?

#47 Edited by AimlessAJ (23 posts) -

I set OBS to record the rest of the stream while I was away at a concert. Cutting out all the silent parts leaves the file at around 3 1/2 hours. If anyone wants the audio file I'll be posting it here in a few minutes once it's done rendering.

EDIT: I tried to get the file as small as possible but it's still 70MB: https://mega.co.nz/#!6UVFwR4b!sqbS4u1Ik1hPlt6nVBp-pYybp0dqKl8uMS0bWiJbPCQ

#48 Edited by RenegadeDoppelganger (407 posts) -

Jeff just uploaded both parts to his Mixlr showreel.

http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/showreel/the-e3-drive-for-2014

http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/showreel/the-e3-drive-for-2014-part-2/

#49 Posted by TJUK (97 posts) -

@aimlessaj: Top man! I wasn't able to listen to the full trip so thanks for this.

#50 Edited by benpicko (2005 posts) -

The music on this is 10/10 already

Except we did want to hear Benz Friendz and Look Ahead from Honest because they're better songs than Move That Dope and Look Ahead has beat of the year already