Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Congrats to @face15 for winning the Nintendo banner contest! This makes him the first person to win in this contest in three different years as he also won 2013 Sony and 2011 Nintendo. In 2nd place, just ONE point behind face15 was TheAdmin's Luigi banner. And, in 3rd place was aurahack's retro Wii U banner.

The Official E3 2014 Nintendo Press Conference Discussion

No Caption Provided

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Nintendo press conference. Only discussion of the Nintendo press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads. And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with the latest scores from your intramural cricket league.

Specific Announcements

No Caption Provided

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2014 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on how to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

If you know of any others, let me know!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Coafi
No Caption Provided

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Come on K Rool in Smash Brothers! Also Mother 3 Virtual Console would be really great.

Avatar image for lucassothegreat
LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LucassoTheGreat

Does anyone have any predictions for announcements? And when does the confrence take place?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for lucassothegreat
LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:
No Caption Provided

I love the extended ending of that bit after the evil smile, where he does a flip off that ramp and goes from looking sideways to a dead stare forward while you can't see him turn his head. Just, suddenly that death stare is straight forward.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to what they show of Pokemon. R/S/E was my favorite generation.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, Nintendo stuff is starting to leak and the conference is only one hour away.

@capum15 Luigi is such an evil bastard, I love it!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

Oh god, Nintendo stuff is starting to leak and the conference is only one hour away.

@capum15 Luigi is such an evil bastard, I love it!

Luckily I've kept myself away from seeing anything (except for that possible list of stuff, of which I only remember the Pokemon remakes). I only read the recaps for EA and Ubisoft that Rorie put up, saw Sony live and watched the MS archive without reading anything. It's enjoyable to go in blind to these things.

Also yeah, that Luigi meme is one of the few I really enjoy. I saw a 3~ minute compilation (with Ridin' Dirty as the song) and laughed quite a bit.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so close to justifying a purchase of a Wii U, there are just enough games out for it that I want to play and as my son gets older, he will probably enjoy the appeal of the Wii U than last gen or the PS4 consoles I own.

I hope for a few more games that make me want the system even more, whether that be a new Zelda or Mario, some first party game that wows be would be amazing.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Glad I'm not the only person dangerously close to picking up a Wii U. Depending on the Smash release date, I might pick one up today.

Also, I really need to get my priorities straight.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I BELIEVE IN REGGIE FILLS ANIME

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capum15
@ripelivejam said:

I BELIEVE IN REGGIE FILLS ANIME

As we all should.

That intro was something. Something wonderful.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BisonHero

Satoru Iwata is E. Honda. It all makes sense now.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Out of all the bomb banners, you picked this instead of one of the circular logos?

Erm, anyway, this 'conference' is great.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ripelivejam

is mario a wizard?

e: love you jeff but can you turn the snark down JUST a tad?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid. Please announce a new Metroid.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Capum15

Alex gonna stab someone if he keeps ragging on Yoshi's Epic Yarn Woolly World.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeff sounds like he's dying lmao

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That zelda game is probably going to make me buy a Wii U.

Also, yes, Pokemom! That did all the right things for me.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shit, Bayonetta 1 coming to WiiU? I'm down. Good on Nintendo and Platinum for making that happen.

edit: No true form Midna in Hyrule Warriors? Fuck that noise.

edit2: Splatoon actually looks/sounds pretty damn fun. I like shootin dudes and everything, but something different would be nice. This looks like that something different.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, I never thought I would want a Wii U. But then this stuff happens. That Zelda, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8...

And yeah, I am unabashedly going to buy both of those fucking Pokemon games.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much everything's been for wii u so far (as it should be)

too bad ninty is basically doing all of it on their own now...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Splatoon encapsulates Nintendo's current position perfectly. Probably amazing to play. Quite certainly doomed to fail.

That said, that Zelda teaser has me excited. They might just win me over yet!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, there were some pretty good things in that. Between Nintendo, MS and Sony, I'm excited for video games, guys.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say that was a pretty strong showing from Nintendo. Super excited for Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Splatoon was a really awesome surprise. That new Zelda looked fucking incredible and might actually get me to give a shit about Zelda again. Bravo, Nintendo. Bravo.

But no new Metroid so overall they get an F grade for this year's E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star....fox...

Star...fox...

Gotta....have...faith...

It's.........happening....

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a fantastic showing. The staff were very snarky and negative on so much of it, but I thought it was mostly very exciting stuff.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nightriff

It was really good, Hyrule Warriors seemed like dumb fun, Zelda looked great and I want to see more. Lots of nice things from Nintendo.

EDIT: Yoshi Epic Yarn and that Kirby draw path games looked awesome as well.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fuck yeeeeeees, customizable Smash Bros. movesets, Bayonetta 1 on Wii U, new Zelda game that looks incredible, Mario Maker, fuck everything this was the best E3 announcement thing yet.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By JJOR64

NINTENDO WINS E3 IS OVER

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15 said:
@themanwithnoplan said:

Oh god, I never thought I would want a Wii U. But then this stuff happens. That Zelda, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8...

And yeah, I am unabashedly going to buy both of those fucking Pokemon games.

Yeah, there's been some good stuff so far, but a new Zelda is the tipping point to get me to buy one.

I'll also probably buy both of the those Pokemon games.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was fan fucking tastic. Good on Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo won E3. Holy crap they delivered so hard.

EVERYTHING is 2015 though. :(.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

This was the best, hands down.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: I just spent so much time with Sapphire and Emerald, hundreds of hours, and now that I can go back into those with them looking like X and Y? It's just fantastic. Granted I would love for them to remake the third damn games in the bunches but they never seem to do that.

So many games over all the conferences that I want now. I somehow need infinite time and money.

perethorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Star Fox and Zelda are back!

They just need to announce Metroid and F-Zero, come on, give us the relief.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I really couldn't care less about what Nintendo has been doing lately, Splatoon looks cool and I'm sure I'll pick up Smash Brothers eventually but the only Wii U game I care about at this point is Hyrule Warriors. The 3DS is looking grim as well, Pokemon and Theatrhythm being the only two games I'm interested in.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topsteer said:

Man, I really couldn't care less about what Nintendo has been doing lately, Splatoon looks cool and I'm sure I'll pick up Smash Brothers eventually but the only Wii U game I care about at this point is Hyrule Warriors. The 3DS is looking grim as well, Pokemon and Theatrhythm being the only two games I'm interested in.

Wow, talk about unpopular opinions, your'e the only person I've ever heard of that only cares about Hyrule Warriors!

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But for the 3DS they know that they got an instal base and they will pimp their new games with Nintendo Directs, they tend to announce game kinda near to their releases now.

(We knew about tomodachi life... like 2 months ago? And it's out now.)

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Just backtracked to the beginning of the stream that I missed, and how did the crew not erupt in cheers at the Reggie and Iwata fight? It was amazing. That looked like just the kind of dumb I would expect them to appreciate.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo showed a lot of interesting stuff, but Splatoon stole the show for me. 2015 is shaping up to be a solid year for the Wii U.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By topsteer

@counterclockwork87: I know I'm in the minority but I just don't care about most of the games that Nintendo makes. Fire Emblem and Pokemon are the only ones I love and the rest range from being okay to total indifference.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Really enjoyed Nintendo though I wish they weren't spreading announcements around more livestreams throughout the conference, I'd rather hear it all (or most of it) in one go. It helps build a tone when you can shove more games and good will in one video or press conference rather than sprinkle it throughout.

I would like to know more about those NFC figures, the amiibos, and how they'll be apart of the games they mentioned. Will they be required? Will content me locked without one of those? Or are they merely add-ons that have little impact on the actual game?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

Toadally digging all the nonsense from Nintendo. At the moment, I think I'm more excited about Nintendo stuff than any other... Which is crazy.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo's was okay. Nothing truly blew me away, and it's disappointing Star Fox didn't get shown off in their video. That, and all of their big Wii U games are coming in 2015 except Smash Bros and Bayonetta.

On the plus side, the inclusion of the original Bayonetta in Bayonetta 2 has sold me on the game.

Overall, I think MS had the best showing, followed closely by Nintendo.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Metroid and most games coming next year. I don't know man. Splatoons looked pretty fun.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZELDA!!!!!