Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Congrats to @zzombie13 for winning the first ever Bethesda banner vote. In second was gnomeonfire and then prexxuss, aurahack, and b0nd07 tied for third.

The Official E3 2015 Bethesda Press Conference Discussion

No Caption Provided

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Bethesda press conference. Only discussion of the Bethesda press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted). And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your thoughts on who just won the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Specific Announcements

Reunited and it feels so good. Adam & Morgan are hosting the pre-show and post-show.
Reunited and it feels so good. Adam & Morgan are hosting the pre-show and post-show.

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2015 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

When/Where Can I Watch?

• Sunday, June 14 @ 7:00 PM PDT - Dolby Theatre (Local Time)

If you know of any others, let me know!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Wow, thanks. :)

Woo-Hoo!

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's go, pal.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

HYPU!!!!!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

Game of Thrones season finale and then this! Tonight is going to be a good night!!

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

GET HYPED! I can't wait to see some more Fallout 4!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones season finale and then this! Tonight is going to be a good night!!

You said it, gonna watch this first, then going to catch the repeat of Game of Thrones and all of the Sunday HBO shows really, going to be a fun ass night.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

@zolroyce said:
@citizenkane said:

You said it, gonna watch this first, then going to catch the repeat of Game of Thrones and all of the Sunday HBO shows really, going to be a fun ass night.

Luckily the Bethesda's press conference starts right after Game of Thrones. A fun night indeed!

Valhallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sorry, but where is the stream of them talking over the Bethesda conference? I can't find it anywhere on the site.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on giantbomb.com/chat but it's just the gamespot stream right now. Anyone actually getting the duders?

Metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/ just gamespot atm...

Assirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, it seems that part is broken.
Same for the chat which worked 100% fine during the mario thing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You know, just once I'd like one of these things to start on time.

I mean the press conference, not whatever weirdness this site is doing.

NedyahWerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Thanks for the post with links....this will be one I can actually watch live....may need to get stealthy tomorrow at work to watch the others.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxkm4ELydrc

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Hm, Doom 4 is looking good, but Shadow Warrior 2013 still seems like the better demon-killing FPS...

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Wolfenstein and played a ton of DOOM in the 90s but this reboot looks pretty lame to me.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this battlecry game just looks bad

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BeachThunder

Woo :D Dishonored 2.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored 2 looks awesome, it's pretty cool that you get to play as Emily.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4 hype!

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nekusakuraba: OH, that's who that is? Well that makes it far more interesting.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Fallout 4 segment is horrible :|

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OH THANK GOD THEY KEPT STATS IN

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmed: events transpiring!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4 looks awesome, I'm glad that the dog is playing a bigger role as well.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I suppose we need to wait until Fallout 5 to get some good animation...

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interested in seeing more combat, but man does Fallout 4 look great.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BeachThunder

Ha, the Fallout sim looks a lot more interesting than Fallout 4.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

The world of Fallout is off the rails now. Hot diggity dang.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strife777

Wow. Wowowow. Excited about Doom, excited about Dishonored. Extremely pumped about everything Fallout.

Good start to E3 for sure.

Edit: I want that damn iOS game now! Hurry up, appstore! *Sigh* Who am I kidding, it's the Canadian appstore. I probably won't get it tonight :/

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Dang, a nice, tight press conference. All of those games seem alright!

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a throbbing Fallout erection.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I like Peace Walker so building my own settlement is great. Can't wait to get into that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By jakob187

Staged CG demo of Doom just looked like Call of Duty with a Doom overlay. They talked big game from the last Quakecon about how they were getting back to their roots of Doom and Doom II with a higher enemy count, more twitch gameplay, more run 'n' gun. Why show off a staged CG demo like that where you are moving slow as dirt? I mean, I get it - it's for the investors and retailers that are checking it out. However, all I saw were a bunch of canned context-sensitive executions in a stretch-of-an-engine setup that didn't show anything that reminded me of the old days of Doom.

I'm really fucked saddened by it. I'm hoping that someone with a tutelage in Doom gets a hands-on at E3 to confirm that the game DOES look that goddamn good at 60fps, and that the game DOES feel like an old school Doom game. @brad, please tell me you've got this on lock, man. I know you know your shit when it comes to Doom.

With all that said, Fallout 4 looks dope as fuck, but this Bethesda.net business can fuck right off.

HomeboyFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HomeboyFlux

For anyone curious, the Doom single player gameplay demos were pretty close to identical to the two that were shown at QuakeCon 2014. The differences I noticed (and remember) were that in this demo there were more animations when the player picked up the different weapons along with the different weapons themselves. (The rocket launcher, BFG, and heavy assault rife were not shown prior, the second demo just ended with the large demon screaming and a close up zoom shot on it's face, no BFG charging up a big green pulse of straight up "go fuck yourself") Other than that this demo had a pretty decent graphical upgrade, (I remember thinking some of the textures might have been stand ins which is why I assumed Bethesda "wasn't comfortable" to show it to anyone except for their "most die hard fans" who just so happen to live around Dallas and were lucky enough to have the day off) Also the second demo taking place in Hell was shown at QuakeCon with the exception that Hell wasn't Hell. The main area where the action was taking place (where the player climbed up and on the different rock structures) was identical in layout however it was created out of a mishmash of generic space ship textures, walls, and a couple of items. Looking back in hindsight it now seems weird to have that exact room on a ship; a large pillered room perfect for strafing in circles while unloading clips just felt off. Other than that, I want to say that the QuakeCon demo had a faster movement speed but I could be wrong, homeboy demoing might not have had the same urge to slap tap dat sprint button as much as the last dude, or as much as I do for that matter. And it's also been a year since I last saw it, shit happens.

While I didn't expect Doom to come out this year I was really thinking that they would close out the Doom portion with a date announcement for that Wolfenstein pack-in beta that's been collecting dust since May. Oh well, overall the conference was pretty dope, Fallout 4 looks fucking rad and I am totally getting that dumb fucking plastic Pip-Boy and will wear it to any and all social gathering I attend.

Also, Hearthstone who? Am I right?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Good start. Hoping the other press conferences keep up the pace.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BisonHero

Is Fallout Shelter U.S.-only or something? I'm calling bullshit on the websites saying it is out now.

Edit: Nevermind, my problem was that I just typed in "Fallout", and it was literally nowhere in the results, so I had to type in "Fallout Shelter" explicitly for it to come up.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FALLOUT 4 LOOKS DOPE

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Well I'm a little bummed that FALLOUT SHELTER seems to be an iOS only game for now, but I can't say it's surprising. So far the range of tablets running Android is so different, it would probably be a lot more difficult to make an Android version.

All that said, I really hope it makes it's way to PC at some point. I'd like to try it out, but not enough to buy an iPad.

Other than that, I'm super excited to play Fallout 4 and Dishonored looked fantastic. I've never been the biggest Doom player, but I'll probably get this new one when it comes out. Looks pretty sweet. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: They confirmed on Twitter that an Android version is in the works.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: They confirmed on Twitter that an Android version is in the works.

Oh cool, I guess I missed that. Thank you so much for letting me know. :)

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder why dev's keep shitting on android? It's not 2006 anymore, IOS sucks.

Was not expecting to be hyped about anything, but Fallout 4 really made a good impression. Hopefully it'll be a much better game than 3 and i can finally get into it.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By ht101

I'm watching the guys react to the press conference but I won't finish it until later today. The demo for Doom looks really good but the over-top-violence is weird to me. Maybe I just don't care about games that are like that anymore but the demo did nothing for me. I'll update this after I make it further into the briefing.

EDIT: After finishing the press conference, all of the stuff they are bringing out looks really cool. This was the year for them to have one of these and they did a great job of keeping it moving.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, a nice, tight press conference.

Exactly, it was so clean and arousing.

@jakob187 said:

Why show off a staged CG demo like that where you are moving slow as dirt? I mean, I get it - it's for the investors and retailers that are checking it out. However, all I saw were a bunch of canned context-sensitive executions in a stretch-of-an-engine setup that didn't show anything that reminded me of the old days of Doom.

I won't pretend to be all about Doom, last time I played it was when I was a kid in the late 90s (tried D3 for 1 hour and uninstalled it), BUT I shared your impression during the demo UNTIL the final battle they showed. The pace got fast, the player got twitchy, the arena got wider than the beginning of the demo, the monsters started multiplying and diversifying... and then the rocket launchers and BFG came out!

So what I'm asking is didn't your impression change when they showed the last bit?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@terminatorz: The minute I realize it was a staged CG demo, I stopped giving a shit. The last part also didn't impress me at all, because the very last part was what I'm assuming was supposed to be a Cyberdemon, but instead looked like a disappointing attempt to make a Cyberdemon for this generation of consoles.

I'm not saying I won't give the game a shot. I'm saying the "demo" they showed was fucking horseshit, and it did nothing but give me disdain for something that I greatly love.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers