JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JBird

Duders,

I need advice! Last night was a disaster. I'm in the UK and had my alarm set for the 2.30am Bethesda conference, but I was gone! I loaded up the stream, instantly fell asleep again and woke up half way through dishonoured 2, confused and with a hell of a pain in my neck!

Last night can be written off as a practice run for the main event tonight, but what are your tips for powering through? Maybe I need to stop being so 'responsible' and trying to sleep so I can function at work. My current strategy is zero sleep and survive Tuesday on coffee.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jbird said:

Duders,

I need advice! Last night was a disaster. I'm in the UK and had my alarm set for the 2.30am Bethesda conference, but I was gone! I loaded up the stream, instantly fell asleep again and woke up half way through dishonoured 2, confused and with a hell of a pain in my neck!

Last night can be written off as a practice run for the main event tonight, but what are your tips for powering through? Maybe I need to stop being so 'responsible' and trying to sleep so I can function at work. My current strategy is zero sleep and survive Tuesday on coffee.

I plan ahead and take off work for a few days. If not that, you can always take a nap early in the day. Actual stay awake tips:

Keep the lights on.

Sing songs you know all the words to.

Eat something, or chew some gum.

Whenever you feel yourself getting sleeply, play a video game that requires constant split-second reaction times. I suggest One Finger Death Punch.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sony conference is on an hour earlier than Bethesda's was last night so it's not as bad. Just stay awake. Don't try and go to sleep and wake up for it if you want to watch it, just find something to do to keep your mind active between Ubisoft and Sony.

If you need a list of ideas, here are things that might help

• Take a shower to wake yourself up
  • Avoid caffeine all day if you like it so that if you decide you need some towards the end of the night, it'll have an effect on you rather than not do anything
  • Instead of caffeine though just drink plenty of water.
  • Play a game while you wait to keep your brain engaged.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not staying up for Sony's. 2am's about as late as I get.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best tip I can give is go to sleep and watch an archive.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you watching them vanilla or with the GB crew talking over it? I'd watch with the crew talking over them as it makes them 100% more interesting to sit through. If that's not the issue, i would honestly just wait s it'll be archived some where by the time you wake up.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Power naps and ice cream!

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Arch Chive
Arch Chive

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the same with the archive! Cheers for the tips! Not that it matters though, just got hit with a bullshit project at work so I'll be arriving home just in time for Sony to start! Would be during bloody E3 week!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fuck up your sleep schedule so badly that you go to sleep at 4am most nights. Don't stay up, it's not worth being exhausted the next day.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rahf

@jbird Forgive this non-solution to your predicament, but I agree with @avantegardener that hopping on the site and immediately popping onto the relevant video worked for me. The only thing missing was the ever scrolling chat text filled with inane text--to a lesser degree thanks to Giant Bomb, but still pointless on the whole. Most importantly, it doesn't impede your daily activities and still allows you to join the discussion on the forums.