Even have a 1TB hybrid and takes it sweet time

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Oh yeah this game comes out. Heh wonder how quick EA will patch not having current Bantamweight Champion TJ Dillshaw in the game.

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@i_stay_puft: theres quite a few notables not in it Josh Barnett being one. I have read that they will have free downloadable characters but there is an option for buying characters by the looks of it.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It isn't really just installing, it is the play as you download deal. Same thing with Watch Dogs. It is still downloading and installing the rest of the game, the initial download was the core of the game and the 4 fighters available. I can't wait for pre-loading to kick off so this concept can be put to bed.

Played a couple matches at Normal with normal time and the game was much better than the demo in my opinion, less strike heavy and more focus on managing stamina.

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella: very true but as i played a few matches it looked as if the collison detection was way off they were acting as if they got hit but they were no where near their face.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hoping we get a Quick Look of this tomorrow, but I'm guessing not.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By gaminghooligan

Big question. How is it? I can't find a major games site with any kind of review (maybe e3/embargo) and seeing how this is EA I'm a little hesitant to pick up my preorder.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some reviews out there. I think the game is floating around the 70's area on Metacritic, if you care about that sort of thing. Some high scores, some lower ones.

Embargo should be up already though, so no idea why we haven't seen any reviews. Jeff's on vacation I think, which is why I'm guessing no Quick Look, but I've seen other reviewers mention it on Twitter, but nothing yet.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By handlas

So it finished installing for you though?

I downloaded and installed (i thought) the game while I was at work. Thats a good 8+ hours. I come home and play and I see ingame that it has at the bottom "installing" at "64%". I gave it almost an hour and it never moved. At that point you can't do many of the game modes and only 4 fighters are selectable.

So I ended up deleting the game and trying to redownload it. Really a shame... wanted to play tonight.

As for the reviews, not bad. But it seems unfair to compare the first iteration (unless you count EA MMA) of a game with the 3rd iteration of THQ's game (Undisputed). Seemed like the 3rd Undisputed was just adding whatever else they could think of because they had already pretty much set how they wanted the gameplay to be. I did love Pride mode though.

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By doerr007

@handlas: Yeah it worked for me. As for the game I would say that It is an alright first entry and if they do go with the every 2 year release plan that I heard than the next one will be great.

mrtaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks nice and plays fine. just make sure you know how to play before going online or the ground game will ruin your fun. i like it as an overall game but there is couple people missing from the roster.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kishinfoulux

@mrtaste said:

It looks nice and plays fine. just make sure you know how to play before going online or the ground game will ruin your fun. i like it as an overall game but there is couple people missing from the roster.

How's the career mode? And also I could be wrong, but I think EA already has like 3 fighter DLC packs coming. Even better I believe they are free. Again could be wrong on that.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this will be bad enough to force them to make a new fight night

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By handlas

@kishinfoulux said:

@mrtaste said:

How's the career mode? And also I could be wrong, but I think EA already has like 3 fighter DLC packs coming. Even better I believe they are free. Again could be wrong on that.

Where ya hear they are free? I question that because on the PS Blog there is already DLC listed. Bruce Lee (which, obviously is a preorder bonus as well) and Royce Gracie. Both which cost money. Not only that... Bruce Lee is being sold for money for each individual weight class he is in or a "bundle" for him in multiple weight classes. That's pretty damn dumb.

Of course there will be other DLC. Diego Sanchez said in an interview that he was bummed because he is a DLC fighter and not in the main game.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kishinfoulux

@handlas said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@mrtaste said:

Where ya hear they are free? I question that because on the PS Blog there is already DLC listed. Bruce Lee (which, obviously is a preorder bonus as well) and Royce Gracie. Both which cost money. Not only that... Bruce Lee is being sold for money for each individual weight class he is in or a "bundle" for him in multiple weight classes. That's pretty damn dumb.

Of course there will be other DLC. Diego Sanchez said in an interview that he was bummed because he is a DLC fighter and not in the main game.

Saw it on Twitter and also found it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC/comments/27my74/for_fans_asking_about_the_roster_and_dlc/