2 different concepts that have the same name

felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By felixlighter

I submitted a request to add Party System as a concept.  Sometime between submitting my request and a moderator reviewing it, another article was created under the name Party System but it was not the same concept I was referring to.  The article created referred to the party system typically included in RPGs.  I was referring to the online multiplayer interface that allows players to group and "travel" from match to match together.  My submission may have been rejected simply because it wasn't deemed worthy or possibly because an article for Party System already existed. I was wondering if there has been any consideration of how to handle articles discussing different ideas but under the same name.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm sure there is another name you could call it. In your example you could maybe call it an "Online Party System" or something like that.

felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By felixlighter

That seems like a reasonable compromise but I think I'll hold off on submitting anything until they get things under control.  I already have 2 other submissions that I know will be rejected, one was my mistake and the other submission was made well before the article existed but it's out there now.  I wish I was able to retract those submissions before a moderator wastes their time.  That big red rejected message can be a bit discouraging.