A couple questions...

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

I guess these questions are more for the wiki mods than the users.

First question: The two games Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet and Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt; could I just use the same description for Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt on each page (I've already written separate ones, but the first one has a little bit more information than the second one)?

Second question: This character page (Flea) copies what I typed for Flea's description in the Chrono Trigger page. Do the same standards for plagiarizing from other sites apply here?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

For the second question, I think it's alright since it's taken from this site but, that's just me.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
JJOR64 said:
"For the second question, I think it's alright since it's taken from this site but, that's just me."
Yeah, I thought it was fine too. I would like to redo Flea's page, though, with more information (as what I wrote on the Chrono Trigger page was merely a brief description).
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64
StarFoxA said:
"JJOR64 said:
"For the second question, I think it's alright since it's taken from this site but, that's just me."
Yeah, I thought it was fine too. I would like to redo Flea's page, though, with more information (as what I wrote on the Chrono Trigger page was merely a brief description)."
I say go for it.  If you can make it more detailed, that's awesome.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
JJOR64 said:
"StarFoxA said:
"JJOR64 said:
Yeah, I thought it was fine too. I would like to redo Flea's page, though, with more information (as what I wrote on the Chrono Trigger page was merely a brief description)."
I say go for it.  If you can make it more detailed, that's awesome."
Haha, I have a really long list of stuff I want to do to make pages more detailed.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJOR64
StarFoxA said:
"JJOR64 said:
"StarFoxA said:
"JJOR64 said:
I say go for it.  If you can make it more detailed, that's awesome."
Haha, I have a really long list of stuff I want to do to make pages more detailed."
Go for it I say.  The more detailed pages are, the better Giant Bomb gets.  I really want to use Giant Bomb instead of Wikipeida if I can.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

I think as long as you're not copying entire articles, it should be fine.

Justin_Case

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Justin_Case
StarFoxA said:
"I guess these questions are more for the wiki mods than the users.

First question: The two games Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet and Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt; could I just use the same description for Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt on each page (I've already written separate ones, but the first one has a little bit more information than the second one)?

Second question: This character page (Flea) copies what I typed for Flea's description in the Chrono Trigger page. Do the same standards for plagiarizing from other sites apply here?"
Copying any content ad verbatim from any other source, including articles on Giant Bomb itself, falls under plagiarism. When you find there are notable difficulties in describing certain subjects multiple times, please consider rough paraphrasing an option.

In addition, please keep character descriptions on game pages concise, as those are not the main focus of those articles.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StarFoxA
Justin_Case said:
"StarFoxA said:
"I guess these questions are more for the wiki mods than the users.

Second question: This character page (Flea) copies what I typed for Flea's description in the Chrono Trigger page. Do the same standards for plagiarizing from other sites apply here?"
Copying any content ad verbatim from any other source, including articles on Giant Bomb itself, falls under plagiarism. When you find there are notable difficulties in describing certain subjects multiple times, please consider rough paraphrasing an option.In addition, please keep character descriptions on game pages concise, as those are not the main focus of those articles."
I tried to keep the character descriptions to appearances in the game, abilities in the game, etc. In a character article, I would talk more about their personality, appearances in other games, etc. That's fine, right?
Justin_Case

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Justin_Case

A perfectly fine approach. To clarify, concise is a more superfluous term in that regard. If you strongly feel certain facts are of enough significance for the game page, do not feel discouraged to expand the character descriptions.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StarFoxA

Alright, thanks for answering my questions.