Adding Header Images to wiki pages.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

I remember Dave talking about being able to set a header or background image for each page and that the people who had the highest wiki points for said pages would get to set those pictures. So my questions....

• Even if you are a top contributor for a wiki page do you still have to have a wiki point threshold to be able to edit it?
  • Where do you go to actually do this if the prerequisites are met?
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

I'm the top contributor for the Persona 4: Golden page, and it will not allow me to edit the header image on that page (I have 700-ish points as opposed to the 1000 point threshold).

If you want to change the image, go to the galleries, hit "edit tags", click on an image and, if you have enough points, a "make bg" button should appear in the bottom-left corner.

Alo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

What is the point prerequisite? I've done some editing in the past so I've got a fair amount of points I think. I like to take high res screenshots that I think would work great as header images, and I'd like to try one out.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Alo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alo81

@dungbootle: Yeesh. That's a little excessive. So does that basically mean that smaller games are basically exempt from having header images, unless you can find a way to dig in and make some REALLY expansive explanations on a really basic premise?

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Surely if there is no header image at all, anyone with live edit privalages can choose one then later be overruled by someone with more points should it come to it. Right now there are loads of pages that could be tarted up with nice header art but not enough people can actually effect the change because of the bottleneck.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That seems really over the top. I feel like getting a banner on every page should be the priority.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah 1000 on a page is kinda crazy for bg privilege. It makes pages look really good, so only saving it for the handful(?) of pages with a user with over 1000 on that page alone seems silly. I guess people can just ask the mods to set it, but that's gonna be a tonne more work for them.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Anyone know the pixel size of the game and profile page headers?

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@smashecontrollers: It's not a specific size. It dynamically changes depending on the screen resolution. Same page on phones, tablets and PCs and all that.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1000 points is a little much. There's not much more that can be said about Tokyo Jungle without making a table of every clothing item in the game, and that game definitely deserves a header image.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Vexxan

Hopefully they make it so that whoever has the most points on a page can change the background unless there are several people above 1000 points, then all of them are able to change it.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

@vexxan said:

Hopefully they make it so that whoever has the most points on a page can change the background unless there are several people above 1000 points, then all of the are able to change it.

This makes the most sense, or at least lower the threshold to 500 or something. I've done some really heavy editing on a bunch of pages, but only have over 1000 on 2 of them.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

I'll make a thread in the Editing & Tools forums where users can request header images for a page. I toyed around with different header images in the beta site and it looks really cool if you can get the right image.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@vexxan said:

Hopefully they make it so that whoever has the most points on a page can change the background unless there are several people above 1000 points, then all of the are able to change it.

This makes the most sense, or at least lower the threshold to 500 or something. I've done some really heavy editing on a bunch of pages, but only have over 1000 on 2 of them.

I have at least 1000 points on seven or eight pages. It's perfectly doable. The ability to set a background image is just granted to anyone that dedicates a lot of time to editing a specific page.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Anyone know how to change the cover for a game page with the new site?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@forcen: In a game's image gallery click 'edit tag's in the top-right corner (below the header image) , then click the image you want and select 'make default'.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mracoon: Is this also restricted to people who have 1000 points on the specific page they want to change the image for?

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walkerd: A user needs to have 5000 points overall, not on a per page basis, to change the default (not header) image for a page. 1000 per page for a header.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers