Aliases?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

Apparently, I can edit aliases for concepts. Nothing else. Is this a glitch, or is the ability to add aliases being re-implemented?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

The ability to add aliases to objects and concepts was introduced when the redesign launched. I assume they forgot to make it a mod-only field.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
LordAndrew said:
"The ability to add aliases to objects and concepts was introduced when the redesign launched. I assume they forgot to make it a mod-only field."
I think that the ability to add aliases needs to be re-implemented for users. At least maybe have a point barrier.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
StarFoxA said:
"LordAndrew said:
"The ability to add aliases to objects and concepts was introduced when the redesign launched. I assume they forgot to make it a mod-only field."
I think that the ability to add aliases needs to be re-implemented for users. At least maybe have a point barrier."
I agree. Maybe 5K or 10K points for aliases, maybe even higher. I can see why they have them locked away, because they don't want the search system to get cluttered up with unneeded aliases, but high points users can be trusted with it.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
MattyFTM said:
"StarFoxA said:
"LordAndrew said:
I think that the ability to add aliases needs to be re-implemented for users. At least maybe have a point barrier."
I agree. Maybe 5K or 10K points for aliases, maybe even higher. I can see why they have them locked away, because they don't want the search system to get cluttered up with unneeded aliases, but high points users should be able to do it."
Exactly. By then, users have likely proved their worth to the site.