#1 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

can you please name some multiplatform games (ps3 and 360) which are better on one console rather than the other due to any reasons

#2 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

most are pretty much the same. though, GTA4 looks a little bit better on the ps3. the ps3 version looks a bit more realistic and the 360 version looks a bit cartoony, like most of its games.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

Why is this in the Editing & Tools board?

#4 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

fallout 3 is better on 360 than playstation 3, due to technical problems with the PS3 version. Bethesda must have some crappy quality control if the let the PS3 version get through to retail, i heard a rumor that MS paid off Bathesda to fuck the PS3 version up, don't know if its true or not

#5 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -
eclipsesis said:
"fallout 3 is better on 360 than playstation 3, due to technical problems with the PS3 version. Bethesda must have some crappy quality control if the let the PS3 version get through to retail, i heard a rumor that MS paid off Bathesda to fuck the PS3 version up, don't know if its true or not"

not true
#6 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"eclipsesis said:
"fallout 3 is better on 360 than playstation 3, due to technical problems with the PS3 version. Bethesda must have some crappy quality control if the let the PS3 version get through to retail, i heard a rumor that MS paid off Bathesda to fuck the PS3 version up, don't know if its true or not"
not true"

i thought it would be
#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Burnout Paradise has less framerate chops on PS3 than 360.

LiveOrDie1212 said:

"most are pretty much the same. though, GTA4 looks a little bit better on the ps3. the ps3 version looks a bit more realistic and the 360 version looks a bit cartoony, like most of its games."
GTA4 has a slightly better framerate on 360, runs at a higher resolution and higher image quality levels on 360.  The only difference is there's some crazy shaders in the 360 version which relates visual resolution to the screen as if it were running at a lower resolution, it's kind of a 'watercolor' effect, as you stated.
#8 Posted by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

pretty much every multiplatform game looks and runs better on the 360.  

#9 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -
flawless2c said:
"pretty much every multiplatform game looks and runs better on the 360.   "

ummm...no dude.
#10 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -
flawless2c said:
"pretty much every multiplatform game looks and runs better on the 360.   "

stop blowing smoke up your own asshole
#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14395 posts) -

Any multiplat game will be slightly different on one console to another, but the differences are usually so small that they are unnoticable unless you look at a really detailed side-by-side comparisson.

#12 Posted by Xeiphyer (5605 posts) -

This topic needs to be moved for sure, its in the wrong place.

I would say its 50-50ish, generally it doesn't matter.
Since almost every game is developed on the 360 then tweaked to run properly on the PS3 as well, (this is because the PS3 tools are "Hard to work with") while not true for every game this is generally the case, occasionally the PS3 version can suffer from a minor bug or slightly worse graphics because of this. Just the same there are some games that are better on the PS3 because the bluray disc provides more space and thus no compressed data, also mandatory installs on some PS3 games can cause noticeably reduced load times. Of course the 360 now as optional full-disc installs as well, but this is only helpful if you have a large harddrive to hold the entire game as it is around 6gb.

Either way, games are almost identically similar between platforms, and if there is any minor glitch in one version of the game, a patch usually comes out to fix it.
So what it comes down to is: Do you want to listen to your own music during the game because that is currently an xbox 360 only feature (unless the game developers include the option in the game specifically)
Also, do you want to install the entire game to your harddrive? This is only good if you have a large harddrive with atleast 6-7gb of space, You are more likely to have space on your PS3 as the only available models are 80gb and 160gb (in some places), however you cannot manually install PS3 games, but most big name games will force an install at startup to reduce loadtimes.

So I would say, who cares? Prettymuch. Read game reviews and check the forums before you buy a game, if there is anything wrong you will find out about it.

Also, If your looking to play a certain game online a bunch, the 360 has better matchmaking for almost every game, Although some PS3 games are just as good, generally you are going to get better online service with Microsoft, the catch is the $60/year membership price.

Cheers

#13 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@LiveOrDie1212 said:
" most are pretty much the same. though, GTA4 looks a little bit better on the ps3. the ps3 version looks a bit more realistic and the 360 version looks a bit cartoony, like most of its games. "
I'm going to have to disagree. I've seen side by side video comparisons and the 360 one definitely looked a little better.

Also, it's a good idea to check out Gamespot's graphics comparison features, where they pit 360 and PS3 games head to head. I don't know if they're still doing it, but in the first few features the 360 versions of games generally looked a little better. As ttime went on they were doing more features and the games were starting to look more equal across both platforms.
#14 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
"
@LiveOrDie1212 said:
" most are pretty much the same. though, GTA4 looks a little bit better on the ps3. the ps3 version looks a bit more realistic and the 360 version looks a bit cartoony, like most of its games. "
I'm going to have to disagree. I've seen side by side video comparisons and the 360 one definitely looked a little better.Also, it's a good idea to check out Gamespot's graphics comparison features, where they pit 360 and PS3 games head to head. I don't know if they're still doing it, but in the first few features the 360 versions of games generally looked a little better. As ttime went on they were doing more features and the games were starting to look more equal across both platforms. "
It has been written that gamespot is bias to 360... so point is irrelevant
#15 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@DuhQbnSiLo said:
"
@TheGreatGuero said:
"
@LiveOrDie1212 said:
I'm going to have to disagree. I've seen side by side video comparisons and the 360 one definitely looked a little better.Also, it's a good idea to check out Gamespot's graphics comparison features, where they pit 360 and PS3 games head to head. I don't know if they're still doing it, but in the first few features the 360 versions of games generally looked a little better. As ttime went on they were doing more features and the games were starting to look more equal across both platforms. "
It has been written that gamespot is bias to 360... so point is irrelevant "
your post totally reminded me of system wars.

boy, was your post stupid.
#16 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

Burnout Paradise is known to look a little better on PS3 

as well as Mirrors Edge. 
#17 Posted by berva (101 posts) -

Burnout Paradise and Mirrors Edge used the PS3 as the lead console during development.  No doubt these 2 look better on the PS3, but overall, most multi platform games look better and perform better on the 360.

#18 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Why does it matter? It usually depends on which platform was the lead, and if one version happens to be "superior" to the other you will almost never notice it unless you try. There are a few exceptions (Fallout 3 being the biggest), but honestly you will never notice the difference. I think that the 360 is the superior platform to play multi-plats on though, as it feels like the most "complete" platform. EVERY game has achievements. EVERY game supports custom soundtracks. Patches and updates also download significantly faster, and you have the OPTION of fully installing games to your HDD.

#19 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Why is this in the Editing & Tools board? "
1 year and 7 months later, and this comment is still relevant.