Can I add Box Art images from a Google Image Search?

cxhgrunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By cxhgrunt

I wanna add a new Release to

http://www.giantbomb.com/mashed-drive-to-survive/3030-14204/

of the UK PC version & the box art is different than any image on that page. I can grab something from a Google image search thats exactly right, but as the wiki is all about original content do I need to find a mate with a scanner?

A daft question from a newbie im sure, but the Wiki Faq seems oddly empty at the time of writing... :-)

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So long as there are no watermarks from other sites on it you should be ok, they don't expect you to hand paint every image.

billysea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just added a new game, but how do I add box art for it?

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

@billysea: If you haven't already managed it, and it looks like you may have, sometimes it's easier to learn how the image galleries work by starting on an existing page with a lot of spots filled already. As for assigning box art (and header backgrounds) to a front wiki page, that is a point-limited feature that you probably can't see yet.

@cxhgrunt: In this case original content refers to writing, and not to unwatermarked images like real box art and screenshots. To answer your question from another point of view, if you have a box that you can scan, or screenshot that you can capture in better quality than anything you can find online, go for it. Preserve away. Game historians will thank you.