#1 Posted by ignatz27 (24 posts) -

Probably a dumb question, but I'm writing my first one so it would be good to know.

#2 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

You can swear anywhere as long as it's not a thread/blog title. For example, you couldn't say "Can you fucking swear in blog posts?" Apart from that, swear away! For more forum related questions you should check out the Giant Bomb Forum Rules thread.

#3 Posted by ignatz27 (24 posts) -

Thanks man. I'm going to swear up a storm

#4 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@ignatz27: Enjoy it, on Giantbomb it's a right, not a privilege!

#5 Posted by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -

fuck no

#6 Edited by KatyGaGa (272 posts) -

does a bear shit on the pope in the woods?

#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14050 posts) -

@ignatz27: Racial and homophobic slurs are not okay, using swear words to insult another user is not okay, and swearing in thread titles are not okay. Outside of that, go nuts. When in doubt about the rules please check the rules document or just PM the mod team for a definitive answer.

Moderator
#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -

@Gamer_152: So where did the mod team end up falling on the whole Other F word thing? The rule actually reads more ambiguously than it used to to me.

#9 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Gamer_152: So where did the mod team end up falling on the whole Other F word thing? The rule actually reads more ambiguously than it used to to me.

Don't use it

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Gamer_152: So where did the mod team end up falling on the whole Other F word thing? The rule actually reads more ambiguously than it used to to me.

Don't use it

Okay but only because I choose not to. I can't be controlled!

#11 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Bocam said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Gamer_152: So where did the mod team end up falling on the whole Other F word thing? The rule actually reads more ambiguously than it used to to me.

Don't use it

Okay but only because I choose not to. I can't be controlled!

That's what the lizard men want you to think.

#12 Edited by Akyho (1584 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Gamer_152: So where did the mod team end up falling on the whole Other F word thing? The rule actually reads more ambiguously than it used to to me.

When it was said during a Live stream by Ryan, he immediately apologized on the stream. Then once off stream, apologized on twitter then in a post on the site. Since Ryan took it so hard and people were throwing the word around so much in all kinds of manner mostly bad. It has since been a bannable offense even if it is simply to acknowledge the existence of the word.

Wasn't at all acceptable before hand, however its discussion and the use was limited, it is now zero tolerance.

#13 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

You can swear anywhere as long as it's not a thread/blog title. For example, you couldn't say "Can you fucking swear in blog posts?" Apart from that, swear away! For more forum related questions you should check out the Giant Bomb Forum Rules thread.

Kind of a weird rule. If you see swearing in the thread title, you know the post might contain swearing. But if the thread title is "Which Megaman is the best?" and you click it and the first post is someone saying "Cunt dicklips fuck shit motherass." you're scarred for life.

#14 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

@ignatz27: using swear words to insult another user is not okay

Unless it's , then you can call him a cunt all you want!

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -

Fun fact: Comicvine does not allow swearing which has led to some Hunter5024's being embarrassed.

#16 Posted by DarthOrange (3811 posts) -

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@ignatz27: using swear words to insult another user is not okay

Unless it's , then you can call him a cunt all you want!

Actually no you can't. Trust me.

#17 Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@ignatz27: using swear words to insult another user is not okay

Unless it's , then you can call him a cunt all you want!

Actually no you can't. Trust me.

Actually, yoshimitz707 can. He earned it.

Moderator
#18 Posted by DarthOrange (3811 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@DarthOrange said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@ignatz27: using swear words to insult another user is not okay

Unless it's , then you can call him a cunt all you want!

Actually no you can't. Trust me.

Actually, yoshimitz707 can. He earned it.

Oops, I hadn't noticed he was a premium member. He has earned it :P

#19 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@Sweep said:

@DarthOrange said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@Gamer_152 said:

@ignatz27: using swear words to insult another user is not okay

Unless it's , then you can call him a cunt all you want!

Actually no you can't. Trust me.

Actually, yoshimitz707 can. He earned it.

Oops, I hadn't noticed he was a premium member. He has earned it :P

#20 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2859 posts) -

Can you really not say the F word? It can be so amorous.

#21 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Fuck yeah, it's cool. But try and keep it tasteful.

#22 Posted by TooWalrus (13128 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

Can you really not say the F word? It can be so amorous.

Oh, you can definitely say the FUCK word, it was that other F word they were talking about...

#23 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

Shit bro ... fuck if I know

#24 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2859 posts) -

So naive.