Characters vs People

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Okay, here's something I'm kind of confused about. In games like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, you have real people that are characters in games. Let's say I'm trying to add Rodney Mullen as a character to the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater page. He doesn't show up in the search because he doesn't have a character page, but only a person page. Does this mean a character page needs to be made for him as well? Maybe I'm overlooking something here. I hope someone can clear this up for me.
    Also, since I'm posting, why is it that we can add people without images, but for characters, we need an image? I understand that getting images of some industry people may be more difficult, but it's also sometimes difficult with characters. I tried adding an Officer Dick (a secret character in most of the Tony Hawk games) page earlier, but I couldn't find a picture of him on the internet, so I wasn't able to submit a page. I'm sure there are other people out there who have the capability of taking screenshots, so why am I unable to make a page and just have someone else add an image later? Alright, that's all I have to ask. Thanks for your time. Any clarification would be totally appreciated.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Anyone? Anyone?

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

A Character is anyone who's in a game, be it a real person or a fictional being.
A Person is someone who is credited in a game.

Let's say Rodney Mullen is in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater as a skater, and he got special thanks in the game credits.
In this case, he would have both a character entry and a person entry; the character entry would list details of his character in the game, his stats, his tricks, other games he's been in etc. whereas the person entry would list information about Rodney Mullen's involvement with the game industry, perhaps his bio, and so on.

As for your images, I'm not in with anything the staff are deciding - so you'll have to wait for a reply from then about that!

Hope this clears things up.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, you're my hero. Thanks.