Concept: Cursor on a Console?

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

I'm thinking about a concept page for games where you can move a mouse-like cursor around freely, but the game cannot be played with a mouse (or is not designed to be). You usually see this in menus, a recent example being the Destiny beta.

Just to make sure this is a good idea and the page won't be deleted, what do you all think about it? And is there a better name than "Cursor on a Console"?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Virtual Mouse Cursor?

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#5  Edited By bobafettjm
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like there are no objections, so I'll go ahead and make the page.

The general proposals thread idea is great, someone do that.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm thinking about a concept page for games where you can move a mouse-like cursor around freely, but the game cannot be played with a mouse (or is not designed to be). You usually see this in menus, a recent example being the Destiny beta.

Just to make sure this is a good idea and the page won't be deleted, what do you all think about it? And is there a better name than "Cursor on a Console"?

how does this work with Wii and Kinect games where you're controlling a cursor in the same way but via motion controls. Do all of these apply?

SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@def said:

@saturdaynightspecials said:

how does this work with Wii and Kinect games where you're controlling a cursor in the same way but via motion controls. Do all of these apply?

I think that counts. Not all Wii or Kinect games have it, so it's not inherent to the control scheme like on PC.