#1 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2390 posts) -

I'm thinking about a concept page for games where you can move a mouse-like cursor around freely, but the game cannot be played with a mouse (or is not designed to be). You usually see this in menus, a recent example being the Destiny beta.

Just to make sure this is a good idea and the page won't be deleted, what do you all think about it? And is there a better name than "Cursor on a Console"?

#2 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Virtual Mouse Cursor?

#5 Edited by bobafettjm (1504 posts) -
#6 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2390 posts) -

Sounds like there are no objections, so I'll go ahead and make the page.

The general proposals thread idea is great, someone do that.

#7 Posted by DeF (4903 posts) -

I'm thinking about a concept page for games where you can move a mouse-like cursor around freely, but the game cannot be played with a mouse (or is not designed to be). You usually see this in menus, a recent example being the Destiny beta.

Just to make sure this is a good idea and the page won't be deleted, what do you all think about it? And is there a better name than "Cursor on a Console"?

how does this work with Wii and Kinect games where you're controlling a cursor in the same way but via motion controls. Do all of these apply?

#8 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2390 posts) -

@def said:

@saturdaynightspecials said:

how does this work with Wii and Kinect games where you're controlling a cursor in the same way but via motion controls. Do all of these apply?

I think that counts. Not all Wii or Kinect games have it, so it's not inherent to the control scheme like on PC.