Does and object need related games?

eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By eagle

The lists of 'related games' in the right column are either empty or similar the '<objectname> games' in the middle column.
So what's the purpose of 'related games'?

Example: Baseball Bat

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By breton

Not an official word or anything, but I think it's just a crossover of the ones from the middle. 'Cause when you go to a game page, say GTA IV, you can both select Similar Games from the left hand column, and see it in the right hand column. When looking at baseball bat, I think it just displays the ones from Games(selected on the left) in both the middle and right. Probably just an overlook on the development side.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

The object doesn't need related games (I don't think), but it's definitely useful for justifying its creation. For instance- a sword, a very typical RPG weapon with vast permutations. You could make a huge list of games that are associated with that object. The same with individual weapons.

Just my opinion.

eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eagle

I feel I'm misunderstood. A list of games that involve a baseball bat is fine. But there are 2 lists, one in the middle and one on the right. So the one on the right is useless.

Now if Breton was right and it's a 1 on 1 pure copy, I don't really mind however it would be cleaner if the devs disabled showing the 2nd list.
If it's not a 1 on 1 copy, we're generating a lot unsorted data that will be a pain to clean up.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

I am unable to edit the Related Games list, so I think it is indeed duplicated from the list of games that include the object.