#1 Edited by Marcelloz (118 posts) -

When adding a release I miss a 'European' option. 
European releases differ from UK because they often contain more than 1 spoken language or subtitles. 
Can you add a european option please? 
tnx

#2 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3487 posts) -

A "Worldwide" release option would also be awesome. It would be appropriate for mostly digitally released games ;)

#3 Posted by DeF (4925 posts) -

good idea, I noticed that too and felt left out ..being from germany and whatnot :D

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I think I remember Jeff once outlining why there was no Europe option. Or maybe he was just saying that Britain isn't Europe. The point is that you shouldn't expect it soon.

#5 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" I think I remember Jeff once outlining why there was no Europe option. Or maybe he was just saying that Britain isn't Europe. The point is that you shouldn't expect it soon. "
That's ridiculous. And even if the UK release corresponds with the rest of Europe, why isn't it called European release instead of UK release? (not directed at you, just a rhetorical question)
#6 Edited by Not_Rage (470 posts) -
#7 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

So.. why not add a EU release option, if they don't mean that when they say UK?

#8 Posted by Cincaid (2958 posts) -
@Azteck:
Probably because there will be no end to the additions once you start. Should they add an "Asia" option as well, since clearly games aren't released over there at the same time as in Japan? Or just scratch "EU" and "Asia", and add every country in the world while we're at it? 

I don't live in the UK, but I honestly don't mind the way they have it on the wiki.
#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@CrazyChris: 

But still, Europe is a major area for video games, isn't it? Asia isn't, since I rarely hear it brought up outside Japan and other-Asian-countries-that-are-kinda-one-note (China's piracy, South Korea's Starcraft, etc.), but Europe sure as hell is.
#10 Posted by Marcelloz (118 posts) -

"For Data Purposes" sounds stupid. You can add 200 images to a game which is a lot more data than release information. Can't say they only target the English speaking market, because of Japan. And it's not like there are 25 different releases in Europe. Mostly 1 european release with X languages. Often the UK version doesn't have those.  And Europe is indeed a big market, so supporting us would be nice :-) 
( and to be honest, Europe lacks a decent europe-wide game site like giantbomb or gamespot so that's why I think a lot of people from across the ocean are using this site ;-) )