• 86 results
#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
Most of these are implemented, some of these will be implemented by the end of the day. These are not set in stone, but we're definitely seeing that we need to both remove some abilities from low scoring users and add new abilities to high scoring users.

Under 1000
  • All submissions are sent to moderation

• Can make live edits to existing pages
  • Can request for new pages to be created, but must still be moderated

• Can create new pages without need of moderation
  • Can set the default image for a page (look for the ribbon icon)
  • Can remove images from an object

In the next couple days we will be implementing a MOD POINTS system. This will be based off both the image crowd tool moderating and the wiki moderating. Yes, these points will be retroactive and count your previous actions on the site. So if you're looking to sneak attack someone on the scoreboards, feel free to start now.

We will continue to add abilities and fun stuff (especially around profiles) in regard to points over the next month. If you have any good ideas specifically about what we can award high scoring users, please feel free to let us know.
#2 Posted by dev_ron (350 posts) -

thanks for the info. specially for the abilities and fun stuff :)

#3 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Looking forward to the mod points system!

#4 Posted by theycallmeryan (100 posts) -

This is very nice. Great job GiantBomb :D!

#5 Posted by LtColJaxson (1138 posts) -

Cool. I think it would be neat to add badges for various things around the site. Such as first time uploading image, uploading wiki, among other things. Maybe a ranking system as well based off points.

Good job with this kind of stuff, and thanks for making the site so customizable. Keep it up.

#6 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

Man, I don't know if I'll ever hit those... I tend to want to make quality submissions, and those aren't getting a whole lot of love at the moment. But I'm sure by this time next year I'll be all about it.

But seriously, I can't believe how much ya'll have to sort through, total props to you.
#7 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

Good to know!

#8 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Time to grind on Giant Bomb!

#9 Edited by Absinthetic (172 posts) -

FREE CRAP GIVE AWAY!!!!!!!!

OR INVIT
E TO NEXT YEARS E3 AS SPECIAL GUEST OF THE GB TEAM FOR MOST POINTS!!!

#10 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

SNEAK ATTACK!

#11 Posted by Helmetz (65 posts) -

A community based website is a cool idea...but what about the idiots that gain moderation abilities that just want to go around and screw up the site???

#12 Posted by DarkArmada (132 posts) -

Great news - if I think of anything I'll drop you a PM :)

#13 Posted by Ice_Cold_Rayman (216 posts) -
Helmetz said:
"A community based website is a cool idea...but what about the idiots that gain moderation abilities that just want to go around and screw up the site???
"
Well, considering the amount of time needed to attain moderation abilities, and the amount of people on this site, i'm relatively certain that anyone screwing up the site would be found relatively soon, banned, and everything changed back to normal.
#14 Edited by Ice_Cold_Rayman (216 posts) -

Nevermind, I get it now.

#15 Posted by Bartiemus (253 posts) -

getting to a thousand is the hard part

#16 Posted by Absinthetic (172 posts) -
Bartiemus said:
"getting to a thousand is the hard part
"
you better get on it soon, cuz the older the site gets, the number of pages that need description, pictures, and editing and what not will become hard to find.

I just finished writing the write ups for the ps3, 360, and wii pages
#17 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -

Good to know.

#18 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

awesome, cant wait to see it in action

#19 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

Sounds promising!

#20 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Awesome, can't wait for 5000 pts...

#21 Posted by TheAdmin (713 posts) -

it seems images take a while to get approved - I got some from since this site opened waiting... any ideas on how that can go faster? When mods approve your article submission can they see the images that might relate?

#22 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

You guys are doing so a good job at motivating us to spend countless hours editing your own site =P. It's delicious!... Deliciously sneaky! Oh, and what you said about the Mod points, does that mean we get points for voting on images and such? Or just for mods doing stuff?

#23 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Pretty sweet, So will the mod points be counted with regular points?

#24 Posted by TimesHero (694 posts) -

How about....... A  trip to go and visit Giant Bomb HQ?

#25 Posted by Falconer (1691 posts) -

What are these mod points? Do you get them for using the image tool? You were pretty vague about it.

#26 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
ShaggyChu said:
"What are these mod points? Do you get them for using the image tool? You were pretty vague about it."

If you mean the crowd moderation tool, I do believe it will factor into it.
"This will be based off both the image crowd tool moderating and the wiki moderating."
#27 Posted by Ruisu (60 posts) -

Thanks a lot for the Information. Man I love this site so much and its just getting started. I cant wait to see how awesome it will become in the near future.

#28 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

All the more reason to earn more points!

#29 Edited by breton (1437 posts) -

My  "You have made _____ moderations." on the Image Moderation increases by 2 each time. Bug?

Edit: Actually, it appears to be increasing by three, and sometimes four as well. But I've yet to see it add just one.
Edit again: Cubit(below) appears to be right.

#30 Edited by Cubit (33 posts) -

Could it be that it depends on how many galleries the image is being submitted into?  If the user is trying to put it in 4 different galleries, then you are essentially making 4 different mod choices when you rate it.  Just a guess.

#31 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1037 posts) -

10,000 points: party in my pants. Just throwing that out there.

#32 Posted by kitsune_conundrum (1202 posts) -

Can you say Level Up?

#33 Posted by Blitzer (394 posts) -

Good to know! But I'm waiting for the mods to catch up so bugs and stuff get taken care of. Profiles need to be fixed. (Allow us to move things around)

#34 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Mod points will be a separate scoring mechanism that is based on approving/denying other peoples content. Currently this exists in two places. The first is the crowd based image tool, and the second is for wiki mods who are going through the main queue.

We will open up both new ways for regular users to mod as well as new abilities for people who have taken the time to help out on the site.

#35 Posted by Cubit (33 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
"10,000 points: party in my pants. Just throwing that out there."
Don't worry.  I've come to terms with the fact that there will always be someone on this site with more points, more images, and more knowledge than me.  Doesn't mean I won't try
though.  :)
#36 Posted by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -

initiate sneak attack

#37 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Sounds great

#38 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

Cool.  Now I just need to get back to working towards 5000 points.

#39 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Good idea with all the cool rewards and benefits you get,but it's REALLY retarted that we have to get a certain number of points first,it's not a game,it's a website.

#40 Posted by KuribosShoe (640 posts) -

no, I think the point thing is quite reasonable

wikipedia has open edits and that stuff gets vandalized all the time.

#41 Posted by herviross_2 (91 posts) -

Thanks for the info.

#42 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Very nice, should pay off for a lot of people.

#43 Posted by Thalnax (2 posts) -

You're killing the people like me who are going to take a while to get to 1000.

#44 Posted by efrucht (639 posts) -

video uploads please

#45 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

Just got 5000 points I'm ready!

#46 Posted by Ilias13 (101 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up Snide, looking forward for those fun stuff :D

#47 Posted by Derios (423 posts) -

Sounds good.

#48 Posted by MrMiyamoto (1272 posts) -
LtColJaxson said:
"Cool. I think it would be neat to add badges for various things around the site. Such as first time uploading image, uploading wiki, among other things. Maybe a ranking system as well based off points.

Good job with this kind of stuff, and thanks for making the site so customizable. Keep it up.
"
No, just no...
#49 Posted by MrMC (43 posts) -

sweet

#50 Posted by Falkien (211 posts) -

sweet thanks man good to understand..