#1 Posted by TigusVidiks (13 posts) -

I noticed this while searching for my ME3 release in the game page. Could not find it. The regions only display United Kingdom for all of Europe when UK is exactly the only european coumtry with a diferent release. UK does not follow PEGI.info age rating like the rest of europe. Games sold in the EU space cannot be sold in the UK and the oposite

also true. Which means that as it is you can never actually have the acurate releases info and pics in here. Is this going to be fixed?

#2 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

@TigusVidiks: Actually, the UK just recently made PEGI their standard for video game age ratings.

[source]

#3 Posted by TigusVidiks (13 posts) -

Well I didnt know about that but still doesnt change the fact that most releases wiki are inacurate , incomplete or plain wrong because of this minor detail. Take Mass Effect 3 for ex. My xbox copy has a PEGI 18 red square in the lower left. In the back says clearly-'Made in EU- Not for suply in the UK.'. This box is not in the wiki. All one can find in the 17 releases in wiki is either the UK edition with a red circle(not PEGI), or the actual cover I have and described, but identified as UK release, which the cover itself says its not. If you try to correct, you simply cant. There is no EU.

#4 Edited by eccentrix (1553 posts) -

Just add the release without the region. Or is that not kosher? Because if not, there are a lot of releases which need fixing.

Edit: Oh, I guess you can't add a release without a region. The ones I see must have been added before that was changed, then.

#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Right now the only regions in the wiki are "UK," "US," "Japan," and "Australia." I've run across several games that are Korean exclusive, Spanish, German, etc.

#6 Edited by Snail (8606 posts) -

@StarFoxA said:

Right now the only regions in the wiki are "UK," "US," "Japan," and "Australia." I've run across several games that are Korean exclusive, Spanish, German, etc.

I hope they change this in the upcoming revision of the wiki pages. Having the ability to set a release date for a specific country, in case it is different in just one country from the rest of the world for some reason, would be a really useful improvement. Obviously it is rare for a release date to be different in just one country but sometimes it's a set of countries that don't fall into any of those four or regions commonly associated with them.

#7 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

@Snail: Release functionality being improved is top of my wishlist for updates to the wiki.

#8 Edited by TigusVidiks (13 posts) -

@Snail: its not that rare.. In Portugal often our release date is 2 or 3 days later. In editions that are equal for all of europe the release date is a detail. But if its a localized edition with portuguese voices or subtitles, its a diferent edition with a diferent release date, and you can't put it in the wiki.

#9 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

@TigusVidiks said:

@Snail: its not that rare.. In Portugal often our release date is 2 or 3 days later.

What are you on about? I don't think I remember many cases like this. I think these days, if it's been released in a PAL region it's been released in Portugal.

Well even if that were true, yet another reason to implement this with the site redesign.

#10 Edited by TigusVidiks (13 posts) -

@Snail: @Snail:

Assassins Creed games had 2 editions in Portugal. 1 equal to the rest of EU and another with dialogues and menus in portuguese, and respective cover announcing it. Guitar Hero and general party titles = same. Halo Reach with Spanish dialogs. etc etc. Borderlands 2 on the 18th ? Perhaps. IIn my country every store announced it for the 21rst and you could not find it before. Like I said, 2 days difference in a small country for the same edition, its just a small detail and on ocasion it may even be atributed to the local importer/distributer. But if its an edition with actual diferences (be it language or subtitles or even extra content) adding to the diferent release date, to me it deserves a new wiki entry.