This is just an idea i came up with when struggling to find full multiplayer games going in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood...and it seems i'm not alone.
The concept is pretty simple (...from my perspective cause i don't have to program the thing)
- By placing your name in this list you signify that you have a copy of the multiplayer game and/or you're interested in playing multiplayer with the Giant Bomb community.
- Next, a community member has the ability to register as a "Game Night" host. As a host you set a date, time, system you're playing on, and other appropriate details.
- When the host submits their registration, everyone in the list gets a Private Message with the Game Night information.
- From there, players on the list can confirm if they can play at the set time. This gives an idea how how many will likely show up.
- Various play date registrations for single night, weekly or monthly play dates.
- Rating system, not really for the quality of the experience as much as for commitment from the community to fill that play date.
I think this could be helpful for picking up older games, or even downloadable games, that no longer get a lot of support online, or even obscure modded PC games. Also, it's nice to play within a community where you have something of an identity to withhold which could thin out obnoxious behavior.