Gears of War: Ultimate Edition worth its own page?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I was initially dead set on the idea that it should simply exist as an alias for the proper Gears of War game page. However it appears that literally all of the cutscenes have been completely redone and mo-capped, not to mention the assets themselves have all been retextured and all that. For example here's the cutscene for Kim's death in the original vs Ultimate Edition. Oh, and spoilers - LULZZZZZZZZZ.

Mechanically there's not that much to set it apart, beyond some minor adjustments like letting you switch weapons whilst roadie running, as well as packing in certain weapons and character/weapon skins from Gears 3 like the Retro Lancer. They're including all of what was originally PC-exclusive content as well just to add another bullet point.

Still, visually speaking this is clearly more than some resolution boost. What's also important to add is that Halo: Combat Evolved received its own page for its remastering as well, even though the most notary difference between the two is the graphical overhaul it received.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

It also has Team Deathmatch and other multi modes Gears 1 didn't have. There seem to be gameplay differences as well(which might be multiplayer only). I'd say it easily deserves it's own page.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I'm not a wiki guy, so I could definitely be wrong, but it seems worthy of its own page.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

It also has Team Deathmatch and multi other modes Gears 1 didn't have. There seem to be gameplay differences as well(which might be multiplayer only). I'd say it easily deserves it's own page.

Right, good point! I've never played any of the original Gears' multiplayer so such changes have more easily fell to the sidelines.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

I wouldn't think so. You'd put a separate header on the Gears of War 1 page describing this re-release and it's additions.

Then again I'm no wiki mod.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By butano
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@yummylee: We already got a hard no from Jeff regarding this. Please add Gears of War: Ultimate Edition as an alias on the wiki page for the first Gears of War.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@zombiepie said:

@yummylee: We already got a hard no from Jeff regarding this. Please add Gears of War: Ultimate Edition as an alias on the wiki page for the first Gears of War.

Really? Was this discussed on the bombcast or elsewhere? Though if that is the case then surely the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary page should be deleted. EDIT: Or assimilated into the Halo Combat Evolved page rather.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Boy I really wish there were more rules set for this kind of thing. It seems very back and forth on which pages get their own and which don't. I can't understand why this would not get its own page when plenty of other of this type get their own pages.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@yummylee: It was during a private conversation, and your counter example is a separate staff verdict. With that there's nothing more to really discuss here so I am closing this thread.