General Consensus on Objects/Locations?

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

There are a lot of pages on GB that can easily be either a location or object. Pages like Cruise Ship (location) make more sense to me as objects (I had a similar submission for a ship as a location months ago and it got rejected). Other pages like the Pillar of Autumn and Volcano (both objects) seem too big in my opinion to be considered objects. Is there some sort of guideline for how big something has to be before it becomes a location?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This is my proposal. If it can hold 40 elephants, it must be a location.

Actually, for the cruise ship, I think it makes a lot more sense as an object, well because, ya know, cruise ships move. For it to be a location, I think it needs to have a stationary position.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew
"While it's possible to have a mobile location, if its primary role is that of transportation, it should be an object."
So it looks like Cruise Ship should be an object. Volcano should be a location if the attached games take place in a volcano.
Pillar of Autumn looks like it could be treated as a "mobile location", but I'm not familiar enough with the series to know its actual role in the games.