Give us back the ability to delete game gallery images

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hamst3r

Not being able to delete images from game galleries sucks.

EDIT: Oh and if we actually can still delete images, how? I went to a gallery, clicked edit tags, click on an image and there was no delete option.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Yes, for the love of God yes. You can't even create different image folders anymore, either. And I've mentioned this many a time in the past, but it's worth bringing up again: Why must there be such a high bar of entry to customising page backgrounds? What makes it so special that it actually appears to take precedent over the entire article itself, given that you only need 1K points (I think?) overall to then hypothetically write whatever you want on whichever page you want. It's bloody madness!

There are simply so many pages that you couldn't get the 1K points requirement on, so you gotta go through the waiting list in the thread, and I don't even bother with that anymore because I can never get the sizing right. It's not like you can at least test it out before hand, either. This also goes hand in hand with the fact that you can't delete images, because back when I would tinker around and test images, they'd still be in the gallery itself, so sometimes I would inevitably stuff the gallery with a bunch of the same images just at slightly different sizes and brightness.

Anywhoo, yeah, managing images in general is an absolute mess.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@yummylee said:

You can't even create different image folders anymore, either.

Yea, you can. I do it all the time. I do wish we could delete images, though, given how often I'll accidentally upload a Photoshopped image to the wiki.

And somebody give me the ability to write multiple captions at once! It would make my job so much easier!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

@video_game_king: Oh, with the tags, I assume? Fair enough then, but the other points still stand.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

I agree. I have accidentally uploaded two of the same image a few times and am far too lazy to ask a mod to delete it for me. It is really weird that they don't allow us to do it anymore.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

giant bomb doesn't care for wiki editors

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I would really love the ability to delete images again. I feel like maybe even setting a high overall points threshold would help?

Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I accidently added 3 copies of the same image to a game when it was telling me there was an error on submission and they hadn't gone through. Being able to delete the duplicates would be handy, dont really understand why I can add them but not delete them. If deleting still has to be approved by a moderator it's not abusable, is it?