This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Nuff' said. If there's something you notice on the site that could use some work or have something you specifically want to take on lemme know. I'll be up for another hour or so and will make sure to get them in the queue. 

Don't know what tasks are yet? Check out this page for the basics.

#2 Edited by Tearhead (2214 posts) -
@snide: 
I think " Rock" should have a wiki task for too many associations. I'd be happy to get right on that... especially since I may have been one of the perpetrators :)
#3 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -
#4 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

I created Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan pages, and filled some of it out, but there are no pages for actual car companies in the database, maybe some gearheads could do some on that, I try to in my spare time,

#5 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -
@snide: The Risen page needs work.
#6 Posted by RagingLion (1368 posts) -

Omg.  How long has this part of the site existed for?  Never seen it before.  Well I can't think of anything to add to the queue off the top of my head, but I just wanted to say it's awesome that this feature now exists and I'll try to check it out often in future.  Also, is there any usual way to request particular pages for addition to this queue from the moderators, i.e. in a forum somewhere or such like?

#7 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
@RagingLion: It's only been up for the weekend. 

@Shini4444: @Tearhead: Tasks created. Have at it!
#8 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Oh man, i've been at videogames since the early 90s but these titles predate me! 

You old guys stealing all mah points!

#9 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -
@snide: I'd done a lot of work with Risen BEFORE the bounty system started.  Do I get points for all of that work?  :P
#10 Posted by MB (13089 posts) -
@armaan8014: You already did get points for it!

We can award additional bonus points above and beyond what even the task offers as a reward for exceptional work, though.
#11 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

It might be a nice idea to add "task" for all the digital download games that get released every week, there are quite a lot of them and it is hard to keep up as it is.

#12 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
@Rallier: I'm planning on adding a task for each of the Block Party games as they are released - the Toy Soldiers page has already benefited from the new system.
#13 Edited by Spacetrucking (946 posts) -

The David Crane page could use some more info. The man started Activision and made Pitfall

Also, the Danielle Berry page is surprisingly empty for such a fascinating personality. Apart from the gender issues, Danielle made M.U.L.E which is one of most influential games ever made.

#14 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
@Killjoi: Created these two tasks for you.
#15 Posted by MB (13089 posts) -
@Killjoi: Good ideas, I started a couple of tasks for these two individuals.
#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Inventory is disappointingly bare. I'd like to see information about the different types of inventory systems, how they've evolved over time, stuff like that.
I'm sure there's a lot that can be said about random encounters too.

I think The Oregon Trail could also be expanded nicely.
#17 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
@LordAndrew: Created those.
#18 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Thanks. No one's taken on The Oregon Trail yet, but apart from the unfortunate edit conflict on the Inventory page I like the work that's been done so far.

I came across another game page that I'd like to see improved: King's Quest. Do we have any Sierra adventure fans here?

#19 Posted by Time_Lord (723 posts) -
#20 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -

I have a CRAZY amount of pages that I could post here, but I'll just post this one. Metal Storm is a great NES game, but the page could use some SERIOUS touching up.

#21 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3715 posts) -

The Chrono Trigger page is just a long ass summary of the story. 
If someone could go in and boil it down to a short synopsis and give some more information about the game that would be great.

#22 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

The Clock Tower page is painfully empty.  Gameplay, story, really any well-written information would do that page good.

#23 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" The Chrono Trigger page is just a long ass summary of the story. If someone could go in and boil it down to a short synopsis and give some more information about the game that would be great. "
Icwutudidthar. 

Anyways... 

I don't have any recommendations for any tasks at the moment, as I couldn't tell you what needs work and what doesn't.  All I know is that I'll be watching the Help page a lot more often now.
#24 Posted by Sliced_Bread (148 posts) -
#25 Posted by BackpackKat (464 posts) -
#26 Posted by ApolloJ85 (242 posts) -
Soldier of Fortune needs a lot of work, as the (limited) information is spread out across too many editions of the game (gold, platinum). An amalgamation is badly needed.
#27 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -

Unique for snide: Fix the christmassy avatar. 
Reason: Misleading.

#28 Posted by Hamst3r (4562 posts) -

When closing the task, the moderator assigns the bounty to all members who deserve points based on their desecration.

Mmm...Sacrilege. :)
#29 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -
@MB said:
" @armaan8014: You already did get points for it! We can award additional bonus points above and beyond what even the task offers as a reward for exceptional work, though. "
Alright I'm gonna do more work on it!
#30 Posted by DrFidget (215 posts) -

The page for Buzz! Quiz World seems to have been copy and pasted right from wikipedia. Therefore it should be burned and be replaced by all new content.

#31 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Jungler needs some working on.

Also going through the "logo boxart" page, that needs work some things in there look like there's more image than text, especially something that's probably more than a logo, and thus doesn't belong in there, it's also a pretty useless page when you have boxart.

Edit again, Incredible Crisis needs work.

#32 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

I added this to my other thread but it seems appropriate to re-post here. I think the original John Madden Football page could use some filling out. How can the game that actually managed to spawn a reality show based on playing it, not have a lick of info?

#33 Edited by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -
#34 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

Chromatic Aberration should be added as a graphical effect. It is now a staple in 3D rendering and games.

#36 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

The Alone in the Dark franchise page is pretty much blank, any fan of the series should fill it out.

#37 Posted by ApolloJ85 (242 posts) -
California Games. Everyone played it back in the day, but no one has written more than a few lines about it. As the current wiki entry states, it was one of the first sports minigames collections ever made.
#38 Posted by Spacetrucking (946 posts) -

Should we do a full rework of the Batman page ? It has no info about his role in games. Maybe we can fill out some stuff about his character portrayal in games ? I've only played the old NES game and Arkham Asylum so I'm not the best judge of this but there must be other Batman fans on the site who know more about him ?

#39 Edited by TMThomsen (2082 posts) -
#40 Posted by Jacob816 (137 posts) -
#42 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -
#43 Edited by Dustpan (1694 posts) -
#44 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
#45 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -
#46 Posted by eroticfishcake (7789 posts) -
#47 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2443 posts) -
Cubivore's page is criminally thin. Someone with a better memory than I and/or a copy of the game should really flesh it out a bit.
#48 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -
#49 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -
Bangai-O Spirits is pretty good, but needs some formatting correction and maybe some more information.
#50 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Wouldn't this work better if this was a sticky?