#101 Posted by Ifnot (47 posts) -

Thanks for the info, but I'm still clueless, lol.

#102 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I think I've done some things in seperate edits. Sorry about that guys. I'll do that no more!

EDIT

Can I just clarify - the "Why Should We Add This?" is just a quick note to the mods right? It doesn't need perfect grammar too does it? Because I've just been quickly typing in a quick reason for it's addition.

#103 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
blizzvalve said:
"I have submissions that re coming to the 24 hour mark and they still haven't been checked. Are you short of support or something because it's really taking a long time"
Think how many people are posting submissions at the moment dude. It's no rush really - just keep editing away and your earlier stuff will get approved eventually. They will catch up, but it's going to take them a while.
#104 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

Ive got stuff that's 1 day old, I'm just slightly confused cos last night i added some images which were moderated within minutes and now it seems like its been all day.

#105 Posted by Broseybrose (19 posts) -

how many points for a screenshot, because im waiting on approval for a ton of my best screens (at 1920x1200/4xAA)?

#106 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

Sounds good, it actually keeps people in check and is a good way to have a few posts here and there and to make the content in posts more interesting. Very nice.

#107 Edited by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Yeah I have a bunch of really hi res images of KZ2, R2, LBP and more, some even 5k res.

But I doubt the points matter on how hi res the screens are..

#108 Posted by nhlkiller (7 posts) -

thanks for this....great FAQ answered my questions

#109 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I wish written reviews gave you points based on how helpful it was, or it just being there in general. I like to review games more than edit things.

#110 Posted by Premier111 (170 posts) -

You guys are in some serious help for moderators, I can tell. If there is anything I can do to be a part of that, please let me know. I know you guys are overwhelmed by the new site, but the boards are going to hell fast, I would be glad to put my experience to use. Let me know when its an appropriate time to step forward.

#111 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
Premier111 said:
"You guys are in some serious help for moderators, I can tell. If there is anything I can do to be a part of that, please let me know. I know you guys are overwhelmed by the new site, but the boards are going to hell fast, I would be glad to put my experience to use. Let me know when its an appropriate time to step forward."
They are slowly but surely selecting moderators.
#112 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

1000 points, here I come!

#113 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Hopefully so, because right now there is quite a lot of spam and flaming.

#114 Edited by Axersia (1613 posts) -
Lozz said:
"Ive got stuff that's 1 day old, I'm just slightly confused cos last night i added some images which were moderated within minutes and now it seems like its been all day.
"
Yeah, same here. My submissions only seem to get through when staff is online. This would imply submissions are handled on a last-come first-serve basis, which is the worst idea ever, because then my stuff won't get accepted for another week, if not more.

If all my uploads and edits were accepted, I should've had like 3000 points right now. If they just would've accepted my stuff and given me 1000 points, they wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. I wanna edit a lot of pages, but I don't like the idea of having to wait for my edits to go live (what if I put an hour of work into writing an article from scratch and someone else beats me to it?), so I've been spamming screenshots first.

But I'm willing to bet that even after I get my 1000 points, all my old pending stuff won't automatically live, so I expect this to take a very long time...
#115 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
Axersia said:
"Lozz said:
"Ive got stuff that's 1 day old, I'm just slightly confused cos last night i added some images which were moderated within minutes and now it seems like its been all day.
"
Yeah, same here. My submissions only seem to get through when staff is online. This would imply submissions are handled on a last-come first-serve basis, which is the worst idea ever, because then my stuff won't get accepted for another week, if not more.

If all my uploads and edits were accepted, I should've had like 3000 points right now. If they just would've accepted my stuff and given me 1000 points, they wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. I wanna edit a lot of pages, but I don't like the idea of having to wait for my edits to go live (what if I put an hour of work into writing an article from scratch and someone else beats me to it?), so I've been spamming screenshots first.

But I'm willing to bet that even after I get my 1000 points, all my old pending stuff won't automatically live, so I expect this to take a very long time...
"
I just think there is such a big content overload going on that the staff has their hands full. I think once everything settles down and they have a chance to regroup and recruit, submission entries will go more smoothly.
#116 Posted by Carmel_Chewy (323 posts) -

Alright, thanks for posting the info.

#117 Posted by B_Carpenter (7 posts) -

I'm glad my submission for a certain game didn't went trough moderation, because I totally forgot to look it up ..hehe.
Once more users get past 1.000 points this place will get better and better.

#118 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
B_Carpenter said:
"

I'm glad my submission for a certain game didn't went trough moderation, because I totally forgot to look it up ..hehe.
Once more users get past 1.000 points this place will get better and better.

"
Yeah I agree. The problem right now is that so many people are posting to get to the 1000 point mark that the submissions are flooding their inbox.
#119 Posted by nWoRandom (1 posts) -

this site is my new home

#120 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Which is why they need more then like, 4 people who approve stuff... Honestly I think it could go a little faster though, even with 4 people. :P

#121 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Huh, I want more info

#122 Posted by oGShAdY (322 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Which is why they need more then like, 4 people who approve stuff... Honestly I think it could go a little faster though, even with 4 people. :P
"

According to the podcast over 20,000 seperate submissions have been made since launch, and, I'm guessing, that it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators.
#123 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

Has anyone been able to deduce what happens if you submit a better page for a page that already exists? Do they replace it, combine them, or reject the newer submission? 

#124 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
Foil_Charizard said:
"Has anyone been able to deduce what happens if you submit a better page for a page that already exists? Do they replace it, combine them, or reject the newer submission? 
"
That is up to the moderator reading your submission. If your information is correct, more informative, and/or well-written it will more than likely replace the previously submitted content.
#125 Posted by OpusAngelorum (47 posts) -
oGShAdY said:
"...it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators. "
I believe they said on the podcast that there was 6 of them them currently moderating the content.
#126 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Sounds good. I was trying to avoid adding images with watermarks but wasn't 100% if it mattered.

#127 Posted by RagingLion (1363 posts) -

Aha, someone else going for the Mass Effect characters.  I guessed there'd be some people doing that.  Maybe I'll leave off it before the first confirmed submissions come through then.

#128 Posted by SoSerious (59 posts) -

Is there a notification for rejected content? My list just has pending or approved.

#129 Edited by JethroVegas (93 posts) -

Interesting.
I wasn't even aware of the encyclopedia stuff until now, I'm afraid...

#130 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

I realize that they guys are extremely busy and doing their best. But should I be worried if I have some pending submissions that are around 2 days old?

#131 Posted by Gary_Jinfield (84 posts) -
SoSerious said:
"Is there a notification for rejected content? My list just has pending or approved.
"
There is, I've seen it a few times in a few profiles. (It states rejected in large red letters)
#132 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Okay, thanks.

#133 Posted by Kowalski (262 posts) -
SoSerious said:
"Is there a notification for rejected content? My list just has pending or approved.
"
This means that your uploaded images that were processed got approved. If you spot the word rejected in red letters instead of the two aforementioned, you'll know what it means.
#134 Posted by vgmkyle (108 posts) -

Some stuff is just going to look Wiki depending on the game.

#135 Posted by MrBojangles (137 posts) -

I'm sure this was answered, but I don't have the time to read all of the responses.

Will it show up that an edit is rejected or will it just keep saying, "Pending"?

#136 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
MrBojangles said:
"I'm sure this was answered, but I don't have the time to read all of the responses.

Will it show up that an edit is rejected or will it just keep saying, "Pending"?
"
If your submission is rejected it will show up in red letters as "rejected."
#137 Posted by RoonilWazslib (26 posts) -
MasterSplinter said:
"Foil_Charizard said:
"Has anyone been able to deduce what happens if you submit a better page for a page that already exists? Do they replace it, combine them, or reject the newer submission? 
"
That is up to the moderator reading your submission. If your information is correct, more informative, and/or well-written it will more than likely replace the previously submitted content.
"
If we submitted a new page that has since been added by someone else what happens to our images? For example I created a lightsaber and a Toad page, but those edits went through from someone else. Will the images uploaded with the page still possibly be approved or do I need to upload them to the existing page?
#138 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
RoonilWazslib said:
"MasterSplinter said:
"Foil_Charizard said:
"
"
If we submitted a new page that has since been added by someone else what happens to our images? For example I created a lightsaber and a Toad page, but those edits went through from someone else. Will the images uploaded with the page still possibly be approved or do I need to upload them to the existing page?
"
I doubt it. I would re-submit those images to the newly created pages.
#139 Posted by Silentassasin5k (22 posts) -

Just to point out, I have some submissions a few days old but I made a few today that were approved almost instantly. Might be a bug in the queue system, just figured i'd point it out.

#140 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Ive got a question, do the points on our profile update automatically? Or is that a daily thing?

#141 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
serbsta said:
"Ive got a question, do the points on our profile update automatically? Or is that a daily thing?
"
Your points update automatically, while your rank updates daily.
#142 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
Silentassasin5k said:
"Just to point out, I have some submissions a few days old but I made a few today that were approved almost instantly. Might be a bug in the queue system, just figured i'd point it out.
"
The queues for images and text submissions are different so that is why some things are getting submitted faster than others.
#143 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Took me 48 hours for my edit to be looked at then someone added stuff =(

#144 Posted by Caddy (308 posts) -
oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"Which is why they need more then like, 4 people who approve stuff... Honestly I think it could go a little faster though, even with 4 people. :P
"

According to the podcast over 20,000 seperate submissions have been made since launch, and, I'm guessing, that it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators. "
I can't even imagine sitting in a queue that size. Good luck to the staff and any mods doing it!
#145 Posted by Kowalski (262 posts) -

It looks like almost only the users above 1,000 points have gotten more submissions done in the last 24 hours. I'm soon going on 3 days on stuff...

#146 Posted by Silentassasin5k (22 posts) -
Caddy said:
"oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"

According to the podcast over 20,000 seperate submissions have been made since launch, and, I'm guessing, that it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators. "
I can't even imagine sitting in a queue that size. Good luck to the staff and any mods doing it!
"
Well my queue is going to keep increasing because I add a few hundred pics a day. I just wish some of them would start to go through the system.
#147 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

Can we transfer some of our Comic Vine points? I just want to move about 970 points over :)

#148 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -
Silentassasin5k said:
"Caddy said:
"oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"

"
Well my queue is going to keep increasing because I add a few hundred pics a day. I just wish some of them would start to go through the system.
"
Images are the easiest items to upload, so I am going to bet the image queue is exponentially larger than the wiki queue.
#149 Posted by Silentassasin5k (22 posts) -
MasterSplinter said:
"Silentassasin5k said:
"Caddy said:
"oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"

"
"
Images are the easiest items to upload, so I am going to bet the image queue is exponentially larger than the wiki queue.
"
Yes but I have wiki queues that are about 72 hours. Maybe everything is just backed up lol.
#150 Posted by FullMetal_Mac (90 posts) -

Cool I'll make sure not to upload watermarked images.