How to improve the quick search bar

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

The quick search (the one that is in the top right hand corner of your screen while reading this) when you type something in shows you the most populair results on that entry (which is not that great but that is not what im talking about today).

Say we look for the character "Kyle", plain Kyle no family name what do we get?

2 Kyle's, now i know that one is from a fire emblem game since i used these two kyles as an example in my character/location FAQ and that the other is from something called loduss (something like that)

problem is that in this quick search result we cannot see which kyle is which since we do not see their description.

Now my suggestion would be that under the character name there would be the first game they appeared in.
Since that info is filled in in the character page ( first appearance ) i suppose that it wont be all to hard to ad that string of code into the JAVA.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

Theres a picture to go with it, I think that helps enough

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Endogene
HazBazz said:
"Theres a picture to go with it, I think that helps enough"
That ok for well known characters but when it comes to more obscure stuff that picture usually is not enough.
Also there are a lot of characters with only one name that have yet to be added, old games especially.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

When it comes to more obscure stuff, sometimes it doesn't show up at all. That's a bigger issue for me.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene
LordAndrew said:
"When it comes to more obscure stuff, sometimes it doesn't show up at all. That's a bigger issue for me."
i know what you mean, i have been unable to link certain images to certain characters because they are "un populair" and therefore do not appear on to p of the search list