I am just gonna come out and say it. Managing images is horrible.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

While I like the new text toolbar and think it looks way better then before I just hate how they change the way you manage images. The block that pops out when scrolling over an image is very fickle and if you are dealing with more then one pictures in a row then it become a total nightmare. Sometimes I will try to change an image size or positioning only to find out i was actually working on the neighboring picture and the whole post gets FUBAR. I even had cases when after changing an image size or positioning the caption will get totally fucked up and even removing and potting the pictures back won't help.  

Please Giant Bomb staff don't take this too harsh, I really tried to give this new way a chance but I just can't stand it.  Keep the new text toolbar but change the way you manage pictures posts and blogs.

Anyone else with me on that or am I all alone in this.  

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I think it's a bit more convenient but it acts all wonky. Sometimes when I hover over the image to make the bar appear, it won't disappear and I have to click a bunch of stuff to make it go away.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Oh, you're talking about images in the text editor. I thought you were going to point out the inadequacies of the image uploader / manager. That thing is not as great as we had all hoped it would be. :(
I haven't done much with images in the new text editor yet, so I haven't experienced what you're referring to. It does sound pretty weird though. I thought the new image stuff in the text editor made managing images easier, but I guess it's still got some issues.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jambones

I just experienced the exact problem. In fact, two images were side by side and I wanted to move one over the the right, but every time I tried to mouse over the alignment options the pop-up would disappear.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

It's difficult to position them where I want them, to be honest.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

That sort of thing has always been troublesome. I had hoped the new editor would fix those issues. What with the neat bordery stuff and whatnot...

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ethan

Give me some details, like browser, operating system, a link to an actual blog post gone awry.  I'll fix it if you can show me what needs to be fixed. See the How to submit a bug thread pinned to the bug forums.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai
@ethan said:
" Give me some details, like browser, operating system, a link to an actual blog post gone awry.  I'll fix it if you can show me what needs to be fixed. See the How to submit a bug thread pinned to the bug forums. "
Ok, thanks.  

Browser: Safari 4.0.2 
As far as a link to a post that gone awry then I don't have one. The blog that I worked on was just getting so troublesome I ended up rage quitting it.
ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ethan
@Mordukai said:

" @ethan said:

" Give me some details, like browser, operating system, a link to an actual blog post gone awry.  I'll fix it if you can show me what needs to be fixed. See the How to submit a bug thread pinned to the bug forums. "
Ok, thanks.   Browser: Safari 4.0.2 OS: OSX 10.5.8  As far as a link to a post that gone awry then I don't have one. The blog that I worked on was just getting so troublesome I ended up rage quitting it. "
Thanks.  It actually would help me to see a blog that is borked.  Maybe create a test one for me?  That way I can debug it.

OH, also, Do you use a mouse or trackpad?