I did some serious work on the Wiki and lost it all in a second.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agent47

For future reference is there anyway for someone to undo a mistake when they edit a wiki besides the obvious save your work method?

I say this cause after putting much work into the wiki an hour or so of editing and revising I accidently hit Ctrl+X and cut the whole the fucking page off only leaving the already present overview section, which as you can imagine would piss anyone off.And after a hundred attempts of Ctrl+Z/Y I could not recover my work, not a single piece.Which drove me nuts as I did extensive editing on a mostly fresh page.Now I feel inclined to never touch this wiki page again after so much frustration which is a shame as I wanted a more up to date wiki page for the people. Is there some obscure keyboard combination I'm missing?Or is there no hope for my future stupidity?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

This should probably be in Editing and Tools.

And as far as I know, there isn't. Hopefully in the redesign.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Agent47

@iAmJohn:Yeah I guess I couldn't decide but I was pretty aggravated and just put it here.I guess someone could put it in Editing & Tools it seems more appropiate.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

What about Ctrl-V, to paste back what you cut out?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#5  Edited By Slag

@Agent47: unfortunately none that I'm aware of. Having done exactly what you did in the past all I can suggest is do your editing in a word processor and when you are done CTrl+v it over to the wiki-editor for pics and formatting.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

I've had this happen, too. Unfortunately the best advice seems to be to just save more often. Hopefully the foreshadowed sight redesign will make the editor play nicer.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Agent47

@LordAndrew:Ugh I hope that's not true cause I would feel like a fucking dumbass.I mashed away Ctrl+Z/Y hoping for something, then I blew up in rage.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Karl_Boss

I've done this before too, it sucks.....working separately from a word document then copying and pasting it over is a safer way to do it, the formatting will probably be wonky when you paste it over but its fixable.