What should this concept be called? I wrote inaccurate stats, but other names might be better:
- arbitrary stats
- misleading stats
furthermore, the word "stats" can be "attributes"
What name is best?
The concept is referring to when choosing a character or vehicle (or weapon or equipment) .. the attributes of that character/vehicle/item are displayed, but sometimes they are factually off, sometimes slightly, but other times to the point where they seem to be completely made up. Other times there may be an attribute being rated that cannot be measured in the first place.
What are some games that have this? I know you guys know some..
Titles that definitely have this concept are:
- Pursuit Force
- Sonic Riders
- Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
- Ace Combat series (namely the mobility stat)
examples that arguably fit the concept:
- Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (weapon power measured on a scale of 1-5.. in roman numerals, and the rating is used across both rapid fire and non-rapid-fire weapons. Furthermore the Flare Gun has the standard max rating of V even though it kills any normal enemy in one hit.)
possible examples of this concept: (need verfication)
- F-Zero GX and other F-Zero titles that use the Body/Boost/Grip categories.
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (splitscreen mode)
- Twisted Metal titles (iirc the special moves were rated, even though each vehicle has a completely different one)